Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you sound like an idiot foolish

when "the practice" gives the reasonable answer, argue the arcane theory?? to what purpose??

I answered your question, WHITE GUY, yes 100% I would support, I would be taking the picture and sending it to the police last night

And if this innocent person was harmed or killed because some good Samaritan saw him on twitter, still responsible? I wouldn't want you as my police commissioner. They wouldn't have done this in the day before social media, I'm not sure that just because the access to info is quicker that we need to throw out good police work.

In the heat of the moment, I can see why they posted that picture. Remembering Boston, I didn't retweet it because I didn't want to endanger a possibly innocent man. Turns out, he was innocent. I think after that Dallas PD should have retracted the tweet, deleted it and issue an apology.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok, I'll bite.

I don't disagree.

My concern -- aside from the obvious one of police shooting first, asking questions later when it comes to black men -- is what this will do to policing. It's a tough job. It's also one they signed up for. The violence has always happened, it's the cameras that are new. I think the cameras are a good thing. However, it's not so much the anti-police messages you seem to hear in the BLM movement and more that I fear this will discourage good people from going into policing, and prevent police from doing necessary work. The crime rate in Baltimore has shot up over the past year. We have reports in DC that our "vice squads" -- plainclothes cops who used to rush sidewalk craps games that often ended in violence -- are no more. Now, it could be said that this kind of aggressive policing bred distrust, anger, and fear in certain communities. You could also say that, yes, but the crime rate has fallen. These squads may have cracked some skulls, so to speak, but they pounced on bad people. The murder rate has plummeted in DC the past 20 years. And who is/was getting murdered? Generally, young black males.

So. The hard choice could be that if the cops pull back and police less and less aggressively, we may see our murder rates rise. And the vast majority of the people getting murdered are black males.

What's the answer?

Aside from reducing poverty. Obviously we can do that because Mitt Romney might have to pay more in taxes.
There's no may... it will happen. We're already seeing a turn in New York. Small at first, "quality of life" issues, if you will. A rash of slashings and stabbings on the subway. Things of that nature. But it will only increase.

As long as we continue to argue over the superficial and ignore the more deep rooted causes or poverty and institutional racism this will continue to be a fucked up roller coaster.

search

Meet violence with violence

https://www.google.com/search?q=blm...q=blm+rally+anti+police&imgrc=lquyfcIxFjTx0M:

Can I add a square.?

More blacks die from natural causes than from police, and no one ever says anything about that.

You're never too old to open your eyes. But then again he's supporting one of the most openly racist candidate my generation has seen, so it's more of a squint.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You're never too old to open your eyes. But then again he's supporting one of the most openly racist candidate my generation has seen, so it's more of a squint.

He could always be the Dickwad Cheney to his Bush. You know, but actually in a positive way.

Ok, I'll bite.

I don't disagree.

My concern -- aside from the obvious one of police shooting first, asking questions later when it comes to black men -- is what this will do to policing. It's a tough job. It's also one they signed up for. The violence has always happened, it's the cameras that are new. I think the cameras are a good thing. However, it's not so much the anti-police messages you seem to hear in the BLM movement and more that I fear this will discourage good people from going into policing, and prevent police from doing necessary work. The crime rate in Baltimore has shot up over the past year. We have reports in DC that our "vice squads" -- plainclothes cops who used to rush sidewalk craps games that often ended in violence -- are no more. Now, it could be said that this kind of aggressive policing bred distrust, anger, and fear in certain communities. You could also say that, yes, but the crime rate has fallen. These squads may have cracked some skulls, so to speak, but they pounced on bad people. The murder rate has plummeted in DC the past 20 years. And who is/was getting murdered? Generally, young black males.

So. The hard choice could be that if the cops pull back and police less and less aggressively, we may see our murder rates rise. And the vast majority of the people getting murdered are black males.

What's the answer?

Aside from reducing poverty. Obviously we can do that because Mitt Romney might have to pay more in taxes.

The police are pulling back. The crime and murder rate in Baltimore and Chicago are way up. Most of the victims are black. This I'm afraid will continue being a trend.

The answer? One answer is we have to stop from rushing to inject racism as the factor in every conflict. I think Obama and other leaders have set a dangerous president by fueling this automatic charge of racism.

This is what I meant by 'racism being glorified' We we love to shout racism.
We love to blame it all of those racists bigots. We turn a blind eye to facts that might conflict with this view.

And we do the very thing Dr. King did not want us to continue, we judge by skin, not by the person's character and actions. He meant this to be applied to all people.

Last edited:
We love to blame it all of those racists bigots. We turn a blind eye to facts that might conflict with this view.

And what exactly are the facts we're turning a blind eye to?

You've been shown time and time again facts that you've chosen to sweep under the rug, so the very least you can do is show us facts that we can choose to see or sweep along with you.

The police are pulling back. The crime and murder rate in Baltimore and Chicago are way up. Most of the victims are black. This I'm afraid will continue being a trend.

The answer? One answer is we have to stop from rushing to inject racism as the factor in every conflict. I think Obama and other leaders have set a dangerous president by fueling this automatic charge of racism.

And we do the very thing Dr. King did not want us to continue, we judge by skin, not by the person's character and actions. He meant this to be applied to all people.

Do you think racism played any part in these past two shootings?

you ask that question
many people in here say if he had been white he would not have been shot,

and then I post a link to a 19 year old white kid, unarmed laying on the street being shot.
no doubt if he was black, even I would have been led to believe his color was a factor.

and then with these two recent events. I looked into them as much as I can and I do say without much hesitation, that the man shot in his car was 100% wrong, pulled over for a broker tail light? stayed in the car and is shot dead. everything just says this is 100% wrong. an investigation (small) may bring new information to change my opinion. I doubt it.

Now if any reasonable an honest person would take a closer look at the LA incident, without the lazy crap posting on social media, and yes the video is terrible and I hate seeing and hearing a man get shot to death.
I believe an honest investigation and hearing may lead to those officers being found not guilty of any crime.

And what exactly are the facts we're turning a blind eye to?

You've been shown time and time again facts that you've chosen to sweep under the rug, so the very least you can do is show us facts that we can choose to see or sweep along with you.

you seem to only want and give credit to what supports your locked-in views,
this is the practice of people with extreme bias, you know, like racism

please tell me what happened in LA, that resulted in that man being shot to death in the parking lot.

How do I know he's a murderer?

It all depends on the situation. Its not simple.

Does he have a weapon? Knife or gun?

Does he/she see me?

Can I make noise or turn on lights to spook him?

Or is this persons intention solely to murder me?

If my life is on the line, yes I'll do what I can to survive. That may mean taking their life. I may also have the chance to use non lethal force too.

you seem to only want and give credit to what supports your locked-in views,
this is the practice of people with extreme bias, you know, like racism

Well if you would be so kind as to point out specifically next time I do so ,instead of urging my suicide, it would be greatly appreciated.

None of this will matter until we get the epidemic of guns off the streets. Until that is solved, the institutional racism that created the mass poverty in the urban black community will continue to devolve into mass slaughter by blacks in blacks and an uneasy, on edge relationship between the community and the police.

https://youtu.be/dDryRG-cQeY

We have a race problem. We have our in government, we have it in policing, we have it in our every day lives. Some of it is blatant and in your face, some of it is subtle and hard to see if you're not looking for it. It's going to take a long time to overcome fully, and I doubt we'll ever fully eradicate it from our country.

But as long as the streets remain flooded with firearms, it'll exacerbate the issues; making them ten times worse.

This is clear as day, but nobody wants to do anything about it.

We can't solve the race issue until we solve the gun issue.

I have a question for this thread. Is anyone here a person of color? Shouldn't their voices be heard in a thread about racism? A bunch of white people talking about racism leads nowhere, we have to have the voices of people of color heard.

Hi
I ran out of monthly data about 20 days ago so I'm just returning to FYM in general today.

Absolutely any Interferencers of color who feel safe enough to post, please do! (maybe you've done so already since this is the first page I'm reading since my last visit)

I also know (I'm white) from listening (mostly radio), and sometimes reading articles- that many black people want white people to talk about racism amongst themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom