Questions for Conservatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is there to disagree on? You said the war in Iraq is esentially won(which even Patreous would scratch his head with that one), but you haven't shown us anything to back that statement up, and namkcuR called you out on that...

If pulling out troops because they are not needed is not a good enough sign for you then nothing will be a good sign. Petraeus isn't yelling "VICTORY" because that is bad PR, but he's looking forward to Afghanistan.

Iraq no longer such a risky ride: David Petraeus | The Australian

My guess is that if Obama wins he will continue with the general and fight in Afghanistan until there is a win. I can't see him throw away an opportunity to be a president with a war win under his belt.

My guess is that if Obama wins he will continue with the general and fight in Afghanistan until there is a win. I can't see him throw away an opportunity to be a president with a war win under his belt.

Obama has never struck me as the kind of guy who gets off on "war wins".

If the definition of victory in Iraq is unclear, it has to be even less clear in Afghanistan. You have to deal with the Pakistani border, awful terrain, and securing small American base camps in very remote locations. I don't know how you find all the bad guys in that environment. Maybe there's an unlimited supply of them?

Back
Top Bottom