Racism: glorified hyperbole in America - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind

Old 07-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #451
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Let's not get carried away. The police are not "terrorist groups" in black neighborhoods. And a dictionary definition is being overly technical about what terrorism means.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #452
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Don Lemon should have had a Big Kahuna Burger in front of him. That's how intense The Sheriff is.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 07-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #453
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
Hell, in black communities, the police could be considered a terrorist group, albeit one that's supported by the state. The definition of terrorism according to the Encyclopedia Britannica is "the systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective." I'd argue that in black communities, this applies to the police. They enforce their power through violence and brutality and often kill people through extra judicial means. Many black people fear the police as a result. Police also enforce the mass incarceration policies that are designed to incarcerate black Americans. The War on Drugs is the new Jim Crow and was designed to create a racial caste system. So you have systemic violence that creates fear that's designed to achieve a political objective.

Wish you'd pump the brakes a little bit on your law enforcement take.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #454
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Wish you'd pump the brakes a little bit on your law enforcement take.

I understand that my take is extremely hot. It's obviously not meant to be taken too seriously. It's more of a Devil's advocate, sorry everyone if you're sick of that phrase. I just believe that the amount of violence that is perpetrated by black Americans along with mass incarceration policies represent a troubling form of authoritarianism that white Americans support because it isn't directed against them.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I just believe that the amount of violence that is perpetrated by black Americans
Interesting slip of the tongue which I certainly can agree.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
The definition of terrorism according to the Encyclopedia Britannica is "the systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective."
So, what is the political objective of black-on-black violence which certainly "terrorizes" the black community hundreds of times more than some cops occasionally going off the handle.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #457
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Interesting slip of the tongue which I certainly can agree.

Slip of the tongue, or are you just selectively quoting the portion that suits you best while ignoring his intention? I'm confused.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I got their intention, certainly, I just think BLM proponents often focus almost entirely on the horrendous murders by police and don't even want to bat an eye at the bigger problem of crime in their own communities, with murder rates that dwarf those caused by police and is the reason why so many police are in the areas to begin with (and fearful).

This black cop's facebook post that went viral says what I'm getting at:

https://www.facebook.com/jay.stalien...11372818974402
Old 07-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #459
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
I got their intention, certainly, I just think BLM proponents often focus almost entirely on the horrendous murders by police and don't even want to bat an eye at the bigger problem of crime in their own communities, with murder rates that dwarf those caused by police and is the reason why so many police are in the areas to begin with (and fearful).
because they are entirely two different issues, both terrible and need to be addressed, but quit bringing up one to sweep the other under the rug. Your Hannity/Breitbart talking points are getting tiresome; no intelligent thinking person should fall for that shit.

One is an issue of violence amongst neighbors in cyclically poverty striken and poorly educated areas.

Another is an issue of violence from state paid authority figures there to protect and uphold the law. These issues are not interchangeable, you're showing your true colors by trying to play this shell game.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

It baffles me how anyone could think that black people are unconcerned with black-on-black violence (I realize how much I dislike that phrase as I type it).

There is no parent who suffers through their child being hit by a stray bullet from a gang shoot-out and then just shrugs their shoulders about it, like "oh well, that's just life in south-side Chicago."
Old 07-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #461
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
So by definition, the Trump campaign would fall under the same qualification, right? It's created an environment of hatred and distrust and few individuals acted in violence on their own accord.

You are absolutely cracked in the head. Have Trump supporters had anyone killed? Are they out chanting "kill Hispanics" or "kill blacks"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 03:03 PM   #462
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
You are absolutely cracked in the head. Have Trump supporters had anyone killed? Are they out chanting "kill Hispanics" or "kill blacks"?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/politi...oston-beating/

Old 07-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
It baffles me how anyone could think that black people are unconcerned with black-on-black violence (I realize how much I dislike that phrase as I type it).

There is no parent who suffers through their child being hit by a stray bullet from a gang shoot-out and then just shrugs their shoulders about it, like "oh well, that's just life in south-side Chicago."

absolutely. gun control has much higher support among black americans than white americans.

of course, gun rights have become an essential component of white identity since the 1980s. so pretty unsurprising.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #464
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post

That's pretty much my point. BLM is not an organized group; there are no fees, national newsletter or elected leaders, it's a movement. And so far there has not been any real connection with the shooters and any previous BLM activities, they acted out on their own hate riding the coattails of the event.

Just like individuals who beat a Hispanic US citizen nearly to death in the name of Trump or the Neo Nazis that attacking people outside his rallies.

Pay attention to the facts, not the agenda.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #465
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/politi...oston-beating/

First of all, that kind of behavior is run of the mill, every day stuff for these BLM thugs. Find me a source where Trump supporters are out looting people, burning down businesses and committing wide spread assault? Find me a source where Trump supporters have hijacked and permanently destroyed cities by committing senseless violence against innocent people? Find me a source where someone was actually killed in the name of Trump? And again my original question, find me some video or source of Trump supporters chanting "death to Hispanics" or "death to blacks".
Moreover, Trump shot down the violence immediately. Unlike BLM, which after weeks of dead cops on the streets gives some half-ass apology.