Racism: glorified hyperbole in America - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind

Old 07-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #346
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
social justice warriors, where is your outrage?

Witness captures final moments of Dylan Noble shooting - LA Times
Any shooting is tragic, but this video doesn't show anything.

And most reports point to suicide by cop.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
you can't be better than this?
did you not see what I wrote about the MN incident vs the LA incident?
you do realize that 19 year old kid had no gun and there was no report of a man brandishing a weapon?

and I was first and loudest with BLACK LIVES MATTER (look at the Trayvon Martin thread} before it became an empty slogan for some jack asses

I took a lot of shit when I started that thread and called it murder, and said Trayvon was only dead because he was black.

Black Lives Matter withdraws from S.F.'s Pride Parade due to increased police presence - LA Times

Taunting people for not expressing equal outrage at all bad things everywhere indicates that you need to do better instead of pulling this #alllivesmatter garbage.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Any shooting is tragic, but this video doesn't show anything.

And most reports point to suicide by cop.

a wrong conclusion, but an easy place to go to because it supports your bias
Old 07-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #349
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I will make an attempt here,
can you not see the difference that last night there was a HUGE STATE OF PANIC that someone had an assault rifle and was killing a bunch of people???
Of course I know the difference, but deep, we're all sick of mob rule without due process.

Quote:
so a man (even a WHITE man) walking around in camo with an assault rifle slung over his shoulder would and should be detained,
Absolutely, but should he have his picture put on the internet without a shred of evidence? Would they have done it if he was white? I don't know, there doesn't seem to be much precedent for this type of use of twitter by police.

Quote:
and also should probably not walk around like that ever if it is perfectly legal
I agree, but it's praised when you're white. You're a fucking patriot if you're white and protesting a black president.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #350
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
a wrong conclusion, but an easy place to go to because it supports your bias
A wrong conclusion? Are you aware of something the reporters are not?

My bias against white people?
Old 07-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Taunting people for not expressing equal outrage at all bad things everywhere indicates that you need to do better instead of pulling this #alllivesmatter garbage.
if this is a discussion, and I do remember when we were able to do that, calling 'taunting' does not contribute, why not respond to what I have posted about the MN incident appearing to be terrible and the LA incident being quite different, so including them as equal serves a bias to make people resent and even hate the police which leads to actions like we had in Texas last night. And the fact the BLM were invited to be the Grand Marshall at SF Gay Pride but pulled out because the Police were not excluded supports the BLM leaders are anti-Police, when police are the answer to protecting us all from terrible incidents like what happened in Orlando or when the WHITE man killed those black people in that church.

that #alllivesmatters is called racists shows bias thinking,
bias thinking is akin to racism, homophobia, does each man become the thing he hates?
Old 07-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

You aren't even making sense.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:21 PM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

I am also having trouble following deep's point.

The BLM people caused a major disturbance at the Toronto Pride parade (they in fact shut it down for 30 mins until organizers agreed to their demands) though they were honoured guests of Pride. That I think is the trouble with loosely affiliated organizations, actually reminds me of the Occupy Wall Street people.

But I'm not sure why deep brought up BLM at the SF parade in relation to the latest news to be honest.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Absolutely, but should he have his picture put on the internet without a shred of evidence? Would they have done it if he was white? I don't know, there doesn't seem to be much precedent for this type of use of twitter by police.

ok I am going to treat this as a sincere question,

ABSOLUTELY 100%, a WHITE man walking around in camo with an AK over his shoulder?? if they did not put this out on social media that is so available now it would be irresponsible,
Old 07-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I am also having trouble following deep's point.

The BLM people caused a major disturbance at the Toronto Pride parade (they in fact shut it down for 30 mins until organizers agreed to their demands) though they were honoured guests of Pride. That I think is the trouble with loosely affiliated organizations, actually reminds me of the Occupy Wall Street people.

But I'm not sure why deep brought up BLM at the SF parade in relation to the latest news to be honest.
there is strong anti-police voice in the BLM leadership now

to a point, where they contribute to people wanting to attack the police
Old 07-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #356
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
ok I am going to treat this as a sincere question,

ABSOLUTELY 100%, a WHITE man walking around in camo with an AK over his shoulder?? if they did not put this out on social media that is so available now it would be irresponsible,
But it's legal here, stupid as shit, but it's legal. If someone was shot at the Confederate rally, would they post the whole crowd's picture on twitter as suspects? His legal display was the ONLY thing remotely tying him to the shooting. So how is that responsible? You're judging him for exercising his 2nd amendment right. Your fellow Trump voters would be furious with you if he was white.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You aren't even making sense.
what is racism but one having a bias against a person or people because they are in a group based their race, skin color,

what is homophobia but one having a bias against a person or people because they are in a group based sexual orientation

bias in favor of the group you are in against the group you are not is is wrong,

of course unless one group's behavior or actions are just wrong

being gay or black is not wrong.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
there is strong anti-police voice in the BLM leadership now

to a point, where they contribute to people wanting to attack the police

Ok, I'll bite.

I don't disagree.

My concern -- aside from the obvious one of police shooting first, asking questions later when it comes to black men -- is what this will do to policing. It's a tough job. It's also one they signed up for. The violence has always happened, it's the cameras that are new. I think the cameras are a good thing. However, it's not so much the anti-police messages you seem to hear in the BLM movement and more that I fear this will discourage good people from going into policing, and prevent police from doing necessary work. The crime rate in Baltimore has shot up over the past year. We have reports in DC that our "vice squads" -- plainclothes cops who used to rush sidewalk craps games that often ended in violence -- are no more. Now, it could be said that this kind of aggressive policing bred distrust, anger, and fear in certain communities. You could also say that, yes, but the crime rate has fallen. These squads may have cracked some skulls, so to speak, but they pounced on bad people. The murder rate has plummeted in DC the past 20 years. And who is/was getting murdered? Generally, young black males.

So. The hard choice could be that if the cops pull back and police less and less aggressively, we may see our murder rates rise. And the vast majority of the people getting murdered are black males.

What's the answer?

Aside from reducing poverty. Obviously we can do that because Mitt Romney might have to pay more in taxes.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But it's legal here, stupid as shit, but it's legal. If someone was shot at the Confederate rally, would they post the whole crowd's picture on twitter as suspects? His legal display was the ONLY thing remotely tying him to the shooting. So how is that responsible? You're judging him for exercising his 2nd amendment right. Your fellow Trump voters would be furious with you if he was white.

you sound like an idiot foolish

when "the practice" gives the reasonable answer, argue the arcane theory?? to what purpose??

I answered your question, WHITE GUY, yes 100% I would support, I would be taking the picture and sending it to the police last night

'because its legal,

I was going to come up with a list of 'legal things' people can do, that no clear thinking person would do without expecting consequences
but I am not locked in a cell with nothing better to do with my time (yet)
Old 07-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ok, I'll bite.

I don't disagree.

My concern -- aside from the obvious one of police shooting first, asking questions later when it comes to black men -- is what this will do to policing. It's a tough job. It's also one they signed up for. The violence has always happened, it's the cameras that are new. I think the cameras are a good thing. However, it's not so much the anti-police messages you seem to hear in the BLM movement and more that I fear this will discourage good people from going into policing, and prevent police from doing necessary work. The crime rate in Baltimore has shot up over the past year. We have reports in DC that our "vice squads" -- plainclothes cops who used to rush sidewalk craps games that often ended in violence -- are no more. Now, it could be said that this kind of aggressive policing bred distrust, anger, and fear in certain communities. You could also say that, yes, but the crime rate has fallen. These squads may have cracked some skulls, so to speak, but they pounced on bad people. The murder rate has plummeted in DC the past 20 years. And who is/was getting murdered? Generally, young black males.

So. The hard choice could be that if the cops pull back and police less and less aggressively, we may see our murder rates rise. And the vast majority of the people getting murdered are black males.

What's the answer?

Aside from reducing poverty. Obviously we can do that because Mitt Romney might have to pay more in taxes.
thanks for this post

I am out of time for now, but there is much you have said that I can agree with, it is complicated, at 60, living in the greater Los Angeles area my whole life I know there is bias against people of color, I have seen it and questioned it, the question is how do we make things better without making them worse. I am always looking at these things and asking how we can do better. Thinking you identified it, and knowing all of Kanye's lyrics doesn't make yo the best person to take charge and lead the way, it could make you a bigger part of the problem,