Random FYM Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a sign of the fucked-up world we live in when you're relieved it's a drunk asshole, not an act of terror.

Stuff like this and what happened at the Bataclan are literally my worst nightmare. I hope people are okay, unfortunately fatalities have been confirmed
A balloon popped near me last night at U2 and I was *terrified*. This is a shitty fucking situation we now find ourselves in.

Praying for the victims' families, and those who are injured. What a nightmare.

A balloon popped near me last night at U2 and I was *terrified*. This is a shitty fucking situation we now find ourselves in.

Praying for the victims' families, and those who are injured. What a nightmare.

i remember when i was in high school the security overreacted when people "pop" plastic bags but in hindsight they were reasonable to be scared of that popping noise.

I know some people on this site dislike/despise Sam Harris, but this is an interesting listen. He reads directly from the Dabiq, which is the ISIS magazine they publish. In light of what happened in Manchester, and what seems to be a way of life, I found a better understanding of what would push someone into this mindset.

I would not be lying when I say that during the 1st night in the Rose Bowl, I was looking to the sky at any flying object, and felt the buildup to "Bomb blast lightning waltz" hoping to all hope that wasn't the trigger moment for an event.

I am not generally a paranoid person (maybe I was from the sheer insane quantity of pot smoke in section 16), but U2 in the Rose Bowl? I felt like it could be a target. For sure.

I know some people on this site dislike/despise Sam Harris, but this is an interesting listen. He reads directly from the Dabiq, which is the ISIS magazine they publish. In light of what happened in Manchester, and what seems to be a way of life, I found a better understanding of what would push someone into this mindset.

Thanks for sharing. I just listened to the entire thing. Scary shit, but at the same time, I am not surprised.

When I was in college, there was this communist-style newspaper that was soon taken over by Muslim students, who used it to speak out against the Iraqi War. In one issue, a girl did a photo essay on other girls wearing hijab and why they did. Disturbingly, a lot of the girls said they did it for the sake of the afterlife. Meaning, it was Allah's law and the next life was more important than this one.

I can almost understand why someone would get caught up in this insane ideology. When I was younger (early teens), I was obsessed with who goes to heaven and who doesn't. I was totally worried about where I would go when I died. Eventually, I outgrew this mindset when I began to realize the gray areas in life and one's behavior. Unfortunately, it appears Islam (I never studied the Quran) is so straightforward and gives black and white explanations on everything, that it is attracting a lot of Western Muslims, including young girls.

OK, I'm rambling. But this podcast certainly explains a lot. Thanks.

And it clearly spells out that their main motivating factor is as simple as "you're with us or against us".

Politics, colonialism, or anything else is secondary on the list of why they hate us.

They hate us because we Do not share the same vision.

And it's why they are able to recruit people from all walks of life. Hell in the podcast it discusses how a Swedish woman converted and was blessed and so happy one of her sons DIED from a bomb.

It's mental

PORTLAND, Ore. — Marches against Islamic law were planned Saturday in more than two dozen cities across the United States, but scholars and others say the protesters are stoking unfounded fears and promoting a distorted and prejudiced view of the religion.

The group organizing the rallies, ACT for America, claims Shariah "is incompatible with Western democracy and the freedoms it affords."
But most Muslims don't want to replace U.S. law with Islamic law, known as Shariah, and only "radical extremist groups" would call for that, said Liyakat Takim, a professor of Islamic studies at McMaster University in the Canadian city of Hamilton, Ontario.

Marches against Islamic law to be held in many US cities

Unfounded fears indeed. Yet, some Christian groups want to take away some people's rights, so go figure.

President Donald Trump’s administration has asked Congress for an injection of almost $8 billion in additional funds.

How much would it cost to build a wall to keep out hurricanes? It seems even 1 Trillion investment would be worth it now, if you take into consideration how long the the wall would last (it must be a good wall), the adjusted rate for inflation on the loan (in 100 years, a trillion dollars is actually worth far, far less at 2-3 percent a year...), and how much damage per year hurricanes cause (also adjust UP for inflation in the years to come)...

Sinking trillions of dollars into creating a weather machine to stop hurricanes sounds exactly like something Trump would do.

I too enjoy Sam Harris:

Last edited:
Only if we make warm, moist air pay for it.

Oh yes, hurricane humor [emoji52]

As someone who is going to Houston this weekend to help a brother and cousin who completely lost their homes; jokes about how devastating your colossal waste of a vote keeps me comforted.

Back
Top Bottom