Racism: glorified hyperbole in America - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind

Old 07-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
First of all, that kind of behavior is run of the mill, every day stuff for these BLM thugs. Find me a source where Trump supporters are out looting people, burning down businesses and committing wide spread assault? Find me a source where Trump supporters have hijacked and permanently destroyed cities by committing senseless violence against innocent people? Find me a source where someone was actually killed in the name of Trump? And again my original question, find me some video or source of Trump supporters chanting "death to Hispanics" or "death to blacks".
Moreover, Trump shot down the violence immediately. Unlike BLM, which after weeks of dead cops on the streets gives some half-ass apology.

i'm an optimist. i really am. i still think the world only spins forward.

but it's stuff like this that makes me so very, very worried about everything.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #467
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
That's pretty much my point. BLM is not an organized group; there are no fees, national newsletter or elected leaders, it's a movement. And so far there has not been any real connection with the shooters and any previous BLM activities, they acted out on their own hate riding the coattails of the event.

Just like individuals who beat a Hispanic US citizen nearly to death in the name of Trump or the Neo Nazis that attacking people outside his rallies.

Pay attention to the facts, not the agenda.

The amount of "violence" caused by Trump supporters is so minuscule compared to that of BLM. It's not even remotely close. Have trump supporters tried to kill anyone?
An "environment of hatred"? Give me a break. Pay attention to the facts, not your personal agenda. Your agenda makes it about Hispanics, we make it about lawbreaking illegals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #468
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Quote:
Have trump supporters tried to kill anyone?
Once again; is this BLM or individuals acting on their own?

Quote:
An "environment of hatred"? Give me a break. Pay attention to the facts, not your personal agenda. Your agenda makes it about Hispanics, we make it about lawbreaking illegals.
False. Don't kid yourself. Trump's first rant talked about Mexico sending rapist, and he's sure there are a few good ones. Never did he mention illegal. He then made a comment about Jeb is light on immigration because his wife is Hispanic. Then the judge who was born in the US should recuse himself because he's Hispanic. He's painted them all with the same brush, it doesn't matter if they are legal or not, he's made the attack about Hispanics, open your eyes.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #469
Refugee

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
First of all, that kind of behavior is run of the mill, every day stuff for these BLM thugs. Find me a source where Trump supporters are out looting people, burning down businesses and committing wide spread assault? Find me a source where Trump supporters have hijacked and permanently destroyed cities by committing senseless violence against innocent people? Find me a source where someone was actually killed in the name of Trump? And again my original question, find me some video or source of Trump supporters chanting "death to Hispanics" or "death to blacks".
Moreover, Trump shot down the violence immediately. Unlike BLM, which after weeks of dead cops on the streets gives some half-ass apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some cops kill black people, therefore every single cop hates black people. See how easy it is to stereotype?

And wrong, people who are widely considered to be leaders of BLM (even though it isn't an organization, but rather a movement which has no leaders), immediately condemned the killings in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 07-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #470
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i'm an optimist. i really am. i still think the world only spins forward.

but it's stuff like this that makes me so very, very worried about everything.

I always remind myself how these people will be looked at in 60 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1468873793.993866.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	10793

Old 07-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
And wrong, people who are widely considered to be leaders of BLM (even though it isn't an organization, but rather a movement which has no leaders), immediately condemned the killings in Dallas.
Yep. They've stated that openly in TV interviews. And when they've explained the concept of their movement in said interviews, absolutely nowhere in their explanations have they once advocated violence towards police or civilians.

Terrorists, on the other hand, tend to take credit for the violence that happens, whether they were actively involved or not. And they don't take the time to explain their message on your average late night talk show or town hall meeting. Kinda goes against the whole "terrorist" mindset/behavior, after all.

Just a reminder of the difference for you, bob, if you read this.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:28 PM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
because they are entirely two different issues, both terrible and need to be addressed, but quit bringing up one to sweep the other under the rug.
I'm not sweeping it under the rug, just pointing out that the amount of, say, Twitter text devoted to police murders far overwhelms that devoted to black-on-black violence even though the latter accounts for far, far more violence. You're not going to address fearful police until you try to fix the problem of crime in the community. To outsiders, BLM just looks like some anti-police group, waiting for the next incident that they can point fingers at. Every murdered suspect then becomes some innocent martyr whose egregious sins are overlooked and every cop becomes the devil incarnate, no matter the circumstances.

If Black Lives Matter, focus on all black deaths lost to violence, not just from what are usually murky situations with cops.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

I really dislike the term "black-on-black" violence.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #474
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
I'm not sweeping it under the rug, just pointing out that the amount of, say, Twitter text devoted to police murders far overwhelms that devoted to black-on-black violence even though the latter accounts for far, far more violence. You're not going to address fearful police until you try to fix the problem of crime in the community. To outsiders, BLM just looks like some anti-police group, waiting for the next incident that they can point fingers at. Every murdered suspect then becomes some innocent martyr whose egregious sins are overlooked and every cop becomes the devil incarnate, no matter the circumstances.

If Black Lives Matter, focus on all black deaths lost to violence, not just from what are usually murky situations with cops.

Black lives matter isn't only about violence. Like I said, they are separate issues. Black lives matter is about the fact that police will show much more hesitation and restraint if the skin color is light. Look at the statistics of unarmed white arrests vs black being shot. It shows people that some lives are more valuable than others, that's what this is about.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #475
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Any other violence is just "violence".

Old 07-18-2016, 10:44 PM   #476
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Every murdered suspect then becomes some innocent martyr whose egregious sins are overlooked and every cop becomes the devil incarnate, no matter the circumstances.
I don't think anyone is claiming that all the people struck down by police violence are model citizens. But how is it conscionable that someone like Eric Garner should die over selling loose cigarettes?
Old 07-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #477
Refugee

Quote:

Can you really not distinguish between killings carried out by ordinary citizens and killings carried out by agents of the state and why the difference between those two matters?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #478
Refugee

Quote:

Most white people are killed by other who're people, we need to end this white-on-white violence.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #479
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Police And Black Lives Matter Hold A Cookout, And Praise Rolls In : The Two-Way : NPR

Fuck this terrorist organization.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #480
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

How would you prefer it described ?