Prostitution largely voluntary shock alert - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Old 10-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i may be naive, but if prostitution was legalized wouldn't that eliminate the need for pimps? granted, i only know this stuff from what i've seen in the movies, but yeah. to advertise they could put themselves in the yellow pages! unless they were in a brothel or something it'd essentially be more self-employed people. (i gotta admit i feel a bit silly to even be posting this, since it's nothing i've ever really thought about. though i'm sure due to the number of posts i've made it doesn't seem that way!)
I think you'd see a bit more "high class" hookers being a bit more open with their business. So your mid to upper end call girls...and they'd likely have managers, similar to bar bouncers, in order to makie sure their johns kept in line. But I'm thinking your common street hookers might still want/need pimps for the same reasons they do now, and I'm not actually sure if legalizing it would eliminate that element.

Or I suppose, instead of talking out of my backside, I could take a look at what the environment's like in places where it's already legal...but that's research, and sounds too much like work

Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
the only reason government makes prostitution illegal is because it isnt getting it's cut of the profits.

and the government doesnt really want to be associated with doing buisness with pimps and hookers because there might be outcry from people that oppose prostitution, so it's easier to just make it illegal.
But it would all be worth it if we could have regular discussions/debates on raising the ass tax.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote