Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Does nude automatically = "sexualized"?
No, but I think that all of the celebrity images in the original article definitely are. And the "shock" value of, say, Demi Moore cover probably stemmed from the fact that pregnant women - especially heavily pregnant women - are not traditionally sexualised in our media.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:54 AM
I think the "shock" value came from the fact that you never saw any images like that of pregnant women, famous or not. If that was done it was in private for private consumption. Or it was in more obscure venues, not on the cover of a mainstream magazine.

Now you see more pregnant women in bikinis, etc. It seems to be more acceptable for pregnant women to show off their bodies- to have that option, I think that's great. Of course some women don't want to do that and that's their choice, it's all about freedom and choice. And some people still think the pregnant body is "fat" and "gross". Just read some of the comments on the original article. I don't think it's just the level of the Pop Eater reader, I think plenty of people might feel that way.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracene View Post
No, but I think that all of the celebrity images in the original article definitely are.
This, though I was commenting less on the pictures themselves than I was on the comments posted on the site, all of which seemed to say "Oh, gross, we don't need to see that, disgusting," etc. As if the only nudity worth seeing is hypersexualized, stick-figure lingerie models. Doesn't anyone go to museums anymore?

And I do think that glowing pictures of (photoshopped? airbrushed?) pregnant models and actresses (many of whom have trainers) present another idealized portrait of physicalization that the average pregnant woman would have trouble living up to.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I say the Hell with celebrity pregnant nude shots! That shit is played out. I want to see celebrity pregnant sex tapes! Yeah baby!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:54 AM
LOL, I'm actually surprised nobody's thought of that yet. But please, don't give anyone any ideas. Celebrity sex tapes are another trend that needs to die, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracene View Post
My friend, who is a very active person, was very tired with her pregnancy in the last few months as she got bigger and bigger and couldn't be as active as she always was. It wasn't -the- reason she looked forward to giving birth, but it sure was a big factor. I suppose many women look forward to having kids but don't necessarily think that pregnancy is all that wonderful.
Oh, I don't doubt that. And if it's a struggle for you for health reasons, or if you're an active person and the pregnancy has affected that some, I fully understand looking forward to it ending so you can get back to normal in that regard.

I just get annoyed when I hear women talk about wanting to get back their "figure" after they're pregnant, when they talk about wanting to look hot again or something along that line. Like Kate Gosselin getting that tummy tuck so she could get her figure back after having eight kids (what exactly did you expect would happen to your body when you had that many children?). It just strikes me as kind of shallow.

Angela
Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:54 AM
I dunno. Having a baby changes your life in a multitude of irreversible ways.

Maybe for some women, trying to reclaim control over their own body is a natural response to a universe of changes, or to have at least one aspect of their "old" life back.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
I say the Hell with celebrity pregnant nude shots! That shit is played out. I want to see celebrity pregnant sex tapes! Yeah baby!
Why not combine the two?

Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Old 04-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #39
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

yikes.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #40
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Yes. That should be the biggest reason to look forward to giving birth. To get your body back. I understand in a sense what she's saying here, but that kinda came off as a little...shallow?
I don't see it as shallow at all. It's not even about whether someone is good with pregnancy or not. The toll that weight takes on you, which is gained within a 4-6 month period, is massive. I dont want this to sound patronising, because we've all heard the tolls of pregnancies and common sense enough can tell you that, yeah, it's rough etc, but it's such a severe change in such a short time and honestly, it hurts. Every aspect of your life is constantly reminded of this bulk. You are so cumbersome and there is no relief until bub is born. It's got nothing to do with wanting your body back as such, but more wanting a simple set of stairs to not be mt. kosciusko, and sleep to just no longer be hard to do!.

I'm personally spo over pregnancies and anyone else being pregnant that I'm probably an utter bitch about it, lol. I just couldn't care, so long as everything is healthy then I don't want to hear it. And as someone said above, A stor perhaps, Celebs are so over-conceited, who wants to feed that? Not me. I don't care about famous people generally anyway, and when they suffer pregnancy then I can only muster a snarky "ha, suck shit" in their general direction.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Arizona Grocery Store Deems Jessica Simpson's Pregnant Belly Too Lewd to Be Seen
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

who cares???

piss, piss (let the pissing contest begin)

Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Oh, Arizona, how cute you're being with all your constant controversies lately .
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

So one person in Arizona who happens to work at a grocery store doesn't think it's appropriate?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Her stomach and belly button are so photo-shopped in that pic it doesn't even look real at all!