Reporter and Cameraman Murdered on Live TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this the part where an Australian grandstands again about how fucked USA's gun laws are? Nope, sorry, let's not politicise a tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I watched the video before anyone knew what actually happened and I can't think about anything else. I can't emphasize enough not watching it.

Jesus, that's terrible. I don't even want to click the link now for fear of autoplay. What happened?

Jesus, that's terrible. I don't even want to click the link now for fear of autoplay. What happened?
In the video? They're up on what looks like an elevated walkway. I've seen conflicting reports that it was a shopping center and a water park, I don't want to watch again to figure that out. The reporter is interviewing a woman who apparently works there, I think they're talking about something new that was opening. Then you hear the first gun shots from behind the camera. The reporter and interviewee start screaming and the reporter tries to run away while the interviewee sort of freezes. Then the cameraman (and the camera) fall to the ground, turning the camera backwards, where you can see a blurry gunman approaching both women. You hear about eight total shots before they cut back to the studio where a stunned anchorwoman says something like "We don't know what just happened there but we will let you know as soon as we do."

Last edited:
Australia is terrible in so so many ways but I thank the non-existent god I don't pray to every fucking day for our attitude on guns. And it breaks my heart that your country can't push through.

I watched the video before i knew what was really happening in it (someone sent me the link with no context other than a "holy shit this is insane"). It's nowhere near as brutal as it could have been thankfully but still something I won't be able to get out of my mind any time soon.

It's only a matter of time before this shit happens again if something real isn't done. And sure as hell nothing real will be done.

Last edited:
In the video? They're up on what looks like an elevated walkway. I've seen conflicting reports that it was a shopping center and a water park, I don't want to watch again to figure that out. The reporter is interviewing a woman who apparently works there, I think they're talking about something new that was opening. Then you hear the first gun shots from behind the camera. The reporter and interviewee start screaming and the reporter tries to run away while the interviewee sort of freezes. Then the cameraman (and the camera) fall to the ground, turning the camera backwards, where you can see a blurry gunman approaching both women. You hear about eight total shots before they cut back to the studio where a stunned anchorwoman says something like "We don't know what just happened there but we will let you know as soon as we do."

No, I meant what were the surrounding circumstances, but now I'm even more disturbed.

I'm at a total loss on this issue.

I blame the NRA most of all. But also regular law-abiding gun owners. And the guns themselves.

Less guns, less gun crime.

It was two videos. First one was 20 seconds, him walking up behind them. Second was 25 seconds, him standing behind them, then opening fire. Like the live shot on TV, you don't actually see anyone get hit. But I just threw up.

Back
Top Bottom