Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[edited by mods to removed image. You need to learn to engage without constantly sinking to petty insults, bigjohn.]

Actually I didnt actually type it and it said "libtarded" not "libtard". Two different things.

Calling someone a libtard is an insult and therefore against the rules. Labeling a comic libtarded implied the concept is both liberal and retarded. Not necessarily retarded because it is liberal, but more so because of the concept of the comic itself. Last time i checked insulting concepts isn't against the rules, unless of course it goes against the politics of the forum, right?

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informal
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

Understand now?

If i start using conservatard instead would that make you happy? Or elicit laugh smilies?

Quit digging yourself a bigger hole. I've talked to you several times in the past about your libtard/libtarded nonsense. You know better.

Actually I didnt actually type it and it said "libtarded" not "libtard". Two different things.

Calling someone a libtard is an insult and therefore against the rules. Labeling a comic libtarded implied the concept is both liberal and retarded. Not necessarily retarded because it is liberal, but more so because of the concept of the comic itself. Last time i checked insulting concepts isn't against the rules, unless of course it goes against the politics of the forum, right?

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informal
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

Understand now?

If i start using conservatard instead would that make you happy? Or elicit laugh smilies?

God, just shut up please. A. The term "retarded" is very offensive and not okay to use and B. Comparing a political philosophy to a mental illness often means you can't debate very well and instead have to resort to petty insults. And yes, calling something "libtarded" is a personal insult because you're implying that anyone who's liberal is mentally ill. Please leave this forum if you're just going to insult people.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I sure hope Leo doesn't read this thread. We don't need that young boy saying words like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

God, just shut up please. A. The term "retarded" is very offensive and not okay to use and B. Comparing a political philosophy to a mental illness often means you can't debate very well and instead have to resort to petty insults. And yes, calling something "libtarded" is a personal insult because you're implying that anyone who's liberal is mentally ill. Please leave this forum if you're just going to insult people.

Wrong.

Read the definition. I was using it in the foolish/stupid context, not as being mentally ill.

And again, i was "insulting" the comic, not any person.

Come on y'all. This is a fucking family friendly forum.

Wrong.

Read the definition. I was using it in the foolish/stupid context, not as being mentally ill.

And again, i was "insulting" the comic, not any person.

It's not a word that can be used in any context. It's offensive and outdated. So don't use it. And by insulting the comic and saying the idea is equivalent to mental illness, you're insulting the people who believe it. I'm fine with calling people or ideas stupid or idiotic, but "retarded" is not a word that should be used.

I think the word retard is completely gay, but not in the homosexual way so please don't get offended folks.

I think the word retard is completely gay, but not in the homosexual way so please don't get offended folks.

Kind of like the time i went to DICK'S Sporting gOOds and asked the sales rep if i could try on their latest design of athletic supporters :sexywink:

As opposed to what? Flipping burgers or being a walmart greeter?

How many other jobs is there an increased chance of being beaten up, shot, or stabbed while on duty, as well as regularly coming in contact with potentially violent criminals?

I'm not saying its the #1 most dangerous job, but anyone who thinks police work isn't dangerous is delusional (and probably also has ZERO law enforcement experience)

As opposed to what? Flipping burgers or being a walmart greeter?

How many other jobs is there an increased chance of being beaten up, shot, or stabbed while on duty, as well as regularly coming in contact with potentially violent criminals?

I'm not saying its the #1 most dangerous job, but anyone who thinks police work isn't dangerous is delusional (and probably also has ZERO law enforcement experience)

:up:

The murders today don't change the fact that policing isn't an especially dangerous job.

So I originally posted a fairly strong and direct personal attack, telling you what you can do with your comment. But I deleted it out of respect for the MODs.

However feel free to PM or email me and I'll be happy to tell it to you directly. I'll re-up my premium membership simply to accomplish this if needs be.

The murders today don't change the fact that policing isn't an especially dangerous job.

I'm really at loss for words of how to respond to the stupidity in this comment without getting banned.

No one is denying that what happened today is tragic. A kid lost his father today, that's a tragedy. Violence is never justified, especially not the senseless kind of violence that happened today. Statistically, policing is a dangerous job, but not as dangerous as most people think. The sort of mentality that leads people to believe that police are serving in a war zone is what leads to the type of over zealous policing that gets a lot of black people killed. What it seemed like bigjohn was doing was trying to justify the actions of the police in cases such as Eric Garner and Mike Brown, by using this recent shooting as an example of why we need over zealous policing. We already see right wing provocateurs trying to blame the shooting on the protestors that are fighting against police brutality. That's what I have a problem with.

As far as fatalities go, policing (in 2012) barely made the top 15 of most dangerous jobs. So in comparison to the other jobs with higher rates, it's not relatively dangerous. I don't think you deserved the ire from the two posters above you.

Are you fucking serious, or being "tongue in cheek".

As far as fatalities go, policing (in 2012) barely made the top 15 of most dangerous jobs. So in comparison to the other jobs with higher rates, it's not relatively dangerous. I don't think you deserved the ire from the two posters above you.

So your just going by "fatalities."?

You're not going to count the percentage of suicides, divorce rate, mentally burned out in 5-10 years because your dealing with scum of a population every single day. Or the fact that the very next traffic stop maybe the last moments you have on earth.... so...yeah policing is an extremely easy job.

Every 5 or 6 months I end up in this cesspool end of the forum.... see ya in another 6 months

You're not going to count the percentage of suicides, divorce rate, mentally burned out in 5-10 years because your dealing with scum of a population every single day. Or the fact that the very next traffic stop maybe the last moments you have on earth.... so...yeah policing is an extremely easy job.

A "scum of a population," that's real fuckin' classy, mate.

Every 5 or 6 months I end up in this cesspool end of the forum.... see ya in another 6 months

See you in 6 months. :wave:

St. Louis Public Radio

Marchers protesting against the Ferguson decision were met with some pretty ugly racism in Rosebud, Missouri.

You know one last thing about this post. I would have loved to have a day off to protest something but unfortunately I had to go to work.... these protesters who I'll go out on a limb and say most AREN'T gainfully employed needs to ne taken care from shmucks like me.... so I feel real bad as to how they were treated.

Back
Top Bottom