Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the absurd irony of some of that guy's posts now that we know who he really was is hilarious.
Indeed. Although I give him credit for this... he hid it fairly well for a while. But every now and then he'd let something slip beyond the normal right wing talking points that would make you go hmm. I think the scale of racism was the beginning of the end.

I think the scale of racism was the beginning of the end.

If I recall rightly, the thread his whole "racism scale" thing was in closed before I was able to respond to it (I'd been working on addressing a series of posts of his at the time), 'cause the thread had reached the page number limit.

Knowing what we know now, I'm really glad I didn't wind up actually attempting to argue with him about that scale crap.

Last edited:
(CNN)A workgroup developing a second-grade social studies curriculum for the Texas State Board of Education last month suggested using the term "involuntary relocation" to describe people who were sold into slavery, the board's chair said, amid national debates on the role of critical race theory in classrooms.

The proposed phrase was part of the initial draft outlining the second-grade standards from a review committee that included a section titled "Enslaved Peoples in America."

"The board -- with unanimous consent -- directed the work group to revisit that specific language," Keven Ellis, chair of the Texas State Board of Education, said in a statement

If I recall rightly, the thread his whole "racism scale" thing was in closed before I was able to respond to it (I'd been working on addressing a series of posts of his at the time), 'cause the thread had reached the page number limit.

Knowing what we know now, I'm really glad I didn't wind up actually attempting to argue with him about that scale crap.

I missed something , I see.

So who did he turn out to be. :huh:

ABC News

Derek Chauvin has been sentenced to 21 years in prison on federal civil rights charges Thursday in the death of George Floyd.

He had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges but in December 2021, he pleaded guilty to violating Floyd’s civil rights and admitted that he kept his knee on Floyd’s neck even after he became unresponsive.

Chauvin’s plea agreement called for a 20- to 25-year sentence and for him to serve the federal sentence at the same time as the state one in federal prison, The Associated Press reported.

U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson made the final decision.

16 year old African American Ralph Yarl, shot twice because he mistakenly went to the wrong house.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/kcpd-assures-public-thorough-investigation-underway-of-teens-shooting-in-clay-county

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/17/us/kansas-city-teen-shot-wrong-house/index.html

"Asked whether the shooting may have been racially motivated, the police chief said, "the information that we have now, it does not say that that is racially motivated. That's still an active investigation. But as a chief of police, I do recognize the racial components of this case."

16 year old African American Ralph Yarl, shot twice because he mistakenly went to the wrong house.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-new...ion-underway-of-teens-shooting-in-clay-county

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/17/us/kansas-city-teen-shot-wrong-house/index.html

"Asked whether the shooting may have been racially motivated, the police chief said, "the information that we have now, it does not say that that is racially motivated. That's still an active investigation. But as a chief of police, I do recognize the racial components of this case."

A lot of grey area here. If anything, I have more issues with the fact that the homeowner was so quick to pull the trigger. I don't know if race had anything to do with it. I'll be honest, if a random person, no matter the color, randomly showed up in my house, my first instinct is to protect my family. I don't own guns, but I would for sure grab the baseball bat, knives, or whatever. Gotta be smart though. Ask the kid what he's doing in your house and if he says "I'm so sorry, I'm in the wrong house" then let him leave. Don't shoot him.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

The kid rang the doorbell. What would possess you to shoot them just for that?
Just answer the door (don't even have to open it) and see what he wants. If he's at the wrong house just say so.

Thank God he's alive, hope he makes a full recovery and can tell the police exactly what transpired (because I doubt the shooter will be 100% honest is his account of things).

Kid is not in the house if he's outside the front door. If you're worried about what the kid wants dial 911 if you don't want to ask him first. Or ask him and dial it anyway.

Correct. The kid rang the door bell and was shot.

Waiting to see if there's more information / evidence to come out, cause why would anyone shoot someone who rings a doorbell? Do bad guys usually ring before they break in?

And obviously this was a kid, not some grown ass man who would be intimidating.

(CNN)A White man in his 80s is the individual who apparently shot and seriously wounded Ralph Yarl, a Black teen, on April 13 in Kansas City, Missouri, according to a CNN review of property records, police statements and detention records.

CNN is not naming the man at this time, given he has not been charged.

Two representatives at the Kansas City Police Department detention unit read the man's booking information to CNN over the phone. They confirmed the man who was booked on an investigation hold was a White man in his 80s and his home address matches the address where the shooting took place.

(CNN)A White 85-year-old homeowner who allegedly shot and wounded Ralph Yarl, a Black teen, after the 16-year-old went to the wrong home to pick up his siblings will face two felony charges, Clay County attorney Zachary Thompson announced early Monday evening.

Andrew Lester will face charges of assault in the first degree and armed criminal action. Authorities have issued a warrant for his arrest and he's not currently in custody, Thompson said.

"I can tell you there was a racial component to this case," Thompson said at a news conference without elaborating.

Back
Top Bottom