Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #571
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,593
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

[edited by mods to removed image. You need to learn to engage without constantly sinking to petty insults, bigjohn.]
__________________

__________________
bigjohn2441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 11:36 AM
I bet you feel so proud of yourself. So clever, and original.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #573
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:36 AM
very classy, bigjohn.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #574
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
[image removed by mods]
I thought you were told not to use "libtard" again?
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #575
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Yeah, he was.

Guess he doesn't care.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #576
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,593
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Actually I didnt actually type it and it said "libtarded" not "libtard". Two different things.

Calling someone a libtard is an insult and therefore against the rules. Labeling a comic libtarded implied the concept is both liberal and retarded. Not necessarily retarded because it is liberal, but more so because of the concept of the comic itself. Last time i checked insulting concepts isn't against the rules, unless of course it goes against the politics of the forum, right?

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informal
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

Understand now?

If i start using conservatard instead would that make you happy? Or elicit laugh smilies?
__________________
bigjohn2441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #577
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quit digging yourself a bigger hole. I've talked to you several times in the past about your libtard/libtarded nonsense. You know better.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #578
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
Actually I didnt actually type it and it said "libtarded" not "libtard". Two different things.

Calling someone a libtard is an insult and therefore against the rules. Labeling a comic libtarded implied the concept is both liberal and retarded. Not necessarily retarded because it is liberal, but more so because of the concept of the comic itself. Last time i checked insulting concepts isn't against the rules, unless of course it goes against the politics of the forum, right?

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informal
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

Understand now?

If i start using conservatard instead would that make you happy? Or elicit laugh smilies?

God, just shut up please. A. The term "retarded" is very offensive and not okay to use and B. Comparing a political philosophy to a mental illness often means you can't debate very well and instead have to resort to petty insults. And yes, calling something "libtarded" is a personal insult because you're implying that anyone who's liberal is mentally ill. Please leave this forum if you're just going to insult people.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,913
Local Time: 10:36 AM
I sure hope Leo doesn't read this thread. We don't need that young boy saying words like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #580
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,593
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
God, just shut up please. A. The term "retarded" is very offensive and not okay to use and B. Comparing a political philosophy to a mental illness often means you can't debate very well and instead have to resort to petty insults. And yes, calling something "libtarded" is a personal insult because you're implying that anyone who's liberal is mentally ill. Please leave this forum if you're just going to insult people.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Wrong.

Read the definition. I was using it in the foolish/stupid context, not as being mentally ill.

And again, i was "insulting" the comic, not any person.
__________________
bigjohn2441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #581
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Come on y'all. This is a fucking family friendly forum.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #582
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
Wrong.



Read the definition. I was using it in the foolish/stupid context, not as being mentally ill.



And again, i was "insulting" the comic, not any person.

It's not a word that can be used in any context. It's offensive and outdated. So don't use it. And by insulting the comic and saying the idea is equivalent to mental illness, you're insulting the people who believe it. I'm fine with calling people or ideas stupid or idiotic, but "retarded" is not a word that should be used.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #583
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,913
Local Time: 10:36 AM
I think the word retard is completely gay, but not in the homosexual way so please don't get offended folks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #584
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 08:36 AM
http://m.news.stlpublicradio.org/?ut...F#mobile/41629

Marchers protesting against the Ferguson decision were met with some pretty ugly racism in Rosebud, Missouri.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #585
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 10:36 AM
No, it can't be. Racism is just hyperbole, unless it's black on white racism, then it's real.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com