Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone else find the robbery story suspicious?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You don't think that is Michael Brown in the photos? From what I've read online - they've pretty much confirmed it is him in the surveillance photos.

It looks like him. Looks like the same clothes and socks in both the store and later photo of him in the street, as well.

That does absolutely nothing to change the fact that there is absolutely NO justification to continue shooting at an unarmed suspect who is running away and, after being hit by a bullet, puts his hands in the air and turns around to surrender. As soon as that happens, and really as soon as the suspect is running away, any excuse for lethal force goes right out the window, even IF Michael Brown robbed that store, initiated the physical confrontation, caused minor injuries to the officer and reached for the officer's gun. And I find the story that an unarmed teen would initiate a physical confrontation with a cop and attempt to reach through the car window and somehow get the cop's gun to be highly suspicious.

There is simply no excuse to continue firing on kill a suspect who has ceased posing a threat to you.

Last edited:
Why wait days after the incident to release this though? Surely you would have done anything to quell the community's anger?

To me it seems like they were not even looking for him with connection to the robbery and they are just releasing this now as an excuse to cover what happened. Again if that is Michael Brown in the footage.

My brother seems to think nine shots isn't something that needs to be pointed out ... but only because he thinks depending on the gun, it could be 9 shots in 2-3 seconds.

Which is fucking horrifying.

So now the chief of police says the robbery had absolutely nothing to do with the stop. So releasing it was just a smear?

What a fucking cluster...

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says : News

"Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

But Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer, Darren Wilson, saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized he might be the robber."

I think it would be prudent for them to release the hospital photos of Officer Darren Wilson very soon. Or any talk with the dispatcher.

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says : News

I think it would be prudent for them to release the hospital photos of Officer Darren Wilson very soon. Or any talk with the dispatcher.

Yes, but no one trusts them now due to the way they've released info up to this point. So they're going to have to release these pics, along with the shooting incident report and autopsy.

I do. As if the police there are trustworthy at all to even the people who are not anti-police.

Also:

tumblr_nad7ydphcH1sgdch8o1_500.png

I think its obvious by now that Michael Brown was not a very nice person. It's not too difficult at this point to see that that when he encountered police...10 minutes later!...he was probably in the same "mood" as he was in the convenience store. He's obviously a mean, intimidating bully. I cannot believe you are you still defending this guy!

It's amazing that you who are defending Michael Brown say so little about the shop owner Michael stole from and bullied in the video.

Although all the facts have not yet come in - and they will - at this point, we are probably going to find out in the next few days that Michael punched the officer in the face and tried to take his weapon. That act alone will get you shot by ANY officer - your race, nor the race of the officer, will matter once something like that that happens.

This is yet another instance of the press trying to make something a race issue - and only for the ratings (i.e. money). I do not doubt that there are racial tensions in this area - and they need to be addressed, but I think the media is more pleased stoking the flames than actually helping contain the fire.

I think its obvious by now that Michael Brown was not a very nice person. It's not too difficult at this point to see that that when he encountered police...10 minutes later!...he was probably in the same "mood" as he was in the convenience store. He's obviously a mean, intimidating bully. I cannot believe you are you still defending this guy!

It's amazing that you who are defending Michael Brown say so little about the shop owner Michael stole from and bullied in the video.

If this isn't some poor attempt at satire... Wow.

Although all the facts have not yet come in - and they will - at this point, we are probably going to find out in the next few days that Michael punched the officer in the face and tried to take his weapon. That act alone will get you shot by ANY officer - your race, nor the race of the officer, will matter once something like that that happens.

Fatally shot though? And what about when he was reportedly running away, showing the international, centuries-old sign for surrender?

If this isn't some poor attempt at satire... Wow.

Fatally shot though? And what about when he was reportedly running away, showing the international, centuries-old sign for surrender?

You're right - Michael Brown was an innocent Angel.

If you live your life so blind, you cannot even pretend to EVER be a part of an actual solution to the problems that led to his death. You are a Kool Aid drinker.

I can't understand how any halfway decent human being could readily believe anything the Ferguson PD are saying about Michael Brown. Bloody hell.

If you live your life so blind, you cannot even pretend to EVER be a part of an actual solution to the problems that led to his death. You are a Kool Aid drinker.

You're usually much more balanced than this, AEON.

I happen to believe that shooting an unarmed teenager is probably a little bit worse than petty shoplifting.

From what I've read, he wasn't an angel - but from what I've gathered in my 24 years of living being "not a nice person" is one of the most abhorrent defences for killing someone I've ever seen.

:down:

Dude you are still just part of the problem.

The naivete that some Western white folk have about the cops being the good guys is just daft and beyond silly.

So you have extrapolated from that one incident (if it is Michael Brown in that store) to the rest of this guys life that he is a complete and utter thug?

My dad has thrown a petrol bomb, i've been in a stolen car...What the hell does that make me?

Dude you are still just part of the problem.

The naivete that some Western white folk have about the cops being the good guys is just daft and beyond silly.

Thank you.

It's a problematic thing over here too, in my experience and around the place, if you choose to criticise the police for even some of their actions you're almost immediately thrust with the "oh you must have a criminal record" non-argument. For a lot of people the actions of the police are not to be met with any sort of criticism.

I've grown up in a community with an implicit distrust of any security force. In general whitefolk have not had to deal with this sort of injustice because it has never been aimed at them. They are probably not ever going to get it.

Thugs, including unarmed ones, don't deserve to be shot to death.

Like in the TM case, MB would be alive today if he were any race other than black.

Sent from

My dad has thrown a petrol bomb, i've been in a stolen car...What the hell does that make me?

Are you a black teenager wearing a hoodie and eating Skittles?

Because no matter what you've done, you aren't likely to get shot by police or macho idiot Rambo-wannabes armed to the teeth if you aren't an unarmed black teenager.

You'll get the benefit of the doubt by virtue of your non-black skin color.

Sent from

When I was Michael Brown's age, I stole from convenience stores and other places all the time. Was I labelled a thug? No. Why is that?

Did that behaviour deserve to be met with fatal violence. Not for me, not for Brown, not for anybody.

For the record, I was able to move beyond that behaviour and become a better person, something that Michael Brown will never have a chance to.

Wow...

For the record, I was able to move beyond that behaviour and become a better person, something that Michael Brown will never have a chance to.

Not fair to jump so quickly to the conclusion that Brown actually stole anything.

This is yet another instance of the press trying to make something a race issue - and only for the ratings (i.e. money). I do not doubt that there are racial tensions in this area - and they need to be addressed, but I think the media is more pleased stoking the flames than actually helping contain the fire.

This whole story of reaching for the weapon doesn't make sense to me. The autopsy will give us some more insight. But unless the gun goes off during the struggle of reaching for the gun, it's not a justifiable shooting. Once the officer has control of the gun there is no risk of life. So this case will come down to the trajectory of the bullet.

It is like what do you expect young people to be in these marginalised communities? It doesn't create saints, but it also doesn't create monsters who need to be gunned down.

Why is it that every so often in this forum the charge comes around that racism is a media/liberal conspiracy meant to oppress decent, hard-working white people?

The police have done everything in the world to not earn your trust. Stop trusting them. They don't have dash cams (they do, but they never installed them) so they can pretty much make up whatever they want to. I'll believe the eyewitnesses, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom