Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #751
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
And now you're all talking about Anti-White girl instead of the actual topic. Deflection achieved.

I have no idea what's actually going on tbf.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #752
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Meanwhile, though, Oregoropa meanders on out of her without addressing the actual question. It's just infuriating.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #753
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Annnnnnddddd this is how we got Trump
Old 01-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #754
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Meanwhile, though, Oregoropa meanders on out of her without addressing the actual question. It's just infuriating.
Sorry, had to drive for 2 hours. I read the article. Radicalization of whites. Is it OK to read an essay and find it a bit hyperbolic? I don't see a great uprising of white supremacy. Just because hundreds of counties flipped to Trump in the heartland doesn't mean the Fourth Reich is rising in the Rust Belt. Irvine, are you trying to warn us, or just looking for another reason to justify Trump's win?

Is this the narrative that is driving the Democratic party? So much so that a candidate running for the chair of the party says it is her job to "shut white people up"

Sure white privilege exists. I get her general gist. The matter of importance to the Democratic party is up to them. As a matter of political strategy to have a chairwoman 'shut white people up' is disastrous for the party.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #755
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

What's worse, his deflection, or when bob or the iron horse commit drive by postings and plug their ears after?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:36 PM   #756
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The thread was dormant until 2 postings before mine today. I'm not going back to the November conversation.

With the article posted the general topic of the nexus of race-politics seemed to be an interesting place to plant a counter-flag.

You could call it deflection. I'm just curious on the thought process of both sides.

Better than me being snarky and just reply "Scary"
Old 01-31-2017, 06:40 PM   #757
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Sorry, had to drive for 2 hours. I read the article. Radicalization of whites. Is it OK to read an essay and find it a bit hyperbolic? I don't see a great uprising of white supremacy. Just because hundreds of counties flipped to Trump in the heartland doesn't mean the Fourth Reich is rising in the Rust Belt. Irvine, are you trying to warn us, or just looking for another reason to justify Trump's win?

Is this the narrative that is driving the Democratic party? So much so that a candidate running for the chair of the party says it is her job to "shut white people up"

Sure white privilege exists. I get her general gist. The matter of importance to the Democratic party is up to them. As a matter of political strategy to have a chairwoman 'shut white people up' is disastrous for the party.

A rise? Maybe not, an emboldening? Yes, which leads to a rise.

But it's much more important to focus on her use of "shut white people up", even if we agree about the context. You just don't talk about white folk like that.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #758
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

But it's much more important to focus on her use of "shut white people up", even if we agree about the context. You just don't talk about white folk like that.
. . . and expect to prevent a supermajority of the GOP in the Senate.

I'm sure this a situation many in here would like to avoid. The Democratic needs to figure out how to advance social justice while at the same time maintain the governance to achieve those goals. IE 2018 Midterms.

From a political standpoint it may not be an easy thing to do.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:59 PM   #759
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Oregoropa, I apologize, I made a mistake. I thought Irvine had posted about this:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...w-enforcement/

I guess I read the article around the time Irvine posted and just made an assumption. I could've sworn I clicked the link to be sure, but I was mistaken. I am very sorry, while you may have been a bit flippant (though as you say, you were driving) your post was clearly in line with Irvine's. I made a mistake.

But this does raise a valid counterpoint to your argument that there is not a white supremacy uprising upon us.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:04 PM   #760
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

Quote:
. . . and expect to prevent a supermajority of the GOP in the Senate.

I'm sure this a situation many in here would like to avoid. The Democratic needs to figure out how to advance social justice while at the same time maintain the governance to achieve those goals. IE 2018 Midterms.

From a political standpoint it may not be an easy thing to do.
Avoid and deflect. Avoid and deflect. Avoid and... yeah we know you got this one down.

You still think you have a movement, don't you?

There's no Hillary to run against this time. The Con had 74 million vote against him to his 62 million. And of those 62 a large portion were just anti-Hillary votes and reluctant party votes. This will all be about Trump's performance now. Everything has changed. You can't push the agenda he is AND grow the economy. If he had stuck with jobs, outdated and short term as they are, I'd say you're probably right, but that's not the path he seems to be going. When you have protest every turn you take, companies take notice.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #761
ONE
love, blood, life

Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

I'm glad I'm not going crazy when I said I have no idea what's going on.

Well. I could always be crazy, still.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #762
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Oregoropa, I apologize, I made a mistake. I thought Irvine had posted about this:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...w-enforcement/

I guess I read the article around the time Irvine posted and just made an assumption. I could've sworn I clicked the link to be sure, but I was mistaken. I am very sorry, while you may have been a bit flippant (though as you say, you were driving) your post was clearly in line with Irvine's. I made a mistake.

But this does raise a valid counterpoint to your argument that there is not a white supremacy uprising upon us.
No problemo. I'll check it out. Thanks for your candor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
I'm glad I'm not going crazy when I said I have no idea what's going on.

Well. I could always be crazy, still.
Let's all just take a deep breath . . . and just kinda have a light hearted moment. It gets a bit exhausting being so amped through the keyboards
Old 01-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #763
Refugee

Quote:

Well said !
Old 01-31-2017, 07:25 PM   #764
ONE
love, blood, life

I do think that was a pretty disastrous statement.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #765
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Let's all just take a deep breath . . . and just kinda have a light hearted moment. It gets a bit exhausting being so amped through the keyboards

Oh no worries here. I'm currently a part of two message boards. On the other one, I'm part of a three person committee of anti-Trump folk in a sea of pro-Trump. At the very least, I can relate with how exhausting it is to have so much to answer. And I play your role, being the only one of the minority who actually has the willingness to discuss (this was my point when I asked what was worse, deflection v drive by posting -- I was implying that what you may or may not do isn't as bad). Trust me, I get being overwhelmed with opposition.

But I will say this... appreciate that people are much more civil here. You get criticized, but this forum is rated PG-13. The other one I'm on is unmoderated, and the people on both sides are rather aggressive and vile.