Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #136
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Which media is this? Are you referring to WND? That is certainly NOT how this event has been reported by the major news outlets.



If a white man shoots a black man - it's a total media circus. If a black man shoots a black man, it's not even worth mentioning (to the media - there's no money in it).

This is not just a white man shooting a black man.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #137
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post



Yet - the facts don't matter. The fire is set. The line has been drawn. The sides have been taken. Reason is out the window. Even if the facts clearly show this officer acted according to law and training - he's done. Why? So the networks can make more money on our clicks, visits, and viewing hours. They hype this stuff up for money, it's as simple as that.

You do realize you're just as guilty as everyone you accuse, right?

You are bending over backwards to try and justify putting 6 bullets in an unarmed man. Do you realize how often cops get assaulted? Yet they find a way to apprehend without taking deadly force, which is how real cops are trained. And you've dismissed eyewitnesses as just sticking with their tribe(not a disgusting presumption at all).


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You do realize you're just as guilty as everyone you accuse, right?

You are bending over backwards to try and justify putting 6 bullets in an unarmed man.
No, I am questioning this notion that Michael was gunned down while peacefully surrendering to the charge of jaywalking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Do you realize how often cops get assaulted? Yet they find a way to apprehend without taking deadly force, which is how real cops are trained.
Michael is 6'4" and almost 300 pounds, if he didn't want to be apprehended by hand, he wasn't going to be. And as we saw only 10 minutes before he was shot, Michael did not hesitate to use his size to do whatever he wanted to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And you've dismissed eyewitnesses as just sticking with their tribe(not a disgusting presumption at all).
Unfortunately I am. After watching the citizens being interviewed this week on CNN, it is obvious they are using this incident to lodge a bigger complaint at society. Also - their stories contradict on some of the most key parts of the incident. Some say he was shot surrendering. Some say he was shot running away. Another says he was shot while doubling back and charging the cop (this is also the officer's version).

I am simply challenging this notion that Darren Wilson, an officer with a reputation for gentleness and an unblemished track record, suddenly went into a racist rage and gunned down a black man who was peacefully surrendering to the charge of jaywalking. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference[/QUOTE]
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #139
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I am simply challenging this notion that Darren Wilson, an officer with a reputation for gentleness and an unblemished track record, suddenly went into a racist rage and gunned down a black man who was peacefully surrendering to the charge of jaywalking. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No.
Under the same circumstances, would Darren Wilson have fired with the aim to kill if the suspect had been Caucasian.
Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No.
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #140
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 07:24 PM
Yes he was murdered. He was shot six times while on his knees surrendering. The officer had no idea if he was a violent person. He only knew he was big and black and not on a sidewalk.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #141
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
What are you referring to?

EDIT: Watch CNN and tell me honestly that the press coverage is being suppressed.

Teargassing a news crew and dismantling their camera equipment after they ran. Arresting two reporters for "not leaving a McDonald's fast enough." Pointing a gun at reporters and threatening to shoot them if they don't turn off a light.

So many first amendment rights violations, so little time. And for you to bring up the looters is sad. How many peaceful protestors are there compared to he people who looted six or seven days ago? Give me a break. The only person trying to frame a narrative here is you.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
He was shot six times
Yes, and that is disconcerting at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
while on his knees surrendering.
That is certainly not proven to be fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
The officer had no idea if he was a violent person.
Of course he did, Michael had just punched and/or pushed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
He only knew he was big and black and not on a sidewalk.
And you really believe this was the reason he was shot? That he was big and black and jaywalking. And not only that - the officer even waited until for Michael to get on his knees before shooting him 30 feet away in broad daylight...?
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Teargassing a news crew and dismantling their camera equipment after they ran. Arresting two reporters for "not leaving a McDonald's fast enough." Pointing a gun at reporters and threatening to shoot them if they don't turn off a light.

So many first amendment rights violations, so little time. And for you to bring up the looters is sad. How many peaceful protestors are there compared to he people who looted six or seven days ago? Give me a break. The only person trying to frame a narrative here is you.
I mentioned the looters because they were...well...looting. I am sure you would want the police to stop someone from burning down your neighborhood.

I don't think anyone has a problem with peaceful protests. I certainly do not.
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #144
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
No, I am questioning this notion that Michael was gunned down while peacefully surrendering to the charge of jaywalking.
You're being intellectually dishonest with yourself, you are going beyond just questioning this notion. You're treating this as a black or white scenario; either Michael is an angel or a thug, either he assaulted warranting death or he peacefully surrendered. The majority of us believe there could have been a scuffle and a surrender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Michael is 6'4" and almost 300 pounds, if he didn't want to be apprehended by hand, he wasn't going to be. And as we saw only 10 minutes before he was shot, Michael did not hesitate to use his size to do whatever he wanted to do.
Yeah against an unarmed 5' tall convenient store clerk. A gun will make most men, no matter their size hesitate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Unfortunately I am. After watching the citizens being interviewed this week on CNN, it is obvious they are using this incident to lodge a bigger complaint at society. Also - their stories contradict on some of the most key parts of the incident. Some say he was shot surrendering. Some say he was shot running away. Another says he was shot while doubling back and charging the cop (this is also the officer's version).
Eyewitnesses are often going to have contradictory stories, you look for the consistencies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I am simply challenging this notion that Darren Wilson, an officer with a reputation for gentleness and an unblemished track record, suddenly went into a racist rage and gunned down a black man who was peacefully surrendering to the charge of jaywalking. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Wait, so now you know Darren Wilson? Once again you are doing the exact thing that you accusing others of. We don't know Wilson any better than we know Michael.

Is it possible that Michael surrendered after a scuffle? The autopsy so far suggest that the shots were not close range, so this didn't occur while reaching for his gun, so Wilson had control of the gun before shots fired, so that theory seems to be thrown out the window. At least 5 shots? Unless Michael was a zombie that kept moving towards him, most cops are going to see an issue with this. And perhaps the most damning is that one of these shots enter from the top of his head which suggests shooting after he had already fallen to the ground, which is consistent to some eyewitnesses.

So this whole notion that this is cut and dry, and you're sticking with your tribe is bullshit. Both sides deserve to be questioned.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 07:24 PM
He punched or pushed the officer according to whom?

And yes he had surrendered. He got shot in the palm. His hands were up. He got shot in the top of the head after he had already fallen.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
You're basically insinuating that if you're a liberal, you just get race relations.

All I'm trying to say is that if someone identifies with one political leaning, or another, that does not mean that that person 1) Understands all of the subjects that side may focus on nor 2) Does it mean that a person on the other side of the line completely agrees with everything their contemporaries do.

I'm not saying all liberals get it. I'm saying all conservatives don't.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #147
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
He punched or pushed the officer according to whom?
There are claims that there are photos taken at the hospital following the indecent of injuries to his face. Who knows what to believe, I have a hard time believing this police department who released an unrelated video just to win empathy for their side wouldn't have released these photos yet, but then again this police department doesn't seem to be the brightest group of cops out there.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
He punched or pushed the officer according to whom?

And yes he had surrendered. He got shot in the palm. His hands were up. He got shot in the top of the head after he had already fallen.
Quote:
Accounts of exactly what happened when Officer Darren Wilson stopped Brown while the teen was walking down a street vary widely.

Witnesses said they saw a scuffle between the officer and Brown at the police car before the young man was shot.
Missouri National Guard headed to Ferguson - CNN.com
__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 07:24 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Yes he was murdered. He was shot six times while on his knees surrendering. The officer had no idea if he was a violent person. He only knew he was big and black and not on a sidewalk.

Exactly. I don't think I the officer was in some kind of "racist rage" -- but he was much more trigger happy and nervousness because he was dealing with a large black male than had he been dealing with a large white male. In the same way that Zimmerman wouldn't have tried to play Robocop had TM been a white or Asian male.

We need to get beyond cartoonish understandings of racism and start to understand how race permeates everything, especially when it comes to young black men and the police in certain areas of the country.

Just because it's not Mississippi Burning doesn't mean there isn't a problem here.


Sent from
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Both sides deserve to be questioned.
Actually - that is exactly what I am trying to do. I am trying to point out that there are other possibilities than the one people like PhilsFan are sticking with.

It may turn out that the officer did respond excessively after the scuffle, and he will be charged accordingly. But at least we are now at the point we can begin to discuss a little more motive behind the shooting other than racism (a very large man was just bold enough to hit a cop and possible reach for the weapon).

My hunch tells me (based on what we've heard from witnesses and police) that they will prove there was a scuffle and there was a shot fired in the squad car during that scuffle. Beyond that - it will be difficult to prove that Michael was surrendering or charging. One witness said he thought the cop was missing because Michael kept moving toward him (perhaps the arm shots were first?).

One problem is the lack of a dashcam and lapel cam. It's a rather inexpensive way to add clarity to situations like this.
__________________

__________________
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com