Reporter and Cameraman Murdered on Live TV - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Reporter and Cameraman Murdered on Live TV

Shots fired near TV crew during live report in Virginia

The reporter and the photographer are dead. As someone who has plenty of friends in journalism, this shakes me to my core. I actually first mistook the station for one my friend is a reporter for in Virginia.
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Yikes, that's nuts! I really don't know what else to say right now.
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 07:12 PM
I put a link there so people would know what the story is, but if you haven't seen the video, don't watch it.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,033
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Is this the part where an Australian grandstands again about how fucked USA's gun laws are? Nope, sorry, let's not politicise a tragedy.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 14,214
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Reporter and Cameraman Murdered on Live TV

Unbelievable. They were just doing their job.
__________________
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,664
Local Time: 08:12 PM
I'm a journalist and so this has really shocked and saddened me. Just horrific. And I refuse to watch the video.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 07:12 PM
I watched the video before anyone knew what actually happened and I can't think about anything else. I can't emphasize enough not watching it.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 04:12 PM
Jesus, that's terrible. I don't even want to click the link now for fear of autoplay. What happened?
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #9
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,033
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Jealous ex?
__________________
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Jesus, that's terrible. I don't even want to click the link now for fear of autoplay. What happened?
In the video? They're up on what looks like an elevated walkway. I've seen conflicting reports that it was a shopping center and a water park, I don't want to watch again to figure that out. The reporter is interviewing a woman who apparently works there, I think they're talking about something new that was opening. Then you hear the first gun shots from behind the camera. The reporter and interviewee start screaming and the reporter tries to run away while the interviewee sort of freezes. Then the cameraman (and the camera) fall to the ground, turning the camera backwards, where you can see a blurry gunman approaching both women. You hear about eight total shots before they cut back to the studio where a stunned anchorwoman says something like "We don't know what just happened there but we will let you know as soon as we do."
__________________
PhilsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,475
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Jealous ex?

I'm hearing disgruntled ex-employee.

Fuck your guns. All of them.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #12
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,033
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Australia is terrible in so so many ways but I thank the non-existent god I don't pray to every fucking day for our attitude on guns. And it breaks my heart that your country can't push through.
__________________
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Just heard it on the radio, including soundbites... darn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,393
Local Time: 07:12 PM
I watched the video before i knew what was really happening in it (someone sent me the link with no context other than a "holy shit this is insane"). It's nowhere near as brutal as it could have been thankfully but still something I won't be able to get out of my mind any time soon.

It's only a matter of time before this shit happens again if something real isn't done. And sure as hell nothing real will be done.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
In the video? They're up on what looks like an elevated walkway. I've seen conflicting reports that it was a shopping center and a water park, I don't want to watch again to figure that out. The reporter is interviewing a woman who apparently works there, I think they're talking about something new that was opening. Then you hear the first gun shots from behind the camera. The reporter and interviewee start screaming and the reporter tries to run away while the interviewee sort of freezes. Then the cameraman (and the camera) fall to the ground, turning the camera backwards, where you can see a blurry gunman approaching both women. You hear about eight total shots before they cut back to the studio where a stunned anchorwoman says something like "We don't know what just happened there but we will let you know as soon as we do."
No, I meant what were the surrounding circumstances, but now I'm even more disturbed.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com