Polish prez Lech Kaczynski dies in plane crash - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathiu View Post
the place is in the middle of nowhere, with no "real" airport and not that many alternative ways of traveling there.
many more "of the top brass" traveled there by train or car the day before, but that's also not easy since they had to travel trough Belarus where with Lukashenko as the prezident there's alot of diplomatic tension between our countries...
And the aircraft being used was a Soviet Tu-154 or something like that.

I guess the outcome would've been different if the plane had decided to land in Minsk as the air traffic controllers advised them to.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Tomorrow (April 12) will be a national day of mourning in Russia.

__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #18
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathiu View Post
the place is in the middle of nowhere, with no "real" airport and not that many alternative ways of traveling there.
many more "of the top brass" traveled there by train or car the day before, but that's also not easy since they had to travel trough Belarus where with Lukashenko as the prezident there's alot of diplomatic tension between our countries...
I am also sorry for your country's tragic loss.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 04:49 AM
what a tragedy! something i'd like to read more about is why the pilots ignored the towers repeated messages not to land, especially since they'd tried twice before with no luck.
I feel for the president's daughter lost both her father and mother to it
__________________
dazzlingamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 06:49 PM
The voice recorders will hopefully help to find out more what happened in the cockpit before.
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:49 AM
When this happened, I thought about all the ramifications, could this have been more than an accident?

who is benefited by the aftermath?

but, as more time goes by, I am thinking it was an accident.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 06:49 PM
So far there have not been any signs whatsoever of anything else but an accident, but of course creative minds are already at work. Not even that difficult, considering the surroundings.
I don't think it was in any way planned.
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Yeah, I can't see where this plane full of Pols was any threat to Putin, Russia.
Also, any blow back would not be worth the gain.


Why did Russia not want the plane to land in Russia? Can't imagine there was anything at the airport they did not want them to see. The whole world is there now. I think it was just the heavy fog, that caused the plane to hit the top of the trees.

The pilot, assumed he could get this landing done, ok. Did not want to have a plane full of Pols in the wrong country for the memorial.

Many planes land in blinding fog everyday.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
When this happened, I thought about all the ramifications, could this have been more than an accident?

who is benefited by the aftermath?

but, as more time goes by, I am thinking it was an accident.
On mature recollection, you're probably right.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Interestingly enough, this sort of accident could bring both countries closer to each other, relations wise.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Interestingly enough, this sort of accident could bring both countries closer to each other, relations wise.

that sounds like this could be an advantage for Russia


and then there is this

Leck Kaczynski: 'Russia engineered plane crash,' claims Polish MP
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 04:19 AM
To be honest, I'm tired of these sort of Russophobic articles (like the one you posted). Although, these articles are always going to be inevitable.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 12:49 PM
i suppose one of the mildly positive things to come out of this is that there might be a warming, so to speak, or something of a reconciliation, between Poland and Russia. which is inspiring.

this accident caused me to do a small amount of reading on the Katyn Massacre, and Russian/Polish history from the 1930s onward, as well as what happened to Poland during WW2. revisiting that history was shocking as the magnitude of suffering in Poland from 1939-1947 (and onward) is absolutely unspeakable. the country lost 20% of it's population in that war.

anyway, long story short, Poland is an inspiration. if nothing else, perhaps this crash can remind us all of how far Poland -- and Europe, and even Russia -- has come over the past 60 years.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i suppose one of the mildly positive things to come out of this is that there might be a warming, so to speak, or something of a reconciliation, between Poland and Russia. which is inspiring.

this accident caused me to do a small amount of reading on the Katyn Massacre, and Russian/Polish history from the 1930s onward, as well as what happened to Poland during WW2. revisiting that history was shocking as the magnitude of suffering in Poland from 1939-1947 (and onward) is absolutely unspeakable. the country lost 20% of it's population in that war.

anyway, long story short, Poland is an inspiration. if nothing else, perhaps this crash can remind us all of how far Poland -- and Europe, and even Russia -- has come over the past 60 years.
If I recall correctly, Belarus lost about 30% of its population then. But gee, those are staggering numbers.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com