Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #691
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
no.

a mother =emotional attributes.
a father= logical attributes.

and I have the most empathy for single parents thru no fault of their own doing their best to play mom and dad at the same time.

<>
I'm going to state the obvious now by saying that you're making a helluva generalization, there. I'm far more logical than my daughter's father ever thought of being.

Also, you don't have to "play" at any role to raise a child on your own. What you do need to do is to be a stable, responsive, guiding, nurturing, engaged presence in your child's life. Single people from both genders are capable of that, as are couples made up of same and opposite sex partners.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #692
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
storming chruches, defacing property, desrupting traffic,spittle in the face of Believers and screaming at people is peaceful??

Clearly as in marriage there is a correct definition there is also a correct for peaceful.

<>

what websites have you been reading?

my goodness diamond, you'd think that a Mormon would be very sensitive to making sure that he doesn't let a few isolated incidents speak for the overwhelming majority of the participants.

also -- why did you use the word "believers"?

are gays not believers?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #693
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
no.

and I have the most empathy for single parents thru no fault of their own doing their best to play mom and dad at the same time.

<>

this is a good point.

we all know women are an illogical mess, total hotbeds of emotion and need men to set them straight with logic.

especially when they have PMS.

this is why women can't be president, as Brooke Hogan has so aptly explained for us:
Trash TV: Brooke Hogan Believes Periods Render Women Unfit To Be President
Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #694
Blue Crack Addict

Well we all know that McCain was always logical

Hillary was an illogical mess

I think diamond is listening to a bunch of Dr. Laura on his sick bed
Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #695
Blue Crack Supplier

what about single people who choose to be parents? not through divorce or death. but because they want to be parents and choose to do so without a partner.

are they as bad as gay parents? or even worse?

what if that single parent is gay?

discuss.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #696
Refugee

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
no.

<>
That's just typical religious wrong bullshit sweeping generalization "justification"

I sincerely hope that's the meds talking

I know more than a few illogical men and less emotional women
Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #697
Refugee

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Anyway, anarchy, chaos, force and destruction of property never sway people.

I think better methods such as peaceful demonstrations always are more successful ala MLK.

That said if any Christian religous faction that would have the most empathy for GCUs, it would be the LDS Church based on their history of discriminaion.

How does the LDS's history of practicing discrimination help them here exactly ?

Quote:
Newer Testament of Scripture on par with the and accepted established cannon of scripture,
And this is why the "real" Christians will never accept you, they will never accept that.

C'mon, show them the plates !!!!

Oh wait, that's right..........how convenient and all...........

I'll be back in January, tell you I saw Nessie but somehow all cameras of all my family members will fail at the same time, you'll just have to trust me !
Old 12-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #698
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
That's just typical religious wrong bullshit sweeping generalization "justification"
I don't think it has anything to do with religion
Old 12-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #699
Blue Crack Addict

I thought it was great when Anderson Cooper made the comment last night that no one was voting down Drew Peterson's right to marry. Think about that one..One dead wife, one missing(we all know she's dead) And he's walking around, engaged. Still married to his missing (dead) wife. Probably killed her.

Romantic link to Peterson a shock
Friends, family of 23-year-old woman reeling over reports

By Erika Slife and Mary Owen | Tribune reporters
December 19, 2008

Friends and family of Christina Raines were still reeling from the shock Thursday that she could be Drew Peterson's fiance.

"She should think before she gets into something she can't get out of," said 54-year-old Joe Raines of Minnesota, who said he was Raines' uncle. "She needs to find somebody else. Nothing good is going to come out of this."

Raines, 23, was identified this week as the latest love interest of Peterson, a 54-year-old former Bolingbrook police sergeant who is still married to his missing wife, Stacy.

Investigators have named Peterson the sole suspect in Stacy Peterson's October 2007 disappearance. She also was 23 when she was last seen.

If Raines—who couldn't be reached Thursday—is engaged to Peterson, it would be at least his sixth fiance. If they married, she would be the fifth Mrs. Drew Peterson.

Peterson declined to discuss his engagement, which was confirmed by his publicist. Sources named Raines as his betrothed. Raines denied the relationship to the Sun-Times.

Raines' former boyfriend of five years, Tony Yauk, said he saw a ring on her finger, and he knows Raines and Peterson have been friendly for years.

"I didn't think it was true," said Yauk, 26, the father of her two children, ages 4 and 5. "But I just got done talking to her face to face and I think it's true."

Authorities are investigating Stacy Peterson's disappearance as a "potential homicide." They're also reinvestigating the 2004 death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in an empty bathtub.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #700
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I thought it was great when Anderson Cooper made the comment last night that no one was voting down Drew Peterson's right to marry. Think about that one..One dead wife, one missing(we all know she's dead) And he's walking around, engaged. Still married to his missing (dead) wife. Probably killed her.

5,000 years of tradition, Mrs. S.

5,000 years.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #701
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
no.

<>
That's one of the most sexist things I've read on this forum...seriously some people here are massive bigots, who need to learn that their sexist homophobic attitudes are just wrong.

Diamond are you a father? Because you just failed at showing logical attributes...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #702
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
That's one of the most sexist things I've read on this forum...seriously some people here are massive bigots, who need to learn that their sexist homophobic attitudes are just wrong.

Diamond are you a father? Because you just failed at showing logical attributes...

5,000 years of tradition, Irishteen.

5,000 years
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #703
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

5,000 years
Forced weddings to people you don't know and polygamy? Well if that's what he wants he has an argument but last time I checked the one man one woman of your choice thing is relatively new. Like marrying someone of a different race.

Okay...I'm freaking out a little, I'm having a bad day and I'm definitely not in the mood for annoying bigotry. *Goes back to lurking FYM*
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #704
She's the One

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Diamond are you a father?
Of two daughters.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #705
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Forced weddings to people you don't know and polygamy? Well if that's what he wants he has an argument but last time I checked the one man one woman of your choice thing is relatively new. Like marrying someone of a different race.

5,000 years.

don't fall for the non-Christian lie that marriage has evolved over thousands of years, because it hasn't. it's still a mommy and a daddy who love their children. that's what it was in the time of Moses, that's what it was in the time of Jesus, that' what it was in the time of Charlemagne, and that's what it should still mean today and that's why we have to strip people of rights and denigrate gay people.

so that we have marriages today that are exactly the same as they were 5,000 years ago.