Random FYM Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can contact Niantec (the developer of the game) and have your private location removed from the game. So it's not very concerning at all, actually.

You can contact Niantec (the developer of the game) and have your private location removed from the game. So it's not very concerning at all, actually.

Except it's not that easy. They are so overwhelmed right now they can't even register new members, I've heard of several reports of people trying to do this and they're being told it will take weeks, maybe months to get to.

Yeah that can be expected since the game is all over the globe.. but it'll all be adressed once the game is rolled out everywhere.

:grumpy: Still waiting for the official release.

For the guy with the gate problem, I'd suggest getting a lock.

I'm against motion sensor lights in bathrooms. It may be environmentally friendly, but when I'm sitting down a two minute delay is not going to cut it. Leads to inconvenient darkness. This needs to change!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I agree.
I have been in some where the sensor is right above the faucet.
When you wave your hand by a short burst of water comes out so fast you don’t have time to get both hands under it to wash.

Late to this game, I guess, but: why on earth should anybody have to get in touch with a tech company to stop people tramping all over their private property?

Is anyone else out there concerned with the PokeMan GO game and the implications of a virtual world being overlapped with the real world. The reason I bring this up, is a rare PokeMan lives in the woods on my property. I have not authorized my property to be used in a virtual world, yet someone three times now, has opened the gate, come into the yard, and then left without closing the gate. My dog escaped one time because of this. We have air space rights legally in the world of law, but I am now wondering if this game is going to result in virtual space rights......hmmmmm

with tech, we have a lot of disruption. anyone that complains get labeled a hater, cranky or out of touch with the present and future
also, new companies, these disruptors are getting a free ride.

if lawn darts were irresponsible and open to lawsuits, why does pokemon go get a pass? we have people using this paid game getting injured even dying.
Walking or driving in congested areas while looking at a hand held device is putting people at risk. I am sure in the "I agree" check off users agree to hold this company harmless for any harm or legal consequences that happen while using the app (game) even loss of life.

can lazer tag companies create playing fields in open public and private spaces and charge their users fees and send them to those places??

can lazer tag companies create playing fields in open public and private spaces and charge their users fees and send them to those places??

i hope so, this would be amazing.

and pokemon go is a free app, you only have to pay for power boosts and shit like that if you want them, so nobody is paying the developer for the game to tell them to go somewhere.

that is a really bad idea, but you and anyone is free to like bad ideas of even terrible ones

and we have this

Epic Video 'Shows Huge Mob in Taipei Racing After Pokémon'

as for it being free, I have read articles about how much money the makers of this app are making, so they are being paid, users may or may not buy the upgrades, the costs of this app is tremendous to traffic congestion and police man hours used in relationship to this company profiteering without providing much of anything but a platform for people to show how little they value their time by perusing worthless, meaningless activities.

a platform for people to show how little they value their time by perusing worthless, meaningless activities.

you're right, they should follow your example and do something worthwhile and meaningful with their lives, like complaining about what other people do with their time on interference.

Is anyone else out there concerned with the PokeMan GO game and the implications of a virtual world being overlapped with the real world. The reason I bring this up, is a rare PokeMan lives in the woods on my property. I have not authorized my property to be used in a virtual world, yet someone three times now, has opened the gate, come into the yard, and then left without closing the gate. My dog escaped one time because of this. We have air space rights legally in the world of law, but I am now wondering if this game is going to result in virtual space rights......hmmmmm

Do you live in Florida? You could just shoot them instead.

I don't know, the game's tracking is so non-existent plus getting third party apps shut down that it seems like you're more just dealing with a handful of assholes who are conveniently blaming a phone game for their assholeness.

I'm still waiting to get a Pokemon-related call at work, but they're still all baby mama drama and just regular texting and driving.

it really is, and niantec keeps taking away functionality and banning gamers in the spirit of "keeping the game fun" or whatever. i mean the only thing that's become more fun is the game doesn't crash all the time, but now i keep getting told i don't have a gps signal when that never happened upon initial launch, and i'm also being told i'm going too fast when i'm not even moving because my person is spazzing out and can't decide if i'm where i actually am or somewhere else a mile away and keeps running between the two.

then that discrepancy worries me that if it happens too much, will i get banned? i'm not trying to spoof my location. i'm not even a serious enough player to try to do this stuff. if i were i'd at least do it properly and sit on my ass on the sofa and play from home, instead of walking to the park and randomly going a mile away where there's absolutely nothing.

but i mean yeah a game that is getting people outside and walking around and talking to people (there's lots of instances where people meet up to play in public spaces and also businesses will entice people to come there), stuff that purely going off the stereotype your typical gamer didn't do before. and yes, people have the right to complain about a game not working properly. people complain if this site isn't working properly? people complain if microsoft word isn't working properly? people complain if google goes down? consumers have the right to complain if a product isn't working altogether or isn't working as promised. it's kind of how the whole capitalism system works.

ever since they added the "you're going too fast," I think everyone who didn't already quit has had the gps freak out like that.

I am probably a very atypical Pokemon Go player. I haven't played a video game since Donkey Kong, I am that old. But I am on maternity leave and I spend many hours walking around with the stroller (and often the dog as well). Honestly Pokemon has helped me maintain my sanity when the baby is asleep and you need to keep pushing that stroller but are already bored to tears. Has been a lifesaver! I don't have enough time to really get into the game or go out and actually play for the sake of playing, hell I barely have time to sleep BUT when I'm on a walk anyway it's been fun. :up:

you're right, they should follow your example and do something worthwhile and meaningful with their lives, like complaining about what other people do with their time on interference.
giphy.gif

I am moderating a candidates Forum tomorrow night

http://www.westnewportbeach.org

In the format I include a series of yes-or-no questions where they hold up a card that says yes or no.

I have included a Pokemon go question

You should include a Harambe question, we all know it's the only important issue this election.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've watched Mad Men and noticed that people were extremely well dressed all the time except when it was 1969/70. That was dire.

In future, all Americans will be required to dress as they would if they were in Mad Men circa 1969/70. Manson-foreshadowing nightie optional.

I think TV and movies are excellent, accurate representations of reality.

Anyone else watch movies about gladiators and notice how hot they were? Like, people were so good looking back then.

Back
Top Bottom