Problem Solved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Here’s a plan lots of folks could get behind!!!

================================

I’m against the $85 BILLION bailout of AIG. Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a “We Deserve It” dividend. To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000 bona fide U.S. citizens, aged 18+.

Our population is about 301 million counting every man, woman and child. So, 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. Now, divide 200 million, 18+ adults into $85 billon - that equals $425,000.00 each! Yes, my plan is to give that $425,000 to every adult as a “We Deserve It” dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So, let’s assume a tax rate of 30%. Every recipient would pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25.5 billion right back to Uncle Sam! It also means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife would have $595,000.00!

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595, 000.00?

· Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved

· Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads

· Put away money f or college – it’ll really be there

· Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs

· Buy a new car – create jobs

· Invest in the market – capital drives growth

· Pay for your parent’s medical insurance – health care improves

· Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U.S. citizen, 18 and older (including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehmann Brothers and every other company that is cutting back) and of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it! Instead of trickling out a puny $1,000. (“Republican vote buy”) economic incentive.

If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult U.S. citizen!!

As for AIG – liquidate it.

· Sell off its parts.

· Let American General go back to being American General.

· Sell off the real estate.

· Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

We deserve the money and AIG doesn’t. Sure it’s a crazy idea, but can you imagine the coast-to-coast block party?!

How do you spell Economic Boom? W-e D-e-s-e-r-v-e I-t d-i-v-i-d-e-n-d!

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion “We Deserve It” dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington, D.C.

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 billion because $25.5 billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

A blog I like put up this response to the GOP proposal

communism_its_a_party.jpg

:lol:

I hope you don't teach maths.

$85b divided by 200 million is $425 each, not $425,000.

And someone didn't understand the importance of a functioning interbank-lending system as well.

it goes to show you the average person cannot wrap their brain around the bredth, width and scope of this problem.

all is not well in paradise, folks.

<>

it goes to show you the average person cannot wrap their brain around the bredth, width and scope of this problem.

all is not well in paradise, folks.

<>

Well, I do think that once numbers reach a certain level, they become almost meaningless, not just for average people but even for financial whizkids.

Sorry, just got it in an email. THought is fun, posted it. I did not check it for math. Nice dig Financeguy.

Our population is about 301 million counting every man, woman and child. So, 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. Now, divide 200 million, 18+ adults into $85 billion - that equals $425,000.00 each!

85 billion divided by 200 million does equal 425,000

425,000 is a correct answer

I’m against the $85 BILLION bailout of AIG. Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a “We Deserve It” dividend. To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000 bona fide U.S. citizens, aged 18+.

Our population is about 301 million counting every man, woman and child. So, 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. Now, divide 200 million, 18+ adults into $85 billon - that equals $425,000.00 each! Yes, my plan is to give that $425,000 to every adult as a “We Deserve It” dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So, let’s assume a tax rate of 30%. Every recipient would pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25.5 billion right back to Uncle Sam! It also means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife would have $595,000.00!

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595, 000.00?

· Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved

· Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads

· Put away money f or college – it’ll really be there

· Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs

· Buy a new car – create jobs

· Invest in the market – capital drives growth

· Pay for your parent’s medical insurance – health care improves

· Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U.S. citizen, 18 and older (including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehmann Brothers and every other company that is cutting back) and of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it! Instead of trickling out a puny $1,000. (“Republican vote buy”) economic incentive.

If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult U.S. citizen!!

As for AIG – liquidate it.

· Sell off its parts.

· Let American General go back to being American General.

· Sell off the real estate.

· Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

We deserve the money and AIG doesn’t. Sure it’s a crazy idea, but can you imagine the coast-to-coast block party?!

How do you spell Economic Boom? W-e D-e-s-e-r-v-e I-t d-i-v-i-d-e-n-d!

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion “We Deserve It” dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington, D.C.

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 billion because $25.5 billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

If I was a U.S. citizen and could vote guess what?

I'D VOTE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applaud:

85,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 = 425.

85 billion (short scale) divided by 200 million does equal 425

a correct equation :shrug:

as is

85,000,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 = 425,000

85 billion (long scale) divided by 200 million does equal 425,000

Long scale countries

1,000,000 = one million, 1,000,000,000 = one milliard / thousand million, 100,0000,000,000 = one billion, 1,000,000,000,000,000 = one billiard / thousand billion, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 = one trillion, etc.

The traditional long scale is used by most Continental European countries and by most other countries whose languages derive from Continental Europe (with the notable exceptions of Greece and Brazil).

Andorra (Catalan: miliard or typ. mil milions, bilió)
Argentina (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Austria (Austrian German: Milliarde, Billion)
Belgium (French: milliard, billion; Dutch: miljard, biljoen; German: Milliarde, Billion)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Serbian: милијарда milijarda, Билион bilion; Croatian: milijarda, bilijun)
Canada (Quebec French-speaking: milliard, billion)
Chile (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Colombia (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Costa Rica (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Croatia (milijarda, bilijun)
Czech Republic (miliarda, bilion)
Denmark (milliard, billion)
Dominican Republic (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Ecuador (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
El Salvador (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Finland (Finnish: miljardi, biljoona; Swedish: miljard, biljon)
France (French: milliard, billion; Catalan: miliard or typ. mil milions, bilió)
Germany (Milliarde, Billion)
Guatemala (Spanish: millardo, billón)
Hungary (milliárd, billió or ezer milliárd)
Iceland (milljarður, billjón)
Italy (miliardo, bilione [17])
Liechtenstein (Alemannic German: )
Luxembourg (Luxembourgish: milliard, billioun; French: milliard, billion; German: Milliarde, Billion)
Mexico (Spanish: mil millones or millardo, billón)
Monaco (French: milliard, billion)
Netherlands (miljard, biljoen)
Norway (milliard, billion)
Paraguay (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Peru (Spanish: mil millones, billón)
Poland (miliard, bilion)
Portugal (mil milhões or milhar de milhões, bilião)
Romania (miliard, bilion)
Serbia (милијарда milijarda, Билион bilion)
Slovakia (miliarda, bilión)
Slovenia (milijarda, bilijon)
South Africa (Afrikaans: miljard, biljoen)
Spain (Spanish: millardo or typ. mil millones, billón; Catalan: miliard or typ. mil milions, bilió)
Sweden (miljard, biljon)
Switzerland (French: milliard, billion; German: Milliarde, Billion; Italian: miliardo, bilione)
Uruguay (Spanish: mil millones or millar, billón)
Venezuela(Spanish: mil millones or millardo, billón)

Golly, deep, you raise a great point! Let's invest our $85billion US dollars into Andorra and make a 1000x profit! :hyper:

Golly, deep, you raise a great point! Let's invest our $85billion US dollars into Andorra and make a 1000x profit! :hyper:

I don't know who did the original math to get 425,000.

That equation may have been used as the source for the email example.

It just shines a little light on what might have happened.

This thread made me recall that there are two different numbering scales.

Dear American:
I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship with a transfer of funds of great magnitude. I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of 800 billion dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be most profitable to you.
I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be my replacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you may know him as the leader of the American banking deregulation movement in the 1990s. This transaction is 100% safe.
This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.
Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to wallstreetbailout@treasury.gov so that we may transfer your commission for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect the funds.
Yours Faithfully Minister of Treasury Henry Paulson
Nigerian E-mail scam? Nope. It's the Paulson bailout. Seriously. | L.A. Land | Los Angeles Times

Back
Top Bottom