Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Build that wall!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #557
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Keep in mind that being shot by a cop, isn't the only reason African-Americans are wary of law enforcement. They are routinely pulled over for no good reason and just hassled. I have friends who have had this happen. It is not irrational to be wary of a LEO when you see those things happen to people in your community all the time.

I agree, I think the majority of cops are good people, but there are a significant number who are assholes, and worse, racist assholes. They are protected by their fellow officers so who is a person of color to trust?
Thank you.

The driving incidents I have read about some have gone like so: black driver pulled over by LEO, the driver makes a MILD questioning, officer gets nasty like shoving them against hood of car, and in several instances eventually demanding or shoving driver to the ground, eventually driver is determined to be innocent. Often the driver has a younger child in the car. It's humiliating experiencing that alone...but the in front of your kid!?! A mixture of shame, and worry about being possibly injured (or worse) while you have your child with you and the horror of having your child witnessing this scary situation.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Unfiltered Voices From Donald Trump's Crowds - Video - NYTimes.com

Old 08-05-2016, 02:44 AM   #559
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, the Korryn Gaines incident is definitely what I'm talking about...people going crazy by letting a few loud voices and a ton of media coverage make them feel things are a certain way...and now she's dead by cops by basically letting her paranoia bring it on herself.

Presenting things a certain way (via the media, social networks, etc.) to people that can't understand reality leads to situations like this or police officers being shot by the unhinged. The reality is that cops aren't walking around looking to mess with or ultimately murder black civilians, but acting like they will can certainly bring about that result.

It certainly didn't help that she had other militant black voices telling her to not back down either.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #560
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Well, the Korryn Gaines incident is definitely what I'm talking about...people going crazy by letting a few loud voices and a ton of media coverage make them feel things are a certain way...and now she's dead by cops by basically letting her paranoia bring it on herself.

Presenting things a certain way (via the media, social networks, etc.) to people that can't understand reality leads to situations like this or police officers being shot by the unhinged. The reality is that cops aren't walking around looking to mess with or ultimately murder black civilians, but acting like they will can certainly bring about that result.

It certainly didn't help that she had other militant black voices telling her to not back down either.

You really think it's the media that's shaping their experience? Do you shape your personal experience based on how the media tells you your being treated?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #561
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Even if he loses, his candidacy has made it "ok" for vile people to behave in a vile manner in public.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #562
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

"Irrational fears", guys.

Video from cop shooting shows officer firing at fleeing car in neighborhood - Chicago Tribune
Old 08-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, that poor kid was minding his own business and stealing Jaguars and sideswiping police vehicles when asked to pull over before running away.

Brought it on himself. Do the crime, then don't complain when the police make a mistake.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #564
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Yeah, that poor kid was minding his own business and stealing Jaguars and sideswiping police vehicles when asked to pull over before running away.

Brought it on himself. Do the crime, then don't complain when the police make a mistake.

It's funny coming from a "progressive" that you seem to support all of these ideas of "social support." Yet, when it comes to crime, that goes out the window.

Much like in education or taxation, some "far left progressive" would believe that it's the responsibility of those who are more fortunate or more educated to give a helping hand to those behind them.

People who are "stupid enough" to put themselves in this position should be cared for, not shamed and killed.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #565
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Policies are set in place. PERIOD No one is claiming innocence here, we're wondering why the rules are different for some.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #566
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The policies were enforced and were ultimately effective. The cops were demoted and lost their badges just as they deserved.

Of course I don't think his death is justified or that the police were in the right, but given the circumstances, he certainly doesn't deserve vigils.

This isn't anywhere on the spectrum of a cop shooting an alcoholic black guy who didn't know what was going on or a young black kid with a toy pistol or a therapist with his hands up, etc. This is just the result that happens all the time when a criminal refuses to comply. Had he stopped what he was doing, he'd be alive right now and awaiting sentencing or trial.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #567
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The policies were enforced and were ultimately effective.
False.

Effective? It gave us an unjustified death, how is that effective?

Quote:
he certainly doesn't deserve vigils.
All human life does, regardless of how much guilt or innocence.

It was unjustified, and caused by cops acting outside the law. That's the only thing anyone is saying here.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The policies were effective in laying down the rules, hence the police swiftly facing the repercussions of their actions.

Alright, so you think Bin Laden deserved a candlelight vigil and a circle prayer for healing? And that was arguably a "murder" that involved people acting outside the law.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #569
Babyface

Old 08-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #570
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum9035 View Post

If you're gonna troll as an alter, don't be so obvious about it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference