Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #646
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
What? I cant say "liberal" now either?

You know what, fuck you and the rest of you snobby, uptight, LIBTARD cunts.

Piss on this fucking forum.


You never disappoint.

__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

This is why I don't like to associate myself with any side of the political spectrum.....some people can totally embarrass and misrepresent a group with certain political ideologies. I think this can actually go for nearly any major group in this country.
I gave up on being a "conservative" or "republican" whenever they decided that the tea party is the only way to go and when they decided to stoop as low as their main opponent, whom they had justifiably criticized. But now they do almost the same thing, especially amongst their leadership, which makes them no different.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #648
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,415
Local Time: 03:53 PM
I say I support the police, people call me a conservative fuck tard. I turn around and say I'm strongly pro gun control, and I'm a liberal pussy.

This country sucks.

Disclaimer: don't support the Ferguson police, who are clearly fuck tards.

Or bigjohn. Cause, ya know, fuck tard.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #649
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,718
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
What? I cant say "liberal" now either?

You know what, fuck you and the rest of you snobby, uptight, LIBTARD cunts.

Piss on this fucking forum.
Christ, what an asshole.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #650
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,151
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Ugh. Yeah. As I have grown older I've taken a more centrist position in politics.
__________________
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #651
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,415
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Ugh. Yeah. As I have grown older I've taken a more centrist position in politics.
it's utterly ridiculous how certain issues just divide themselves on party lines, as if one's opinion on fiscal policy has anything to do with basic human rights.

i mean for fucks sake, it wasn't that long ago that the republicans were the party that was progressive on civil rights and the democrats were ass backwards.

we're just fucked, really.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #652
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Our politicians and government will do anything that can distract us from the real problems.
I think social issues are really causing nothing to get done. We're so much further apart than we were 20-30 years ago; and this causes a bitter rivalry for control of power on both sides. So consequently, nothing at all will get done. Sadly, I don't see this trend changing in the future.
Tea Party conservatives aren't willing to move towards the center and most liberals aren't willing to either. They'll keep battling it out on gay marriage and racism to no end and attract the kinda people who agree with them. Those are not political issues! How to fix 18 trillion in debt is a little bit more of a problem....or I don't know maybe try keeping us informed on the whereabouts of Russia and China......or Isis maybe......or someone actually proposing a legit immigration reform. Because every immigration reform that has been proposed was for show only or was just absolutely horrific. But no, we just gotta keep fighting the zealous battle for supposed equality or traditionalism or some BS like that.
Yeah, so we're basically f**king screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #653
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #654
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,675
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Our politicians and government will do anything that can distract us from the real problems.
I think social issues are really causing nothing to get done. We're so much further apart than we were 20-30 years ago; and this causes a bitter rivalry for control of power on both sides. So consequently, nothing at all will get done. Sadly, I don't see this trend changing in the future.
Tea Party conservatives aren't willing to move towards the center and most liberals aren't willing to either. They'll keep battling it out on gay marriage and racism to no end and attract the kinda people who agree with them. Those are not political issues! How to fix 18 trillion in debt is a little bit more of a problem....or I don't know maybe try keeping us informed on the whereabouts of Russia and China......or Isis maybe......or someone actually proposing a legit immigration reform. Because every immigration reform that has been proposed was for show only or was just absolutely horrific. But no, we just gotta keep fighting the zealous battle for supposed equality or traditionalism or some BS like that.
Yeah, so we're basically f**king screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well this idea that equality should be ignored because debt is more important IS part of the problem. But yes unwillingness to compromise is part of the problem as well.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #655
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well this idea that equality should be ignored because debt is more important IS part of the problem. But yes unwillingness to compromise is part of the problem as well.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's supposed equality and very much opinionated. Shouldn't be an issue because it's not a big deal. Let each state make their own ruling on gay marriage because it wouldn't be as much of a problem. Don't force it in Texas, allow it in California, etc. Would make it much less of an issue.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #656
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
It's supposed equality and very much opinionated. Shouldn't be an issue because it's not a big deal. Let each state make their own ruling on gay marriage because it wouldn't be as much of a problem. Don't force it in Texas, allow it in California, etc. Would make it much less of an issue.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think gay people in Texas might not like the idea that they should have to wait longer to get equal treatment under the law.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #657
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

A majority of people in Texas don't support it. Majority should rule; as it always has. Not everyone is going to be happy about every decision. That's why, like I said, California can legalize it. The majority of their population will support it.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #658
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,408
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
A majority of people in Texas don't support it. Majority should rule; as it always has. Not everyone is going to be happy about every decision. That's why, like I said, California can legalize it. The majority of their population will support it.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

By that logic though it's entirely likely that at least one state would still have racial segregation. Would you say that the black folks living there should just live with it?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #659
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
A majority of people in Texas don't support it. Majority should rule; as it always has. Not everyone is going to be happy about every decision. That's why, like I said, California can legalize it. The majority of their population will support it.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Majority rule doesn't trump equality for all citizens. What if one state wanted to legalize segregation? Or one state wanted to discriminate against Jewish people? Would you still say that "not everyone is going to be happy about every decision?"


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #660
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Anyone that argues that states should decide for themselves is making the state's rights argument. That worked for segregation, Jim Crow laws, and slavery, until it didn't.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com