Pro-tax Occupation Protests Held Across U.S. (O.W.S. Thread) - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:38 AM
That's a very pretty Jesus. I give him a ten out of ten for outfit and overall presentation. Good sign too.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
You're right. That must have been burning oregano I smelled, ya know, when I was there. Three times to date.

Did I ever once say everyone down there was a bunch if stoned college kids looking for a good time?

No.

I said that the sheer number of that element is so massive down there that it mutes and hurts those who are actually making rational points.

So why don't you get your own head out of your ass and stop just assuming that anyone which dares to criticize a large and obvious element in that protest must be some privileged well to do right wing tea party felating douchebag.
It wasn't a 'large obvious element' when I was down there.

You must be one of those "independents" that disagree with everything but whatever Fox News is spewing

Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Given the fact that Headache has actually been down there with the protestors in person (and multiple times), I don't think you're really in a position to be correcting him on what's going on.

Furthermore, the "get your head out of your ass" comment does nothing to further the discussion and is needlessly condescending. It would be great if you could skip the insults from here on out.
He's not the only one that lives near the protests you know.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #154
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:38 PM
you're not helping yourself.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
that makes no sense
What about it does not make sense? I'm pretty well versed in the economics of my university.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved1998 View Post
You must be one of those "independents" that disagree with everything but whatever Fox News is spewing
wow.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved1998 View Post
It wasn't a 'large obvious element' when I was down there.

You obviously know nothing about Headache. You seem quite lost by this whole thread, honestly.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #158
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved1998
Apparently you didn't catch my previous comment. Unnecessarily condescending (and wildly inaccurate) comments like this do nothing to further the discussion. Please refrain from insulting others.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
You obviously know nothing about Headache. You seem quite lost by this whole thread, honestly.

You're right, I don't know anything about him, but I'm not lost by the thread. I just disagree with his assertion that the movement consists of college potheads that have no idea why they are down there. They know why they're there. I've been there too. Just because a bunch of yoyos are sitting around a drum circle or people have stupid signs, it doesn't minimize the message that the vast majority are trying to get across. Besides, people smoke up at U2 shows. Does that mean Bono's activism can be safely disregarded? It's not just college kids down there, it's people from all walks of life. People are tired of the direction this country is taking and just because one person smelled weed, doesn't mean the movement and their message is any less poignant.

As for my fox news comment, he sounds just like my brother and father who are avid watchers of that channel.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Meet the Guy Who Snitched on Occupy Wall Street to the FBI and NYPD

The right doesn't like the movement and are resorting to anything to try to discredit it. You can draw your own conclusions.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

99% vs. the 1%. Granted it's easier to write on a sign but is anyone else nostalgic for proletariat vs. bourgeoisie?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #162
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
99% vs. the 1%. Granted it's easier to write on a sign but is anyone else nostalgic for proletariat vs. bourgeoisie?

not particularly, but then, i'm not nostalgic for the wealth inequality of 1929 either.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #163
Blue Crack Supplier

proving, once and for all, that regulations kill economic growth and that if you love markets then you need to set them free, and Obama's not an American, and Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be in jail.

Quote:
Bank Of America Earnings Report: Bank Sees $6.2 Billion Profit

Bank of America earned billions of dollars in profits last quarter, even as banking officials expressed concern recently about the effects of new regulations on their bottom line.

The largest bank by assets reported third quarter gains of $6.2 billion, compared to a $7.3 billion loss during the same quarter last year. The boost in profits came largely from an accounting gain and the pre-tax benefits from the sale of its stake in a Chinese bank.

The increase in profits comes after Bank of America roiled customers by announcing that it will start charging customers $5 per month to use their debit cards for purchases in 2012. Shortly after the bank announced the fee, Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan defended it, saying that the bank “has a right to make a profit.”

Moynihan and other banking officials have said that they need to start charging fees on debit cards and checking accounts for once-free services to recoup the revenue they expect to lose as a result of financial reform regulations -- including a cap on the debit card swipe fee banks charge merchants -- passed as part of the Dodd-Frank act.

Bank of America isn’t the only bank adding new fees. Wells Fargo announced in August that it would test a $3 debit card fee this fall, while Citibank said earlier this month that it would start charging certain customers a $20 fee for low account balances.

President Barack Obama criticized the banks for the slew of fees in an interview with ABC News earlier this month, saying that they don’t “have some inherent right just to, you know, get a certain amount of profit” if their “customers are being mistreated.”

"Banks can make money," he said in the interview. "They can succeed, the old-fashioned way, by earning it."

The fees are already pushing some customers away from traditional banks. The nation’s largest credit union reported that the volume of new account openings was more than 20 percent above normal the weekend after Bank of America announced the debit card fee.

Bank Of America Earnings Report: Bank Sees $6.2 Billion Profit
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Citibank said earlier this month that it would start charging certain customers a $20 fee for low account balances.

where is the logic??

Louis CK on Bank Fees - YouTube
Old 10-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #165
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge

where is the logic??

Louis CK on Bank Fees - YouTube
Why do you hate capitalism?