Racism: glorified hyperbole in America - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind

Old 09-12-2016, 01:12 AM   #706
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
What generalizations do you have for the white community?
Intolerant of upstart Democrats such as Barack or Bernie, so they vote for Hillary in the primaries.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:32 AM   #707
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:15 AM
growing up, the people i'd see causing the most problems were white. and i lived in memphis, where whites are the minority. most of the times i've been cat-called to the point where it goes beyond that and is harassment, it's a white guy. most of the times when i see someone acting like a douchecanoe, it's a white guy. you hear about someone making meth on the news, oh look it's a white guy or a white couple. someone leaves a baby in a car, it's almost always a white person.

most panhandlers you see walking around the streets are white. i'm not going to pretend blacks don't commit crime, both of my parents were part of an armed robbery involving them held at gunpoint inside a store — thankfully neither of my parents were robbed, just the store.

if you're going to assume blacks are going to be more likely to commit crimes, then your view will be skewed to see it happen, especially if you live in a city where only 3% of the population is black. it's pretty rich to call whites intolerant and paint blacks with such a broad brush.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #708
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Intolerant of upstart Democrats such as Barack or Bernie, so they vote for Hillary in the primaries.
For fucks sake the majority of Bernie suppoeters were white, the main reason why he couldn't beat Hillary was because the only people voting for him were white, and he might be from the whitest state in the country.

Look, you're stuck on this idea that what you see at night occurs because if somebody's skin color. That's just racist thinking. Period.

Whatever decent points you have are all clouded by that fact, and prevents this from being anymore than a session of banging ones head against a brick wall. But I suppose that's par for the course.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:40 PM   #709
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

*this* from someone who thinks black voters only voted for Clinton because they recognized her name?

your Bernie math is racist.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #710
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Look, you're stuck on this idea that what you see at night occurs because if somebody's skin color. That's just racist thinking. Period.

Whatever decent points you have are all clouded by that fact, and prevents this from being anymore than a session of banging ones head against a brick wall. But I suppose that's par for the course.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #711
Blue Crack Addict

BigMacPhisto? More like Big Confirmation Bias folks.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #712
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Or maybe there is something cultural about 3% of the local population causing virtually all of the crime that I've personally witnessed? And again, I'm arguing about a subset of the black community and one that many prominent members of said community have publicly aired their grievances about for decades and led to the tough on crime movement.

There has to be something behind it and I don't really think it's just our country's history of racism that is solely responsible for these insane murder rates and higher rates within the community for virtually every crime.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #713
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:15 AM
Quote:
Or maybe there is something cultural about 3% of the local population causing virtually all of the crime that I've personally witnessed?

Maybe this says more about you. It says something about what you do, where you've been, and how in your limited ability which you try and pretend is superior, you've allowed it to shape your world view.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 09-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #714
Blue Crack Addict

Old 09-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #715
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:45 PM
I am always surprised to find out that South Park is still a thing.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:19 AM   #716
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:15 AM
I'm curious, why is that? Its model has always been to craft shows on the fly to mock current social events, and it's always been successful. I'd be upset if it went away.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #717
Blue Crack Addict

i am never surprised to find someone do the totally-not-out-of-touch "hur hur that's still a thing?" bit every single time South Park is mentioned these days
Old 09-16-2016, 09:57 PM   #718
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:45 PM
You're welcome, Dave.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #719
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Eh, it's no longer appointment viewing and you could make a strong argument that it hasn't been now for just over half of its lifespan. And I honestly love most of the stuff they put out in the first eight seasons.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #720
New Yorker

Quote:
Chicago's 500 Homicides: How We Got Here

"Some Chicagoans partly blame the violence on economic struggles and lack of jobs. However, Chicago's unemployment rate fell from 6.1% in 2015 to 5.5% in 2016."

Again, the violence has more to do with a cultural thing than it does with a lack of opportunity. Being poor doesn't just make someone pick up a gun and shoot somebody else. Media aimed at the black community glorifies violence and so does street culture. Couple that with a country as gun loving as ours and you get such a predictable result.
I agree. Also, Democrat Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan warned in the 60s that the welfare state, as it is set up, would destroy the black family. It has.