Reporter and Cameraman Murdered on Live TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But hold on guys, Pac Mule wants to have some guns.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guns are fine. Highly regulated, difficult to obtain guns are fine.

I don't think he's a terrorist. He seems like an upstanding guy. I really do mean that.

But I also think that "responsible gun owner" is a contradiction. If you own a gun you cannot be truly responsible. You enable domestic terrorism.

I want a national gun registry with yearly psychological examinations to justify the continued possession of a gun. You have the right to a firearm, but not if you could potentially endanger others. No semi-automatic weapons or assault rifles for civilians. There's no fucking need for them. Everyone can own a firearm if they prove mentally capable and responsible, but we all need to be at a level that makes shootings less potentially devastating.

I fully, willingly relinquish my "personal freedom" on these matters in order to increase public safety as a whole. I wish more were willing to do the same, but a national registry is the supposed first step to banning guns altogether, or a government takeover, so it's not a popular idea. But this is where we are right now. Lots of monstrous individuals ruined a good thing and now it needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
It's on the cover of today's Daily News
yep, and there's also this:
tumblr_ntp6c0CdRb1qznwjno1_1280.png

source: washington post

I'm just going to assume Oregoropa has been sarcastic in all of his posts on FYM.

When the Zombies, New World Order, Anti-Christ appear I'm hanging with Pac Mule

I know you're joking, but if you said "blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims" you'd have a pretty good representation of the visual language used by pro-gun groups on Facebook.

I want to support the troops and also the second amendment in case I ever need to kill the troops.

I know you're joking, but if you said "blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims" you'd have a pretty good representation of the visual language used by pro-gun groups on Facebook.

This is spot-on. For all the machismo rhetoric in American ideology, we really are a culture dominated by fear. I'd say fear, or even paranoia, are at the core of the gun problem: this idea that some type of unfamiliar evil is constantly lurking around the corner.

Last edited:
I want to support the troops and also the second amendment in case I ever need to kill the troops.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/its-our-duty-support-troops-and-second-amendment-c-1929

"The troops volunteered to protect our freedom, and for that they deserve our respect. Every day, they put their lives on the line to preserve your right to acquire a basement full of powerful weapons to use on them should worst come to worst. Do I approve of everything the military does? No, of course not. Will I lurk in the woods, ambushing patrols of soldiers if necessary? Of course I will. But even if I take up arms against the troops, I will stand behind them."

This is spot-on. For all the machismo rhetoric in American ideology, we really are a culture dominated by fear. I'd say fear, or even paranoia, are at the core of the gun problem: this idea that some type of unfamiliar evil is constantly lurking around the corner.

http://www.thenation.com/article/katrinas-hidden-race-war/

It was 10 years ago this week that armed vigilantes shot and killed at black people in the aftermath of Katrina. They were scared they would loot their homes, so they organized a militia and shot at any black person walking around. Gun culture+fear of the other=violence

"Some of the gunmen prowling Algiers Point were out to wage a race war, says one woman whose uncle and two cousins joined the cause. A former New Orleanian, this source spoke to me anonymously because she fears her relatives could be prosecuted for their crimes. "My uncle was very excited that it was a free-for-all–white against black–that he could participate in," says the woman. "For him, the opportunity to hunt black people was a joy."

"They didn’t want any of the ‘ghetto niggers’ coming over" from the east side of the river, she says, adding that her relatives viewed African-Americans who wandered into Algiers Point as "fair game." One of her cousins, a young man in his 20s, sent an e-mail to her and several other family members describing his adventures with the militia. He had attached a photo in which he posed next to an African-American man who’d been fatally shot. The tone of the e-mail, she says, was "gleeful"–her cousin was happy that "they were shooting niggers.""

Katrina’s Hidden Race War | The Nation

It was 10 years ago this week that armed vigilantes shot and killed at black people in the aftermath of Katrina. They were scared they would loot their homes, so they organized a militia and shot at any black person walking around. Gun culture+fear of the other=violence

"Some of the gunmen prowling Algiers Point were out to wage a race war, says one woman whose uncle and two cousins joined the cause. A former New Orleanian, this source spoke to me anonymously because she fears her relatives could be prosecuted for their crimes. "My uncle was very excited that it was a free-for-all–white against black–that he could participate in," says the woman. "For him, the opportunity to hunt black people was a joy."

"They didn’t want any of the ‘ghetto niggers’ coming over" from the east side of the river, she says, adding that her relatives viewed African-Americans who wandered into Algiers Point as "fair game." One of her cousins, a young man in his 20s, sent an e-mail to her and several other family members describing his adventures with the militia. He had attached a photo in which he posed next to an African-American man who’d been fatally shot. The tone of the e-mail, she says, was "gleeful"–her cousin was happy that "they were shooting niggers.""

I do wonder if the murder of the two TV folks by a troubled black homosexual while shooting live video and live tweeting it should be considered a hate crime.

:shrug:

Nbelcik, kindly post some of thenation's stories about safety in Baltimore in the last twelve months, and inner-city Chicago, etc, etc.

I do wonder if the murder of the two TV folks by a troubled black homosexual while shooting live video and live tweeting it should be considered a hate crime.

:shrug:

Considering that he was targeting people who he had personally been angry at, rather than targeting random people because of the race, religion, ethnicity, etc. no, it would not be considered a hate crime. Nice try though.

http://www.thenation.com/article/why-baltimore-burns/

And here's an article on Baltimore by the Nation. Turns out that when you establish an extremely lopsided distribution of resources through hundreds of years of violence leaving people with little to no hope of economic advancement, eliminate government programs that help inner city youth, ship jobs overseas, cut education funding, and basically neglect to help the inner city at all, crime and other social problems are the result. Who would've thought.

Bluer White is right. Chicago and Baltimore are descending into daily black on black violence not seen in decades. And we don't get the same outcry from the gun-control merchants and #blacklivesmatter.

And here's an article on Baltimore by the Nation. Turns out that when you establish an extremely lopsided distribution of resources through hundreds of years of violence leaving people with little to no hope of economic advancement, eliminate government programs that help inner city youth, ship jobs overseas, cut education funding, and basically neglect to help the inner city at all, crime and other social problems are the result. Who would've thought.

Nbelcik, I did read the article you posted a few times over. Thanks for responding to my question about recent gun safety in Baltimore.

Bluer White is right. Chicago and Baltimore are descending into daily black on black violence not seen in decades. And we don't get the same outcry from the gun-control merchants and #blacklivesmatter.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/uncateg...st-gun-violence-rally-outside-chucks-gun-shop

http://www.ibtimes.com/spike-lee-ca...ace-march-jennifer-hudson-john-cusack-1976037

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...lack_on_black_crime_suggesting_otherwise.html

Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Considering that he was targeting people who he had personally been angry at, rather than targeting random people because of the race, religion, ethnicity, etc. no, it would not be considered a hate crime. Nice try though.

I'm aware of Mr. Flanagan's sorted work history.

Back
Top Bottom