Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #886
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
It is quite fucked looking at coverage of police brutality against blacks and the protests vs the coverage of this shooting. Just goes to show how ingrained this mindset is.
It's incredible, really. Nobody asks "where are the fathers", "why are they shooting their own neighborhood", nobody calls them "thugs".

But it's not really just the media coverage. It's the difference in the police reaction. The members of the biker gangs were allowed to sit on the curb and use their cell phones while waiting to be processed by the police. No rough ride, militarized response or anything of the sort (as it should be).

Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #887
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
It's incredible, really. Nobody asks "where are the fathers", "why are they shooting their own neighborhood", nobody calls them "thugs".

But it's not really just the media coverage. It's the difference in the police reaction. The members of the biker gangs were allowed to sit on the curb and use their cell phones while waiting to be processed by the police. No rough ride, militarized response or anything of the sort (as it should be).

So while you're right on the media and political response to the situation and their choice of words, you're not 100% accurate on the police response.

The police response was heavy, quick and very much "militarized."

Old 05-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #888
Blue Crack Supplier

by all accounts, it seems the Waco police did a very good job keeping this contained. it's astonishing that no one other than gang members were injured, let alone killed.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #889
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Riding through this world, all alone God takes your soul; you’re on your own The crow flies straight, a perfect line On the devil’s back until you die -

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 06-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #890
45:33

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Here's a white cop forcibly manhandling an unarmed black teenage girl and then pulling a gun on two unarmed black teenage boys. Completely reasonable response!

Old 06-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #891
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 PM
There's also footage of two adult white women attacking the same black teenagers. This sort of footage is very important and I hope people don't stop filming.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #892
Blue Crack Addict

When that cop is unemployed, he can spend his days watching the video of himself wiping out while running over and over...its gold.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #893
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
There's also footage of two adult white women attacking the same black teenagers. This sort of footage is very important and I hope people don't stop filming.
The footage was taken by a white kid who said the cops ignored him the entire time to focus on the minorities.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #894
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Good.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/09/us...cott.html?_r=1

"Former South Carolina Officer Indicted in Death of Walter Scott"
Old 06-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #895

Eric Casebolt, Pool Party Cop, Was Sued for Racial Bias | Heavy.com
Old 06-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #896
Blue Crack Supplier

i've done some reading on this, and read explicitly conservative sites so that i can try and get a full picture, biased and all, and watched the video a few times.

it does seem like the cops should have been there. it sounds like there was a party promoted on social media and held in a public space that spun out of control when attendees jumped the fence of a private, neighborhood pool. i would have called the cops too.

if you watch the beginning of the video, this particular cop seems to have the situation under control. he orders a bunch of teens (all black) to sit on the ground, and they all do as they are told. and then, for reasons i still can't understand, he gets really rough with that girl in the bikini. and that's when things escalate, and understandably so. it's clear the officer was likely scared and "hot," as they say, and i can almost understand why he would draw a gun if he was feeling threatened by people coming to the girl's aid -- it's a tense situation, he doesn't know who these people are, and he's outnumbered. that's actually the least bad thing i can see.

i'm stunned as to why he did what he did to this girl -- it's like he snapped and took it out on her, causing a situation to boil over when it seemed like it was under control and the crowed was dispersing. he is so rough with her for no discernable reason.

other than the obvious one.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #897
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 AM
the whole thing is one bad can of worms

with a lot of people this will only be an 'either / or " situation

even as I write this I know it can be construed as giving cover of a 'racist' cop

there are so many moving parts here, and that video looks bad. I am happy no one got beat, clubbed, tasered or shot. I am leery of believing whatever I read online. Sadly there is sometimes total bullshit circulating.

A private association pool being over ran by outsiders is a violation of the association rules. But next we will have to find out if any of the other residents invited 30 people over for a graduation, anniversary party and no one cared.

Now with a few seconds of video and social media everyone is able to rush to judgement and make a call to support what 'they know' really happened.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #898
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:56 AM
I'm not really sure any of that even matters. The means to which he took down the girl was excessive. The other cops were able to maintain without getting personal. And why in the hell was the one plain clothed man allowed to just keep wandering around the scene basically shadowing the cop? All non cops should be told to clear the scene or keep a safe distance. The whole thing was unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 06-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #899
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And why in the hell was the one plain clothed man allowed to just keep wandering around the scene basically shadowing the cop? All non cops should be told to clear the scene or keep a safe distance. The whole thing was unprofessional.
Because he is white.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #900

Rachel Dolezal, Spokane NAACP leader, falsely portrays herself as black, family says - Washington Times