Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there's a high likelihood that Wilson will walk away with little to no meaningful charges, even if the evidence is strong enough to put a regular citizen away for life.

But you are assuming that Brown is the victim. The Officer may have been the victim. How sad you assume this. Just like he robbed a stored 10 minuted before.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that there isn't still plenty of talk going around publicly that helps perpetuate negative racial stereotypes. And while it stops short of racial hatred, when you hear right wing politicians talk about welfare queens, they're certainly not talking about the poor white population who tends to vote Republican.

You sir are a racist and it is a shame you are a moderator. You bring your personal beliefs into a discussion. Admit that you are a liberal and love black people. You are against whites. You are a racist.

The Ferguson protests are currently home to what may be the most severe case of mass civil rights violations domestically in my lifetime. Since the police murdered Mike Brown in cold blood several days ago, all but one instance of protest has been peaceful. Yet the police have taken it upon themselves to aim deadly weapons at crowds, fire rubber bullets, flash bangs and tear gas into crowds, and to violate the rights of citizens to film police by arresting those, journalist and non-journalist alike, who refuse to shut their cameras off.

The police chief just used, verbatim, the phrase "outside agitators" when placing blame for the escalating situation. This is the EXACT WORDS Bull Connor used in Birmingham in June of 1963. Racism is alive in America and there is no better example than in this St. Louis suburb.

Citizens:

Bu-P6qYCYAAXnP8.jpg:large

Reporters:

Bu-N9uIIIAEImna.jpg

How on earth do you know mike brown was murdered? Maybe the officer was the victim and shot him in self defense. Way to prejudge. Now it turns out brown has a second degree murder charge in his background.

Way to stick up for a piece of crap and take his side.

Wheres your outrage at a black cop killing an unarmed white kid? How come nobody posted about it? Cause it doesn't fit into your leftist belief. The poor black man killed by whitie. Who cares about a white kid killed by a black guy. You are all racist to pro ote your political beliefs. Sad

Dammit...I don't want to go to bed, because when I wake up in the morning, I know this magical moment will be over.

But you've only known me for about a half hour. What are my reasons?

Why? You are on the side of someone charged with 2nd degree murder. He is a piece of shit who just robbed and beat up a cop. It's about good vs evil and you choose evil.

You sir are a racist and it is a shame you are a moderator. You bring your personal beliefs into a discussion. Admit that you are a liberal and love black people. You are against whites. You are a racist.

There are so many things wrong with your recent diarrhea of posts. You are blaming others of assuming innocence due to bias, but you're doing the exact same thing.

But the biggest WTF moment is this; "you are a liberal and love black people". What?! And he's the racist? Do I assume from this asinine comment that conservatives hate black people?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We've had a couple of angry alters recently. Frustration over no album? Moon alignment? A big sale on liquor?

But the biggest WTF moment is this; "you are a liberal and love black people". What?! And he's the racist?

This attitude seems to come up a lot, i.e. that Liberals have a conspiracy to elevate black and brown people into a hegemony over whites. I really wonder where this attitude comes from.

It's the same thing as misogynists who think males who support feminism are just doing it to try to hook up with feminist girls. The worldview is so narrow that they don't grasp people genuinely having a different viewpoint; it must be a put on so that they get approval from people who are not like them. It's liberals who are so desperate for the approval of others that they'll ignore what they know to be true (think of how often you hear these people say they are "telling it like it is") and elevate women or people of color above themselves to score points with them.

This attitude seems to come up a lot, i.e. that Liberals have a conspiracy to elevate black and brown people into a hegemony over whites. I really wonder where this attitude comes from.

Sometimes, I think it comes from the perception that in today's society - it is perfectly acceptable (if not outright encouraged) to point out the flaws in "white" culture, but it's unacceptable to point out the flaws in "other than white" culture without being labeled a bigot, racist, Uncle Tom....etc.

At least - I think that is the perception.

Sometimes, I think it comes from the perception that in today's society - it is perfectly acceptable (if not outright encouraged) to point out the flaws in "white" culture, but it's unacceptable to point out the flaws in "other than white" culture without being labeled a bigot, racist, Uncle Tom....etc.

At least - I think that is the perception.

What is white culture?

Because the large swath of white people who don't understand or refuse to recognize white privilege are a way, way bigger issue in this country than probably anything else in race relations.

Because the large swath of white people who don't understand or refuse to recognize white privilege are a way, way bigger issue in this country than probably anything else in race relations.

Do the Japanese recognize Japanese privilege in Japan?

What is black culture?

think of it this way -- what is American culture? and how do you feel when non-Americans like to tell you everything they think you, as a representative of 310m people spread across a vast continent, should be doing differently.

think of it this way -- what is American culture? and how do you feel when non-Americans like to tell you everything they think you, as a representative of 310m people spread across a vast continent, should be doing differently.

I honestly try to listen. Usually some things are valid. American culture often seems violent, disposable, and celebrity-worshiping.

Back
Top Bottom