Rally to Restore Sanity - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #136
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:33 AM
There's one in the slideshow that has Hitler moustaches on some right-wing politicians and news people (I couldn't see very well who was all on the sign).

Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #137
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:33 AM
Yeah, but I think those are all people who have publicly used or endorsed the use of the Hitler comparison with Obama...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:33 AM
A stor, yeah, I remember you mentioning that. It is interesting, the difference in reaction to such a horrific event depending on who you are. But it's no surprise she'd be terrified, I certainly would be, too. I'm really glad nothing wound up coming of the threat-any word on whether or not the idiot responsible is getting punished for his stupidity?

I like the respect between you and your neighbors with religion. Maybe you guys should teach a class to people, show them how it's supposed to be done . It sure would be nice if we could see more of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
What do you say about people at the rally showing conservatives as Hitler? Is that sane? Is that being informed? Or is it just them being funny and not really meaning it? What about the video, which I'd be glad to share, of multiple people there thinking "Keynesian" meant "being from Kenya?" Is that the level of reason and intelligence to which we should strive?
Sounds to me like they were pointing out how absurd and offensive those kinds of ignorant mindsets are-i.e., "Put yourself in the other person's shoes for a moment" with the Hitler thing, or "This is how silly some of the anti-Obama scare tactics have/could have gotten" in regards to the Keynesian thing. I can't imagine people attending such a rally as this one would truly be so stupid as to confuse the two words like that or legitimately compare the other side to Hitler.

Angela
Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
There's one in the slideshow that has Hitler moustaches on some right-wing politicians and news people (I couldn't see very well who was all on the sign).
It also looks like one on Bill Clinton. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it looked like to me. Or maybe that's a different web page I was looking at, at this point I've seen so many and it's all becoming a blur. But I did see one that looked like him.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #140
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
A stor, yeah, I remember you mentioning that. It is interesting, the difference in reaction to such a horrific event depending on who you are. But it's no surprise she'd be terrified, I certainly would be, too. I'm really glad nothing wound up coming of the threat-any word on whether or not the idiot responsible is getting punished for his stupidity?

I like the respect between you and your neighbors with religion. Maybe you guys should teach a class to people, show them how it's supposed to be done . It sure would be nice if we could see more of that.

Sounds to me like they were pointing out how absurd and offensive those kinds of ignorant mindsets are-i.e., "Put yourself in the other person's shoes for a moment" with the Hitler thing, or "This is how silly some of the anti-Obama scare tactics have/could have gotten" in regards to the Keynesian thing. I can't imagine people attending such a rally as this one would truly be so stupid as to confuse the two words like that or legitimately compare the other side to Hitler.

Angela
Thank you Angela. Maybe, she and I should teach a class on how to treat others with respect and kindness. My husband and I are Cathoic. Our son and daugter in law are Muslim. We have wonderful conversations as to how simular the two faiths are. We respect all. Everyone has to follow and be what is right for them. "To thine own heart be true."

I don't know if the nut job who terrorised my working/middle class neighborhood has been caught as of yet and when he is. I hope they throw away the key. It isn't funny to frighten 1200 families. That is how many townhomes are in my community. I had never seen anything like it. Streets were blocked off to ensure that no one got hurt. It's really sad to hear little kids say "mommy, there is a bomb." Parents weren't even allowed near the school. The police evacuated the children to safer place, several streets away. Where their parents could take them home.

I like my neighborhood. It is multi-ethnic, multi-religious and etc. I think we are a good example of what Americans are really like. We work hard, try to raise our children right and for the most part. We get along very well with each other. Of course, there have been a few arguments between some neighbors because of "your kid did this to mine." But never guns or physical violence, just a disagreement.