Rachel Was Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A forum user is obliged to provide some kind of original content with an initial post. If you're too lazy to, or don't care, don't bother posting.
and suck ittttttttttttttttttttttttt

What is important to you?

A human life or a bug that has killed millions of people?

Read more:
Why the insecticide DDT should never have been banned

Well I knew you wouldn't actually answer the question, you never do... still waiting on some answers in the GOP thread.

But here's the reason I asked the question:

I remember once in a thread about the environment you said we shouldn't worry because "the earth is in good hands" and that God was in control.

So why should humans intervene and wipe out a bug that God created, but not do anything about the impact they've done on the Earth?

Well I knew you wouldn't actually answer the question, you never do... still waiting on some answers in the GOP thread.

But here's the reason I asked the question:

I remember once in a thread about the environment you said we shouldn't worry because "the earth is in good hands" and that God was in control.

So why should humans intervene and wipe out a bug that God created, but not do anything about the impact they've done on the Earth?

If I remember what I said correctly, I think I mentioned that my family does recycle the glass and other materials we use. We also grow vegetables and keep several farm animals. We process and preserve much of what we raise for our food supply.

The scriptures teach that we are to be good stewards of God's creation.

Back to the topic:
THE DDT BAN TURNS 30 � Millions Dead of Malaria Because of Ban, More Deaths Likely > Health Issues > ACSH

From the link:
"Around the time of the DDT ban, Dr. Charles Wurster, chief scientist for the Environmental Defense Fund, may have revealed how some environmentalists really feel about human beings when he was asked if people might die as a result of the DDT ban: "Probably...so what? People are the causes of all the problems; we have too many of them. We need to get rid of some of them, and this is as good a way as any." [UPDATE: Wurster later denied ever having made the statement, saying it was misreported by another EPA expert.]"

If I remember what I said correctly, I think I mentioned that my family does recycle the glass and other materials we use. We also grow vegetables and keep several farm animals. We process and preserve much of what we raise for our food supply.

The scriptures teach that we are to be good stewards of God's creation.

Back to the topic:
THE DDT BAN TURNS 30 � Millions Dead of Malaria Because of Ban, More Deaths Likely > Health Issues > ACSH

From the link:
"Around the time of the DDT ban, Dr. Charles Wurster, chief scientist for the Environmental Defense Fund, may have revealed how some environmentalists really feel about human beings when he was asked if people might die as a result of the DDT ban: "Probably...so what? People are the causes of all the problems; we have too many of them. We need to get rid of some of them, and this is as good a way as any." [UPDATE: Wurster later denied ever having made the statement, saying it was misreported by another EPA expert.]"
iron horse, your constant posting of links with zero commentary to try to get a rise out of people is getting rather tiring. this can be considered trolling and is against the rules.

Better question: Why would God create a creature that swims up the end of your penis when you're taking a dip in the Amazon?

iron horse, your constant posting of links with zero commentary to try to get a rise out of people is getting rather tiring. this can be considered trolling and is against the rules.

The reason why I will sometimes post a link with
zero commentary?

Sometimes I don't have anything to add.

And sometimes I will wait to see what others think.

Why do you think my threads are posted to "get a rise out of
people?"

I know I might be swimming against the current poltical and religious views of many members here.

Why should that matter?

I have read replies to my posts that slam my Christian faith or make a joke of my libertarian views.

And that's fine. I believe in free speech and open debate.

I am not offended.

Take care

The reason why I will sometimes post a link with
zero commentary?

Sometimes I don't have anything to add.

And sometimes I will wait to see what others think.

Why do you think my threads are posted to "get a rise out of
people?"

I know I might be swimming against the current poltical and religious views of many members here.

Why should that matter?

I have read replies to my posts that slam my Christian faith or make a joke of my libertarian views.

And that's fine. I believe in free speech and open debate.

I am not offended.

Take care

Don't you think it would be frustrating if a poster kept posting christianityisabigfatlie.com and then just left without any real attempt to engage in disscussion? And then two months later open an entirely new thread with a different website but saying the same exact thing. It would be obvious that this person has no real intent of discussing religion he just wants to come in and remind you every few months that you're stupid.

Why didn't you at least just add this to the last thread you made on this subject?

The other thing you do a lot is post something like the "federal government banned butter in schools" but then when asked about it you never answer. You just pretend it's fact and then move on.

All libertarians are potheads. Southern Christians are racist that started the KKK and hold seats in our government today. Smoking cigarettes will make you grow a third nipple.

Wouldn't it be frustrating if I just kept coming in here and making these statements but then never backed them up or tried to explain when people asked me?

Think about it...

:wave:

BVS said

"The other thing you do a lot is post something like the "federal government banned butter in schools" but then when asked about it you never answer. You just pretend it's fact and then move on."

Where did I just move on?

Please post the thread. I will say I was wrong or answer.

And if you wanna debate butter vs margarine, get your toast ready,

:D

Back
Top Bottom