Professor arrested for having sex with his 24 year old daughter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What has this world come to when consensual incest is being decriminalized? Obviously, those who do this have mental and social problems, and society is expected to turn a blind eye to it?

Well I think the point is, that if it's "mental and social problems", then why prosecute it criminally?

Do we prosecute all "mental and social problems"?

I think it should be prosecuted for the sake of the those involved, so they could be straightened out and be able to have healthy relationships with someone not of their immediate family. I don't believe they should be sentenced to prison because they won't get the help they need.

The way I see it, if you're engaging in incest, you have trouble establishing relationships with other people, and that makes you very immature and undeveloped in so many ways.

ETA: Now, I know you're thinking if we prosecute those committing incest, then we should prosecute everyone who is (allegedly) mentally ill. Maybe I haven't thought all this out, but just the idea of people shrugging off consensual incest because it "doesn't effect society'' (with the exception of making people's stomachs turn) and "its no one's business" bothers me.

Back
Top Bottom