Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B3Q_WIDCEAA1z3M.png

I'm not 100 percent in either camp. I wasn't on the jury so I feel my opinion will be mostly uninformed.

I hope the Ferguson community rebuilds and strengthens itself. There's a lot of things to be looked at in retrospect. The media specifically and how it handles and intensifies race relations. Sad and scary the power it has. Things get blown entirely out of proportion.

I hope their law enforcement is under intense scrutiny now. Most importantly vest badges should be implemented.

Most reasonable reaction in the last couple of pages. I hope to God that some of the people that post here are never actually on a jury. Having been a juror a couple of times, it really changed my perspective on how I view these high profile cases that make the news. I try not to make judgement because I wasn't at the scene of the incident and I wasn't in the courthouse hearing the evidence. From day one, the OP and others tried and convicted the officer with little to no evidence other than the initial second hand reports and so called "witness accounts." Mob mentality at it's finest.

Maybe that statement was objected to. Hard to tell. Want there for any of it so I'm reserving my opinion. I am disappointed with the destruction of small businesses and the people looting with apparent glee.

Soundcloud.com/re2374

I'm not 100 percent in either camp. I wasn't on the jury so I feel my opinion will be mostly uninformed.

I hope the Ferguson community rebuilds and strengthens itself. There's a lot of things to be looked at in retrospect. The media specifically and how it handles and intensifies race relations. Sad and scary the power it has. Things get blown entirely out of proportion.

I hope their law enforcement is under intense scrutiny now. Most importantly vest badges should be implemented.

*vest cameras should be implemented.

I'm actually making an effort to read all of this material, so that should be an interesting diversion from all of the other depressing shit going on.

I'm actually making an effort to read all of this material, so that should be an interesting diversion from all of the other depressing shit going on.

Depressing to not have the time to read most of it.

Soundcloud.com/re2374

I'm at work, so I really don't have much time to read it either, but I did come across this, which is kind of a hilarious exchange and illustrates my point about the individual that Peef shows some testimony from earlier:

2h6soqo.png

B3QxUQmIUAAD3wa.jpg:large

But yeah, sure, be "reasonable" about it. Defend that piece of shit.

Note how he refers to Brown as 'it,' and a 'demon.' And the pig even acknowledges that Brown had his hands up.

And yet there is an endless amount of people who support this guy.

*facts come out*

"Just wait for the facts to come out, you're declaring him guilty before you know enough."

*more facts come out, further clarifying what we already knew*

"Wait for more facts, other facts, different facts."

Well, that last thing happened to cover their asses, the first thing happened because the case was on-going and they didn't want to hold it up longer than necessary.

IMO: THAT article you can put absolutely no credence into. I spent hours looking into it the other day.

This article seems to have it about right: Is The “Google Earth” Mike Brown Assassination Conspiracy Theory Right? | Thought Catalog And the guy who came up with the original theory of the distance is active in the comments, but never addresses the main issue:

Let me quote that out:
Then he saw Brown running away from a police car. Wilson trailed about 10 to 15 feet behind, gun in hand. About 90 feet away from the car, the worker said, Wilson fired another shot at Brown, whose back was turned.
The worker isn’t saying that Wilson shot Brown from the SUV, he says Wilson shot Brown from about 10 to 15 feet, very close. King uses this statement, as I said, that Wilson took a long range shot at Brown and killed him from distance. This is what happens when you don’t read closely. In his excitement at seemingly having discovered something, I’d warrant King rushed through the text here.
Wilson wasn’t at the SUV, he was pursuing Mike Brown. It’s right there. All the above triangulation, all the photos, they don’t matter if Darren Wilson isn’t standing at the SUV.

And none of this is to say that I don't think Wilson was in the wrong, I still do. I just don't like to see things posted on the Internet and take them at face value, is all.

That Cleveland case is a nobrainer to me. The kid does reach for his waistband, but I don't think there's anyway the cop could have possibly seen that, considering he jumps out of the car and shoots.

Most of these cases, (Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant) all involve the victim being needlessly confrontational. Granted, all three men that killed them should have at least faced manslaughter charges, but most of the time the victim actually did fight back. Trayvon confronted the security guard because he was following him...Oscar Grant kept arguing and yelling and made the situation more heated...Michael Brown assaulted a cop inside of his car. And if you believe otherwise you're crazy...no way did Mr. Wilson manage to pull a three hundred pound man into his vehicle while sitting in his seat...nor was Brown the type not prone to such encounters given we see him commit a strongarm robbery and physically intimidate someone mere minutes before he's murdered out in the street.

Ultimately, I don't even get why this becomes a political issue. We don't know all the facts about what Michael Brown did and the grand jury could have pressed charges if they wanted to on Mr. Wilson. They chose not too and the law needs to be followed in that regard.

I also found it highly disturbing if you look at the protest of Ferguson on the night of the announcement that literally all of the main protesters cutting off traffic are white and that there was hardly anybody protesting in front of the police station after the announcement...literally the rest of the black community was burning their city to the ground or hilariously looting a dollar store for cupcakes as seen on one video featuring a lot of teenage hoodlums.

You know, there are a ton of things in your comment that I find troubling and inaccurate, but this:

literally the rest of the black community was burning their city to the ground

I'm sorry, but NO. Literally a very small minority of the black community was looting. Turning a small minority into "literally the rest of the black community was burning their city to the ground" is extremely disingenuous at best and, frankly, a bit disturbing.

I'm wary of posting this in the same thread, but the killer of Eric Garner was also not indicted by the Grand Jury, despite having killed him with a chokehold caught on camera. He was, of course, a police officer.

On the other hand, he released a statement literally saying "I feel very bad" so I guess everything's cool.

EDIT: And there's also this separate case:

Cleveland officer who shot Tamir Rice had 'dismal' handgun performance for Independence police | cleveland.com

I feel like I would be outraged and in disbelief but the result is so predictable and unsurprising.

You know, there are a ton of things in your comment that I find troubling and inaccurate, but this:

I'm sorry, but NO. Literally a very small minority of the black community was looting. Turning a small minority into "literally the rest of the black community was burning their city to the ground" is extremely disingenuous at best and, frankly, a bit disturbing.

Fair point and really just bad word usage on my part. In no way do I believe that most of the protesters were looters. But there were hundreds of looters given the footage we've seen and the amount of arrests in a few locations.

Regardless, looting does not equal protesting and the actions of such people should never be lumped in with the rest of the crowd. There are many questions that this incident brings up regarding racial profiling, trigger happy police, etc and if people want to be out there marching, that's their right.

But they also shouldn't be going ape shit over a grand jury's personal decision. It has nothing to do with the bigger picture. Nor should any protesters being throwing barricades at policeman in San Francisco or shooting cops over in Missouri - none of whom killed Michael Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYuAny9lb4A#t=23

And you wouldn't be terrified of this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV6Xu8LpWqU

Back
Top Bottom