Poor Sarah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, that interview with Couric had me laughing pretty hard.

it's not her fault for completely being out of her league, it's McCain's fault for picking her.

Did the woman not have the option of saying "no" to accepting the VP nomination?

If she doesn't know she's in over her head, if she honestly thinks she's ready to be president if McCain dies, then she's delusional. I don't want a delusional person on the election ballot.

That's why I reckon she will be eaten alive in the upcoming vice presidential debate-

Sarah Palin: Governor of Alaska, completely out of her depth in this campaign and whose only foreign policy experience was that she "lives near Russia"

Joe Biden: Senator for 36 years, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a political veteran who knows the ins and outs of Washinton and international politics.

Yeah, I know who I have my money on...

All I have to say is the VP debate will be interesting. IMO Biden's not much better than Palin. At best he can talk his way out of a paper bag. Palin--not so much.

Maybe they're going for the pity factor. If she gets trounced too badly, Biden might come out looking like a bully and people might actually feel sorry for Palin.

Yeah, he’s got to be careful. You know the McCain camp and their PR dept at places like Fox are all ready now to jump if Biden attacks and/or the moderator tries to reign in her rambling nonsense – sexist bullies, you know. The smart plan would be to make sure his answers are as to the point and calmly delivered as possible, and pretty much leave her completely alone. *Hopefully* people will see the difference without having to point it out, but then from this distance it seems stupidity is passable in US politics.

The problem may be that she seems to be okay at memorizing coached lines, snappy sound bites. Where she falls apart in these interviews is in any follow up question. She can remember the slogan, just doesn’t know what it all means. So if he gives her a kind of free reign and she’s not being challenged at all, just given extensive opportunites to spit out the slogans she remembers, he’s got to somehow guide her into deeper waters with his answers, but do it without directly challenging her. Somehow in his answer change the nature of the question or discussion, somehow lead the moderator to ask a follow up or put something out there that she simply can’t let pass. Once she's away from the coached and memorised soundbite, frankly, she's fucked.

Anyway, it’s not going to be easy for him. He can’t just go out there and pound her into the ground the way everybody hopes. He’s got to make her look stupid, but she has to go there on her own.

Back
Top Bottom