Q Anon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s really fucked up and stupid.

So of course it’s going to make its way into the mainstream.

I think it’s Harold from South Park, Kyles dad

It's beyond repair, and it will get someone killed.

These are a people that have lost(or never had)all ability to reason or think for themselves.

I’ve also had “friends” who I have on Facebook because ive met at different stages of my life who are into these sort of things including someone who’s was a better friend than just a Facebook friend, I cut them all, I have no shame, you spew bs specifically bs about how trump is great etc, I just unfriend them. Fuck that, I don’t want to hear it. I’ve got no patience for trump supporters, conspiracy theorists, racist people etc. I don’t care if they were long time friends or just people I’ve met once or twice. I will not have any of it! And honestly feels great to unfriend these people. Less garbage I have to read on my feed!

People that believe this stuff are fucking scary.

It’s only going to blow up now with the news covering it more and more

You're right, Headache, but the fact that hundreds of thousands of US voters - voters! - believe this nonsense may effect not only November's elections, but the future and security of this country.

Just read this:

Now that it’s clear that what starts on the fringe doesn’t stay there, it is a real concern. QAnon’s lurch from online to off hasn’t manifested only in T-shirted ralliers wielding weird signs. Last week, a “baker” appeared outside Michael Avenatti’s office because Q sent him there. Others have started searching for child sex camps in the desert outside Tucson. A man in an armored truck blocked a bridge near the Hoover Dam demanding the release of a report that Q claimed the government was withholding. He had two guns.

The storm QAnon truthers predict will never strike because the conspiracy that obsesses them doesn’t exist. But while they wait for it, they’ll try to whip up the winds, and the rest of us will struggle to find shelter. QAnon is scary because it’s getting bigger, it’s scary because we don’t know how to stop it, and it’s scary because the people behind it won’t be stopped, and, until their illusory storm arrives, they won’t be satisfied.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-makes-qanon-so-scary/?utm_term=.df0a98af6035

Read this to understand - if possible - why one guy believes all this shit:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-view/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2ee6488b1b3f

BTW, I find it funny that this group is so terrified over pedophilia rings yet they support Roy Moore.

This is pure madness. And all because we had a black man as President for 8 years. America really lost its mind then, or at least half the country did.

There's going to be violence in the near future. Guaranteed the US is headed for an era of home-grown terrorism and even civil war. Just look at how the crowd at Trump's rallies taunts at CNN. Someone in the media is going to get killed. Lots of innocent people are going to be killed. There's no light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Last edited:
There's going to be violence in the near future. Guaranteed the US is headed for an era of home-grown terrorism and even civil war. Just look at how the crowd at Trump's rallies taunts at CNN. Someone in the media is going to get killed. Lots of innocent people are going to be killed. There's no light at the end of this dark tunnel.

I totally sympathize with your overall fears, but at the same time, I have to say, I keep seeing a lot of this attitude among people on the left in general right now and it's very dispiriting. That quote about how "we don't know how to stop it"...well, so let's figure out a way to stop it, then. Or at least fight back against it.

I dunno, I just feel like a lot of people on the left are throwing up their hands and saying, "Well, we're screwed, nothing we can do, this administration's just going to keep on doing what it wants" and I just refuse to accept that fact. I want to hear more people on the left talking about how we can rally and fight back against this shit. I want to hear more suggestions and solutions, more calls to action, more promotion of and talk about up and coming politicians and other leaders who we can work with and support, etc.. Yes, everyone keeps talking about voting in November, and we should absolutely keep pushing that message everywhere we can. But I want to hear what else we can continue to do in the meantime between now and November, as well as what our plans will be post November, whichever way the election plays out (obviously if Democrats are lucky enough to secure Congress, taking down Trump will be a big focus, but it'd be nice to further discuss the other issues we want to tackle as well).

I just think the more we continue to sound defeated and fearful, the more we let these assholes win. And I'm beyond tired of letting them win.

I just think the more we continue to sound defeated and fearful, the more we let these assholes win. And I'm beyond tired of letting them win.

Thanks, Moonlit_Angel. I do agree we need to do a lot more than simply vote in November to change this country. But is there really any hope of changing these people? They are so knee-deep in their beliefs that it would take a lot to change them.

I'm not defeatist about this; I do have some hope. I believe younger people are going to be more centrist and left-leaning than older generations, as well as less racist and less theocratic. So I am hopeful to some degree. But in the meantime, things look scary.

Thanks, Moonlit_Angel. I do agree we need to do a lot more than simply vote in November to change this country. But is there really any hope of changing these people? They are so knee-deep in their beliefs that it would take a lot to change them.

I'm not defeatist about this; I do have some hope. I believe younger people are going to be more centrist and left-leaning than older generations, as well as less racist and less theocratic. So I am hopeful to some degree. But in the meantime, things look scary.

Oh, yeah, I don't expect to change the Trump supporters' minds, no. I agree it would take a LOT, if anything, to finally make them see reason, especially if they're STILL supporting him at this point, so people should just forget about trying to "reach out" to them right now.

I basically just want to hear more discussion among the Democrats, as well as any independents and any more moderate conservatives who also cannot stand this administration, about what all we can do together to fight back against not just Trump himself, but his supporters as well. For instance, many people plan to vote come November, but knowing there's been discussion about election hacking, is there anything we can do (or at least, anything tech-savvy people can do) to help halt or catch any potential hacking issues that may arise? Are there ways we can use social media to help squash alt-right shit like this whole Q mess and things of that sort? Can we put pressure on social media outlets to remove stuff like that? In regards to the kids at the border being drugged, is there something we can do, or organizations we can support, to make the people who allowed that be held accountable and face criminal charges? Things of that sort.

I also fully agree with you on the younger generations. I see a lot of good in their worldview, a lot of energy and determination, and I can't wait to see how they help further shape and improve our world going forward. I hope they turn out in massive numbers this fall.

I do get the fear, though, yeah. Anytime I feel that way, though, I just keep trying to remind myself of all the other horrible stuff this country, and the world at large, for that matter, has survived throughout its history. I just keep thinking, "If people made it through that, we can make it through this." And I think we will :). Let's just hope this nightmare ends as soon as humanly possible.

Every rich liberal is in a satanic pedo cult, and they serve human at their secret dinners.

I shit you not, that is these people’s world view. And they grow angrier and angrier every day that Jeff Sessions hasn’t arrested anyone yet.

Which is why I said, someone will get killed.

Pearl, Moonlit, BVS
I rarely get that fearful on the issues you are talking about (I do have other worries that can drive me up the wall).

Still, some of these people are quite scary, and I do believe someone might get killed in relationship to this whole Qanon crap. :(I

I do wonder if they are more of a subset of Trump supporters, though, rather than the whole bunch.

Listen to Public Radio they have so many different programs that give you information, or stories of people making a difference. It sure helps me!

Definitely corned about tomorrow with a Charlottesville like gathering in Portland, I think.

Last edited:
Pearl, Moonlit, BVS
I rarely get that fearful on the issues you are talking about (I do have other worries that can drive me up the wall).

Still, some of these people are quite scary, and I do believe someone might get killed in relationship to this whole Qanon crap. :(I

I do wonder if they are more of a subset of Trump supporters, though, rather than the whole bunch.

Listen to Public Radio they have so many different programs that give you information, or stories of people making a difference. It sure helps me!

Definitely corned about tomorrow with a Charlottesville like gathering in Portland, I think.

They’re definitely a subset, just like the white nationalist are a subset. But the problem is, a big chunk of his supporters believe in certain parts of both these subsets, AND they are completely silent about their dangers.

Every rich liberal is in a satanic pedo cult, and they serve human at their secret dinners.

I shit you not, that is these people’s world view. And they grow angrier and angrier every day that Jeff Sessions hasn’t arrested anyone yet.

Which is why I said, someone will get killed.

That's the main appeal of the Q conspiracy, though. They were promised that these people would be going to jail, and they haven't gone to jail. Q placates them by saying they've all already been secretly arrested and the announcements haven't come because they're still arresting more of them. It is the only way the people who believe in Pizzagate and the like can rationalize saying that Trump is still winning.

Like most things, it's the small kernels of truth peppered in with the majority batshit insanity that allows things like this to grow.

Q?

Isn't that the guy from Stat Trek Next Generation?

Now he's turning up at Trump rallies . . .

Man's got a poor sense of recreation.

No,

Its this guy...

giphy.gif

or was it this guy...

giphy.gif

Oh, look who's joined the script...

The hacking collective Anonymous is pledging to expose the people behind the "QAnon" conspiracy theory.

The anarchist hacking group slammed the QAnon conspiracy as potentially dangerous and driven by a “brainless political agenda” in a video posted Sunday to what is widely considered the most reliable Anonymous Twitter account.

“We will not sit idly by while you take advantage of the misinformed and poorly educated,” the group said in the video, which was posted with the hashtags #OpQ and #OpQAnon.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/400526-anonymous-vows-to-take-down-expose-qanon

I wonder how this would go down, if they're successful.

Well, they are right that this whole Q mess, whatever it is or whoever started it, is bullshit and pretty lame. But yeah, whether it's a genuine right-wing conspiracy group or people trolling the right, neither option is good.

I think the next administration that takes office should take heavy duty steps to stop these online conspiracies and troll accounts and whatnot from festering online. Obviously that would be a thorny as hell issue to navigate, let alone regulate, 'cause First Amendment issues and all, but seriously, something really needs to be done to crack down on this kind of nonsense.

Okay, they look silly and have quite an uphill battle in making a convincing case, but...

It also looks hysterical to suggest lives are at stake as a result of Trump apologetics gone full tin foil with Alex Jones types that we all knew existed.

I would not lump them in with neo-Nazis and Antifa, and anticipate another Charlottesville catastrophe without proof that they would substantially resort to violence to make their point or to shut down dissent.

The guy who started the California fire(s) was a complete fucking conspiracy nut. He literally believed every single conspiracy that's come out. Pizzagate, Q, some weird one about a fake government being installed in 1877 and the real government is trying to take back control....

Another man showed up at Micheal Avanttis office with a weapon because of a post he read claiming the lawyer had something to do with child sex rings

Another man, a truck driver, blocked access over a dam and wouldn't move until the government released some "report" because of some bullshit Q post.

A family that was affected by Newtown has had to move 5-7 times due to harrassment and death threats due to InfoWars claiming they were actors, and the shooting was staged.

And of course there was the man who went into the pizza parlor with a automatic rifle because of the pizzagate

You have a nation of armed citizens who believe whatever they want, and these conspiracies fuel these people even more

Back
Top Bottom