Political Compass Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Economic Left/Right 0.88
Authoritarian/Libertarian -0.72

So, purpleoscar, the liberals' bete noire on this forum, the punch-bag for the likes of BVS and Anitram, is, in fact, as it turns out, only very slightly to the right on economic issues, and left leaning on the libertian-authoritarian front.

Hilarious. :lol:

Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77

I took this awhile back and I was extremely moderate (lib/auth within 1 point of 0 and right leaning by several points). It's funny how my views have changed as I have aged and done more research. I was always told that with age I'd get more conservative/rightist.

This chart really seems to show the illusion of political choice in america, haha:
internationalchart.png

Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.56

Just like the last few times this thread has cropped up over the years. I really don't think of myself as that radical either.

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

Imagine if you hadn't answered strongly disagree for "Possessing marijuana for personal use should not be a criminal offence."

I answered strongly agree, actually.

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

The one thing we all appear to have in common is that none of us are authoritarian. Whether left or right, we don't want anyone telling us what to do!

I thought you were passionately anti-drugs.

I also laughed thinking of your response when I got to "In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

I thought you were passionately anti-drugs.

Meh. I mean, I don't like them but I doubt I'm going to go around telling people what to do these days.

I also laughed thinking of your response when I got to "In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

I voted strongly disagree. I don't see what's so funny about what I voted for that statement?

I answered strongly agree, actually.

I did, too. My thoughts are the same as Vlad's on that issue.

And I think if people have a serious drug problem, they should be in rehab, not in jail. Unless they committed a crime like murder or rape or something of that sort while under the influence of drugs. Then they should be in jail, but be convicted for the murder or rape, not the drug use.

Meh. I mean, I don't like them but I doubt I'm going to go around telling people what to do these days.

I voted strongly disagree. I don't see what's so funny about what I voted for that statement?

You are by far the most left-leaning person I've ever come across, online or "in real life". I mean didn't you once say something like you dislike every government in the world? I get a caricature in my head, I laugh, don't take it personally. :)

So, purpleoscar, the liberals' bete noire on this forum, the punch-bag for the likes of BVS and Anitram, is, in fact, as it turns out, only very slightly to the right on economic issues, and left leaning on the libertian-authoritarian front.

Yes that gay marriage stuff has moved me to the left. There was some nuance in the agree/disagree vs. strongly agree/disagree that might not be taken into account. If there were more questions about climate change and bailouts I think it would look a little different. :lol: I also wonder about the racism questions and who the test attributes that to.

I did, too. My thoughts are the same as Vlad's on that issue.

And I think if people have a serious drug problem, they should be in rehab, not in jail. Unless they committed a crime like murder or rape or something of that sort while under the influence of drugs. Then they should be in jail, but be convicted for the murder or rape, not the drug use.

Agreed.

You are by far the most left-leaning person I've ever come across, online or "in real life". I mean didn't you once say something like you dislike every government in the world? I get a caricature in my head, I laugh, don't take it personally. :)

Haha, yeah, my mistake. You're right. :lol:

There's a FAQ on the site that I recommend reading before you take the test. It explains everything and why the questions are worded the way they are.

financeguy said:

WTF?

I've actually had very good discussions with purpleoscar, particularly on matters of Canadian politics that you and most others don't care about. I don't appreciate your comment.

That's more like it! :giggle:

Political test - The great site for testing and comparing your political alignments - free of charge and independent!

You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 58 percent are more extremist than you.

133550_eng.jpg

Haha! F&*% you ecological extremists :down: I'm going to eat some beef :up:

133550_eng.jpg

Ordoliberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ordoliberalism is a German variant of neoliberalism that emphasises the need for the state to ensure that the free market produces results close to its theoretical potential.

Ordoliberal ideals (with modifications) drove the creation of the post-World War II German social market economy and its attendant Wirtschaftswunder. In the beginning, many Ordoliberals called themselves Neoliberals to separate themselves from old school classical liberalism. However, ordoliberals promoted the concept of the social market economy, and this concept promotes a strong role for the state with respect to the market, which is in many ways different from the ideas who are nowadays connected with the term neoliberalism.

Friedrich Hayek is also frequently classified as an ordoliberal

Back
Top Bottom