Poll:Bush Pulls Even With Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is honestly a debate? Seriously? Obama's presidency has had its problems, no question, but to debate whether or not he's doing better than Bush, that I do not understand. At all. I can't believe the percentages are that close.

Anyone in the "blue-collar demographic" who votes for the Republicans honestly believing they'll take on and properly solve the problems Obama's having difficulty handling are dreaming, plain and simple.

Angela

Amazed at the ability of some to look at the Bush administration with rose-tinted lenses.

I mean seriously, what the fuck?

Even the really, really, really bad stuff Obama has done/continued (legal, executive branch power stuff that folks like "The iron horse" don't pay attention to) is an issue due to the Bush administration.

I'm just reeling in the taxes and the hope and change.

Obama has cut taxes as part of the stimulus. you have no new taxes.

i'm sure that people have convinced you that you do, but you don't.

and you won't, even if Obama has his way and repeals the clearly unaffordable Bush tax cuts, because i'm pretty sure you don't make over $250,000 a year as a middle school teacher.

so no new taxes for you. none.

Obama has cut taxes as part of the stimulus. you have no new taxes.

and you won't, even if Obama has his way and repeals the clearly unaffordable Bush tax cuts, because i'm pretty sure you don't make over $250,000 a year as a middle school teacher.

so no new taxes for you. none.
shh, we can't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

This seems to be what's driving this Tea Party movement, most of those yelling are not effected. But if you have Becks and Hannitys yelling at you enough you just start to believe what you hear. It reminds me of a poster in here that got all excited about her Tea Party rally, went on and on about taxes and not ONE of her answers were correct. She had seen not one tax increase yet she was ready to rail against a lie.

This poster, has seen not one tax increase(except maybe on his cigarettes) and he can't come up with any tangible discussion worthy example of government being intrusive in his choices. BUT, the sources he follows will write an article about how tax dollar programs are banning foods in hope that some won't read past the headline and start getting angry that the government has banned something.

departing Gov. Jennifer Granholm nails it:

Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm of Michigan, a Democrat who cannot seek re-election because of term limits, said it was ironic that the Democratic agenda might be rejected in this political climate. She suggested that Republicans’ advocacy of cuts — to education, optional Medicaid coverage and prisons, for instance — would only leave people feeling less secure.

“What I think many people are suffering from is a case of acute impatience,” Ms. Granholm said. “They want a quick fix. And they can’t stand the uncertainty that they find themselves in today. And they figure that any change is better than the status quo.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/11/us/politics/11govs.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp

Back
Top Bottom