"Real Girls Eat Meat" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 09:40 AM
"Real Girls Eat Meat"

Animal rights group turns its fire on celebrity meat-eaters - World Politics, World - The Independent
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
vaz02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: manchester
Posts: 7,447
Local Time: 02:40 PM
As long as the animals are treated with dignity and respect during their upbringing and slaughtered with as little pain as possible who cares.
__________________

__________________
vaz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Ew, PETA! Why did I even bother to click?
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaz02 View Post
As long as the animals are treated with dignity and respect during their upbringing and slaughtered with as little pain as possible who cares.
Yep. Animal suffering is one thing, but humane slaughter of animals for human consumption is another. We wouldn't be around if our ancestors hadn't eaten meat.

Peta
__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #5
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 06:40 AM
I hate Jessica Simpson, but also loathe PETA. Quite the conundrum.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 08:40 AM
PETA are a bunch of hypocrites anyway. They kill a lot of the animals they 'rescue', and often not in humane ways. They're about as bad as bible-thumping fundies when it comes to getting up in everybody's business with their agenda.

If they don't want to eat meat, fine. I just wish they'd be less obnoxious about it. But whatever, less people eating it is fine with me, it keeps the price of steak down for when I go shopping
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,509
Local Time: 06:40 AM
We are all put upon this earth as part of a food chain in the great scheme of things.
__________________
Carek1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 08:40 AM
I do not understand the title of this thread...
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 06:40 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit I know this, but without even clicking the link, I'm guessing it's in reference to a tee shirt Jessica Simpson was photographed wearing, and PETA got all whiny about it.

Allegedly, her shirt was a public jab at her NFL ex (Tony Romo? I think?) who now dates Carrie Underwood, a vegetarian.

I'll show my gossip-loving self out.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:40 AM



Just for funsies, here are the top five reasons that only stupid girls brag about eating meat:

1. Meat increases the risk of breast cancer. A 2007 study of 35,000 women published in the British Journal of Cancer found that women who ate meat were far more likely to develop breast cancer than women who consumed none. Will Jessica's next t-shirt will say, "Real Girls Smoke 3 Packs a Day"?

2. Real girls don't support animal abuse. Compassion is super sexy, if the huge number of hot celebs ditching meat is any indication. Young women turn vegetarian in droves when they learn that the meat industry cuts the sensitive beaks off newborn chicks and cuts off the tails of baby piglets.

3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth. The only thing that's hot about the meat industry is that it's toasting the planet. According to the United Nations, raising animals for food causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, SUVs, planes, and ships in the world combined.

4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings, pork chops, and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming "Jessica Simpson's Intimates" line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way.

5. Eating meat steals food from starving kids. Jessica's trip to help kids in Africa got a lot of media buzz, but by gnawing on meat, she's essentially stealing food from the mouths of starving children since it takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If more people went vegetarian, we'd free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #11
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 03:40 PM
I think quite possibly the worst thing about PETA is that they consider the caliber of social commentary embodied by Jessica Simpson's T-shirts to be worth more than two seconds' thought.

Oh, wait..
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #12
New Yorker
 
bonocrazy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: WV and VA, USA
Posts: 2,742
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post



Just for funsies, here are the top five reasons that only stupid girls brag about eating meat:

1. Meat increases the risk of breast cancer. A 2007 study of 35,000 women published in the British Journal of Cancer found that women who ate meat were far more likely to develop breast cancer than women who consumed none. Will Jessica's next t-shirt will say, "Real Girls Smoke 3 Packs a Day"?

2. Real girls don't support animal abuse. Compassion is super sexy, if the huge number of hot celebs ditching meat is any indication. Young women turn vegetarian in droves when they learn that the meat industry cuts the sensitive beaks off newborn chicks and cuts off the tails of baby piglets.

3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth. The only thing that's hot about the meat industry is that it's toasting the planet. According to the United Nations, raising animals for food causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, SUVs, planes, and ships in the world combined.

4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings, pork chops, and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming "Jessica Simpson's Intimates" line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way.

5. Eating meat steals food from starving kids. Jessica's trip to help kids in Africa got a lot of media buzz, but by gnawing on meat, she's essentially stealing food from the mouths of starving children since it takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If more people went vegetarian, we'd free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.
__________________
bonocrazy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Tony Romo doesn't date Carrie Underwood now, he did before Jessica (supposedly they're still together). I don't get the appeal of him at all.

That's all
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 03:40 PM
I would eat PETA members if prepared just the right way
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
I serve MacPhisto
 
TripThruUreWires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: prettiest mess you've ever seen
Posts: 1,135
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
I would eat PETA members if prepared just the right way
__________________

__________________
TripThruUreWires is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com