Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
so you've seen a pro-life video or two?

ever seen a woman bleed to death from a botched abortion?
a women would not have bled to death if the baby had been born.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShootist View Post
Um, false... you have to be informed enough to realize there are complications sometimes and that women die, right?

Old 10-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:56 PM
Quote:
Oh come on!!! This is rubbish! a) If she had fair access to abortions she could have had it done safely and not died. b) If she carried it to term, she may still have died giving birth which would be the ultimately trgedy she dies, and the baby has to live without its mother
Old 10-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It is queer how people that are pro-abortion are anti-death penalty, and vice versa...and people that believe in banning cigarette smoking are for legalizing the smoking of Marijuana...vice versa. The list of inconsistencies goes on.

The truth is people only support their own self interests, which people loathe to admit; due to the fact they have been taught from childhood to be ashamed of self interest. I believe “self interest” is the noblest of causes to fight for. It is the root of all mans God given freedoms.
Can I ask: Judging by your name, you are someone who believe in people's access to firearms? Well, your statement above would be the ultimate hypocrisy. You are ok with dangerous people having ready access to firearms and committing mass murder like all f the school shootings, or killing people like my avatar, Mr Lennon, yet aborting an undeveloped, and pre-human fetus is a problem for you?

Sort out your own back yard before you start tlling others how to keep theirs
Old 10-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Oh come on!!! This is rubbish! a) If she had fair access to abortions she could have had it done safely and not died. b) If she carried it to term, she may still have died giving birth which would be the ultimately trgedy she dies, and the baby has to live without its mother
you are against the ropes, and you resort to a limited case in which the life of a woman hangs in the balance. I thought this was an argument for the case of convenience?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
you are against the ropes, and you resort to a limited case in which the life of a woman hangs in the balance. I thought this was an argument for the case of convenience?
hahaha, against the ropes! You are nothing if not funny.

I am relating your inane comments back to the topic at hand. I am trying to keep you on topic, because we are talking about mortalities giving birth, contraception and the negligible effect of placing restrictions on abortions, not whether you want to pontificate about seeing aborted fetuses.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #22
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Can I ask: Judging by your name, you are someone who believe in people's access to firearms? Well, your statement above would be the ultimate hypocrisy. You are ok with dangerous people having ready access to firearms and committing mass murder like all f the school shootings, or killing people like my avatar, Mr Lennon, yet aborting an undeveloped, and pre-human fetus is a problem for you?

Sort out your own back yard before you start tlling others how to keep theirs
If you cannot fight for your own self interests, then what good are you fighting for anyone else?

Yes, I believe in the right to bare arms. How do you think America became the most orderly civilization in history?

I gotta go now. I was nice debating with you.

I am quite aware of who John Lennon is. I only saw the Beatles movie "HELP" at the movie theater, when it was first released, as a kid.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
If you cannot fight for your own self interests, then what good are you fighting for anyone else?

Yes, I believe in the right to bare arms. How do you think America became the most orderly civilization in history?

I gotta go now. I was nice debating with you.

I am quite aware of who John Lennon is. I only saw the Beatles movie "HELP" at the movie theater, when it was first released, as a kid.
I think claiming America is the most orderly civilisation in history simply because of firearms is a HUGE stretch. Imagine if they hadn't been killing each other how orderly it'd be! Doesn't your constitution state that people have the right to bare arms when forming an urban militia, rather than to take into schools and murder students? Didn't you watch Bullet the Blue Sky on the Boston DVD? Guns are the single dumbest thing in the world. You wouldn't need them to protect yourself if others didnt have them either. I come form a country where we have incredibly strict gun restrictions. The number of times you hear of shootings is probably once a year, maybe less.

Re the first line of your post, that is such a cop out. You cant challenge me like that, then when I do the same, justify it simply because you believe it
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #24
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Interesting, I've never this person.
me either. i don't like cigarettes, but then again i don't like pot either. but it's their own bodies, if someone wants to smoke either one i don't care. as long as i don't have to choke while i'm eating in a public restaurant (which i don't as smoking's banned everywhere but 21+ bars).

as for abortion, well, i like knowing i have the option should i need it.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
I thought this was an argument for the case of convenience?
Talk about assumptions & generalizations! Who in this thread has said a word about abortion as a "convenience" - except you?

Here's the way I felt about it when I could have gotten pregnant & the way I still feel about it now that childbirth is no longer a physical option for me: I hoped I would never find myself in the position of being pregnant & having to make the decision to go forward with an abortion. But if I had, I would have wanted to know that there was a safe, legal facility that I could go to. Would it be emotionally draining? Certainly. Would it be physically painful? Possibly. Would it haunt me later? Likely. But it would be MY decision & MY choice and MY burden to bear. Same as the women who've already had abortions have to deal with their own decision & consquences.

Do I agree with 'convenience' abortions (to use your term)? No - if you find yourself in the position to ever need more than one abortion in your life, you either have some very extinuating circumstances or you need to keep your clothes on until you learn how to take PREcautions. But that's just my opinion - it doesn't grant me authority to tell another woman she shouldn't do so.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:35 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 PM
My best friend's mother almost aborted him because it was convenient and his father left when he found out he'd knocked her up. Everyone tried to convince her to abort him. She almost did. It'd just been legalized. Needless to say, he's glad things turned out the way they did, even though he had a very difficult, sometimes loveless childhood. I don't generally respond to these threads because sometimes the reasoning for pro-choice is smarter--but fuck all reason when emotions on things like this get involved. I wouldn't have my best friend. He is very pro-life, knowing this. How many other extremely good friends might we all have had? I guess the logic states that if people grow up in a difficult, sometimes loveless environment, they will be (depressed? criminals? dregs?) a sad state. My best friend turned out pretty good coming from that background. I'm rambling like an idiot now, though. This sort of thing is never black and white or even gray. It's reason, emotion, and perception.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #27
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliEnvy View Post
Fair enough, can you be more specific about what you found biased or missing?
Any reply with the missing information yet?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #28
Neon Zebra

Quote:
You would change your mind in a heartbeat, if you witnessed an abortion, in which the fetus's heart slowly stops as it gasps for breath.
How does a fetus gasp for breath?

A fetus does not breathe until it is born.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #29
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:

DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Get it?

It's an orderly with Bare Arms.

Too soon?

Sicy, no need to add.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Any reply with the missing information yet?

Bah, maybe got lost in the ensuing cock-waving, dick fight.