Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Of two daughters.

two illogical daughters?

Old 12-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #707
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:13 AM
they have both traits in them-logic and emotion.

they are a little more emotional than they are logical-but they are more logical then some men I know.

For the most part each gender of the sexes usually bring certain strengths into a marriage-and this is why GCUs will never constitute a marriage.
<>

Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #708
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:13 AM
good news

Proposition 8 must be invalidated because the amendment process cannot be used to extinguish fundamental constitutional rights without compelling justification," Brown said in a written statement.

Quote:
Brown asks state high court to overturn Prop. 8

Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, December 19, 2008
California Attorney General Jerry Brown

(12-19) 18:04 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- State Attorney General Jerry Brown, in a surprise turnabout, asked the state Supreme Court late today to overturn Proposition 8, saying the voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage violates basic rights guaranteed in the state Constitution.

Brown, whose office requires him to defend state laws unless he cannot find reasonable legal grounds to do so, said after Prop. 8 passed Nov. 4 that he would support the initiative before the state's high court.

But in a lengthy filing today, he argued that the measure was "inconsistent with the guarantees of individual liberty" in California's governing charter.

"Proposition 8 must be invalidated because the amendment process cannot be used to extinguish fundamental constitutional rights without compelling justification," Brown said.

The authors of the state Constitution, he said, did not intend "to put a group's right to enjoy liberty to a popular vote."

Hours earlier, sponsors of Prop. 8 filed arguments asking the court to uphold the ballot measure, which passed with a 52 percent majority. Andrew Pugno, attorney for the Yes on 8 campaign, said he was disappointed at Brown's stance.

"It's unfortunate that the attorney general would not do his duty to defend the will of the voters," Pugno said.

The pro-Prop. 8 brief was filed by Kenneth Starr, the former Whitewater special prosecutor and now dean of Pepperdine University law school. He argued that the court should preserve the people's lawmaking powers by upholding the initiative and invalidating 18,000 weddings performed before the election.

Prop. 8 "does not broadly seek to diminish or eliminate the constitutional or civil rights of gays and lesbians," but is simply "about restoring and maintaining the traditional definition of marriage," Starr said. Decades of legal precedents, he said, require "judges - as servants of the people, to bow to the will of those whom they serve."

The court ruled 4-3 on May 15 that California's ban on same-sex marriage violated the constitutional rights of gays and lesbians to marry the partner of their choice and discriminated on the basis of sexual orientation. Prop. 8 amended the state Constitution to overturn the ruling and declare that only marriage between a man and a woman is "valid or recognized in California."

The court is reviewing lawsuits filed by gay and lesbian couples and by an array of local governments, led by San Francisco, that contend that ballot measure exceeded the legal limits on initiatives by destroying fundamental rights and stripping judges of their authority to protect a historically persecuted minority.

Such profound changes, the plaintiffs argue, amount to a constitutional revision - not merely an amendment - and require a two-thirds legislative vote to reach the ballot.

The justices could hear the cases as early as March and would be required to rule within 90 days. Other interested parties on both sides are scheduled to submit written arguments Jan. 15.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #709
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Here we go, the OBVIOUS next step which I pointed out immediately and then was met with opposition from diamond claiming that NOBODY was taking away existing marriages. Yarite, you could smell this one a mile away.

Quote:
The sponsors of Proposition 8 asked the California Supreme Court on Friday to nullify the marriages of the estimated 18,000 same-sex couples who exchanged vows before voters approved the ballot initiative that outlawed gay unions.

The Yes on 8 campaign filed a brief arguing that because the new law holds that only marriages between a man and a woman are recognized or valid in California, the state can no longer recognize the existing same-sex unions.

"Proposition 8's brevity is matched by its clarity. There are no conditional clauses, exceptions, exemptions or exclusions," reads the brief co-written by Pepperdine University law school dean Kenneth Starr, the former independent counsel who investigated President Bill Clinton.
They are legally correct, which is also what I said at the outset.

Heckuva job, bigots!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #710
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post

For the most part each gender of the sexes usually bring certain strengths into a marriage-and this is why GCUs will never constitute a marriage.

Yes that must be why all straight marriages are so incredibly automatically successful, those gender differences. That man/woman thing is the key to success.

Each person brings certain strengths into a relationship or marriage, that is not dependent upon gender. You're honestly trying to tell me that two men and two women can't be completely different in complementary ways? Even in your logical and emotional ways theory.There are plenty of men who are more emotional than others, plenty of women who are more and less and the same goes for logic.

Drew Peterson must have just not had enough gender differences with his wives, so he had to off them. It's their fault too then, I guess. On to the next. Hey he's just looking for his most emotionally and logically complementary partner, cut him some slack.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #711
ONE
love, blood, life

man and woman is the model set by our Creator for marriage.

it is man's obligation to strive for perfecting themselves and the perfecting the model He prescribed.

free will has a way of making things interesting.

the wise on earth figure out how to exercise their free will in ways that will please their Creator the most and simutaneously bring joy to themselves.

<>
Old 12-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #712
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
the wise on earth figure out how to exercise their free will in ways that will please their Creator the most and simutaneously bring joy to themselves.

<>
Is it possible for a man to please his Creator if he's gay and wishes to marry his boyfriend?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #713
ONE
love, blood, life

I think gay ppl can find other ways to please their Creator than subvert the meaning of a word.

<>
Old 12-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #714
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:13 AM
Right, because that's really what they're trying to do.

Pretty much what I expected, dbs.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #715
She's the One

Quote:
I think gay ppl can find other ways to please their Creator than subvert the meaning of a word.

Do you have the exclusive inside information on what pleases the Creator?

Did your conduct prior to your second marriage please your Creator?
Old 12-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #716
ONE
love, blood, life

i don't purport to have all the answers, no.

and no, my personal conduct wasn't pleasing to my Creator in which I've spoken to Him about.

<>
Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #717
She's the One

Quote:
i don't purport to have all the answers, no.

And yet you're willing to deny people rights based on what you think He thinks.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #718
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

They're not trying to "subvert" anything, they are merely trying to have the right to the same codified commitment that you enjoy (with all of its' included benefits). You enjoy that right merely by happenstance of being born a straight male. You don't have to fight for it at all-think about how you'd feel if you had to fight for the right to marry your lovely wife, if you had your fellow citizens voting on that right. My Creator created all equal, that's the God I believe in.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #719
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 10:13 PM
I think its interesting about this a kid needs a mum and dad to function and become a well rounded individual. Don't most gay people have a mum and a dad? What did they do to screw them up? Leaving aside religion for a bit (which by the way is totally SUBJECTIVE to everyone and i love how someone has had a chat with god about their behaviour and thats all cool now, regardless of what you've done like a murderer getting the last rites before death and so on...oh im sure god would want you up there over a gay person but whatever)

this thing about marriage is a load of bullshit. its the same with adoption. All it is is some people who love people who are the same sex what to show their love for each other in a ceremony just like a hetro couple. They want to lavish their love and care on a child that needs that love and care. I think if people stopped hiding behind their bullshit amendment and just said what they really think and stop being so PC we could have a real fight on our hands but until then we'll just say what is right and normal and they'll speak through lies and codswallop until this prop 8 is defeated.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #720
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
And yet you're willing to deny people rights based on what you think He thinks.
?

I'm not opposed to GCUs.

<>