Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #211
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 08:40 PM
I'll bite my tongue from saying what I'd really like to say.

I'll just say that this is the dumbest post I've ever seen from you.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:51 AM   #212
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 08:40 PM
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:19 AM   #213
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 03:40 AM
And in the "and this is why I'm having a hard time believing the cops" category:

Mike Brown: Facts and Dog Whistles
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 AM   #214
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Thanks for that, really good. Is he from a media org or something ? I can only see that he is organising a petition?
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
And in the "and this is why I'm having a hard time believing the cops" category:

Mike Brown: Facts and Dog Whistles
You know - it may serve this forum better to have a more politically neutral mod. Unless the intention is for this forum to be a backslapping Liberal circle-jerk. If that IS the intention, you are succeeding quite well. That is also why it is dying a slow (but accelerating) death.

A few years back in FYM - debate across the political spectrum was encouraged (yet, it was never exactly equal - but this is a U2 website - so Left-leaning is expected). Now, it seems you've bullied/bored away any dissenting (i.e. - non-Liberal) opinions.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:07 AM   #216
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Around here it's mostly drug use, or the odd number of abandoned buildings that tend to catch on fire more frequently any time cuts of FD funding in towns get mentioned. There's a fair amount of shady shit fire depts around here have done in order to get the ambulance service. None of it involves killing anyone, though.

It's the nature of the job though, you're not going to open the can of worms that gets opened when a cop uses deadly force because that's not exactly what firefighters do...
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I don't know a ton about anything like that. But, it's a small enough city that they're desperate for firemen, not cutting the funding, it seems to be. So, that one isolated experience I have in the topic is positive, but I could be totally living in bliss.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:31 AM   #217
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
You know - it may serve this forum better to have a more politically neutral mod. Unless the intention is for this forum to be a backslapping Liberal circle-jerk. If that IS the intention, you are succeeding quite well. That is also why it is dying a slow (but accelerating) death.

A few years back in FYM - debate across the political spectrum was encouraged (yet, it was never exactly equal - but this is a U2 website - so Left-leaning is expected). Now, it seems you've bullied/bored away any dissenting (i.e. - non-Liberal) opinions.
Preposterous.

This has nothing to do about Diemen being a mod.
This only has to do with him pointing us towards someone who has clarified what is FACTUALLY known about this case. Tough luck for you for not liking those facts.

Would Diemen be a better mod for not pointing us to this twitter account?

Again, preposterous.
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Preposterous.

This has nothing to do about Diemen being a mod.
This only has to do with him pointing us towards someone who has clarified what is FACTUALLY known about this case. Tough luck for you for not liking those facts.

Would Diemen be a better mod for not pointing us to this twitter account?

Again, preposterous.
Is there a conservative/neutral leaning mod in this forum? I haven't been around that often this past year - maybe I missed him/her.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Preposterous.

This has nothing to do about Diemen being a mod.
This only has to do with him pointing us towards someone who has clarified what is FACTUALLY known about this case. Tough luck for you for not liking those facts.
.
So - the reason FYM is dying is because the Liberals know all the facts and all of the debates in society have finally been solved. There's no longer a need for a rational discussion on the issues.

Yeah - fun forum.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:51 AM   #220
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 10:40 AM
I would hope a conservative mod would also have the decency to point toward FACTS.
Even when they might not suit his/her own political agenda.

Call me crazy.
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #221
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
You know - it may serve this forum better to have a more politically neutral mod. Unless the intention is for this forum to be a backslapping Liberal circle-jerk. If that IS the intention, you are succeeding quite well. That is also why it is dying a slow (but accelerating) death.

A few years back in FYM - debate across the political spectrum was encouraged (yet, it was never exactly equal - but this is a U2 website - so Left-leaning is expected). Now, it seems you've bullied/bored away any dissenting (i.e. - non-Liberal) opinions.

So you're disputing the facts in the link Diemen posted?
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post


Would Diemen be a better mod for not pointing us to this twitter account?
Diemen would be a better mod in a forum such as this for encouraging multiple points of view - not squashing them.

In my view - we should NOT know a mod's political leanings. Their only input is to summarize the multiple POV - not pick one. This forum, at least in name, is about an OPEN discussion of the controversial issues. The mod should request/verify sources, maintain a level of civility, and defend those that may have a "minority" (within the forum) opinion.

Again, if the goal of the forum is to weed out non-Liberal opinions, you are succeeding fantastically (even though participation is dropping).
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:01 AM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
So you're disputing the facts in the link Diemen posted?
I don't think it is Diemen's role as a mod in a forum such as this to participate in this manner.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:04 AM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
I would hope a conservative mod would also have the decency to point toward FACTS.
Even when they might not suit his/her own political agenda.

Call me crazy.
We ALL think we have FACTS on our side. That is not unique to being a Liberal.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #225
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I don't think it is Diemen's role as a mod in a forum such as this to participate in this manner.
Ah, now I understand why we have a different opinion on this:
you're wrong
__________________

__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com