Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
The only two Hitler mustaches in that slide show were on a kitten and Groucho Marx. Groucho may have been a Republican, but that was a long time ago. The kitten I'm pretty sure doesn't give a fuck. Cats never do.

I wasn't referring to the slideshow on that link. Do you want me to show you pictures and video?

Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I wasn't referring to the slideshow on that link. Do you want me to show you pictures and video?
I like how you responded to his post of all people, because Beav was the one who cared least if you responded.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I like how you responded to his post of all people, because Beav was the one who cared least if you responded.
I honestly didn't see too much worth responding to. By me simply pointing out peoples' hypocrisy when it comes to Hitler references and appearing to be halfway intelligent, BVS said I "missed the point," martha said I don't understand irony, and financeguy went off in a direction that I really don't see as relevant.

What do you say about people at the rally showing conservatives as Hitler? Is that sane? Is that being informed? Or is it just them being funny and not really meaning it? What about the video, which I'd be glad to share, of multiple people there thinking "Keynesian" meant "being from Kenya?" Is that the level of reason and intelligence to which we should strive?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

No, the level of intelligence and reason we should strive for is that of the event organizers. Jon Stewart is a reasonable and intelligent man.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #125
Refugee

Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
You're quite welcome, Jeannieco! It was an excellent read, he's a very talented writer.

We do need the comic relief. Absolutely. And I'm happy that there are people out there willing to bring that. A stor, I love the Muslim ones, too-they make their point in a strong yet simple way. I'm really glad they thought to do that.

Do tell, how do you really feel about Brett ?

I just got tired of his back and forth about retiring. Seriously, I thought I was indecisive... The picture thing is just dumb, too. There are some things that don't need to be sent via any sort of technological device.

"Humpty Dumpty was pushed"-cute. Now there's a conspiracy I'd be interested in...

Angela
Thanks Angela. I think they made a very important statement. I am lucky to be friends with a few moderate Muslims. They know I am Catholic and always make it a point to wish me a "Merry Christmas." Respecting my faith and I certainly respect their's.

A few weeks age. There was a bomb threat in my neighborhood. It had nothing to do with Muslims or the Middle East. Just some physco a-hole of an ex boyfriend who threatened to blow up his ex-girlfriends car. The police sectioned off the entire area. The bomb squad was called in. I live right across the street from a elementary school. The children had to be evacuated.

My friend who is originally from Egypt was coming home from work. And she asked me what is happening? She thought that maybe a child had been hit by a car. When, I told her of the bomb threat. Her response was. "OMG please no. is anyone hurt? Are the children safe?"

I felt so bad for her. She grew up in the Middle East and became an American Citizen over years ago. Both of her daughters were born here. Beautiful, kind and articulate young women. The kind of girls that any parent would be very proud of.

There was no bomb, BTW. But, what we Americans would we shrug off as some kind of lunatic nutcase just making a threat. Truly frightened her.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #126
War Child

Local Time: 03:03 AM
All of the signs =

I didn't get the Keanu reference, though.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #127
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Keanu Is Sad/Sad Keanu | Know Your Meme

Sad Keanu is a photoshop meme based on a paparazzi photo of the well-known Canadian American actor Keanu Reeves sitting on a park bench and (sort of) enjoying a sandwich by himself.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #128
War Child

Local Time: 03:03 AM
I just looked up 'meme' on Wikipedia and my brain almost exploded. I'm so behind in the digital age.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #129
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #130
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
I honestly didn't see too much worth responding to. By me simply pointing out peoples' hypocrisy when it comes to Hitler references and appearing to be halfway intelligent, BVS said I "missed the point," martha said I don't understand irony, and financeguy went off in a direction that I really don't see as relevant.
I think everyone here has addressed at one point in their time in FYM that Hitler references are uncalled for and happen on both sides. I didn't see any serious ones at this rally but that doesn't mean they didn't exist, and if they did they would be just as wrong as the Tea Partiers.

BUT, Stewart nor any of the "leaders" are encouraging or making these references, both Beck and Rush have.

Quote:
What about the video, which I'd be glad to share, of multiple people there thinking "Keynesian" meant "being from Kenya?"
that's funny... See? Ignorant people on all sides.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #131
She's the One

Quote:
Is that the level of reason and intelligence to which we should strive?

It's what the Tea Partiers love!

Dude, your righteous indignation at the *gasp* humor of these marchers doesn't really hold water when you have actually defended those idiot tea partiers.

These people were having some fun. The tea partiers are serious. Which scares the shit out of you?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #132
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Just some pictures would be fine. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
He's also like the first person to ever respond to me in here - aside from some dude that called me stupid last month because I don't know the difference between a "store" and a "shop" or some shit.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

I don't see any hypocrisy about Hitler references, don't see anyone here defending them and I can't imagine they would. A Hitler sign that is literal rather than mocking and humorous (and thus making a point about the ridiculousness of a Hitler sign) is different though, and I see nothing wrong with pointing that out. Don't think either is necessary or preferable but there is a difference

I like turtles
Old 11-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

The 23 Most Offensive Signs at Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear | Mediaite
Old 11-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #135
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:03 AM
But where are the ones 2861 was talking about, I want to see those...