Pentecostalism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've kind of noticed that as with many dogs, many gods closely resemble their people.

I've kind of noticed that as with many dogs, many gods closely resemble their people.

IMG_5821.jpg

agrees with you...

What is your question?

A bit :huh:

Here's a question:

why do you think you feel this way?

One word, freedom.

Yet again, you provide a short "answer" with very little substance.

Can you provide, in DETAIL the reasons that you PERSONALLY feel that Pentacostalism and historical Baptists are false teachings.

I'm not looking for one word, I don't want links to websites. I want to know why YOU feel this way.

Please write as long as you want. Don't feel the need to be concise. We all want to know what you mean, not some website.

Here we go :wave:

1 Corinthians 13:8

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled.

My take on this is that almost all so called TV Christian teachers are in error on this teaching and more.

They are not teaching us to obey the teachings of Jesus.

Are you really a teacher? I find your inability to engage successfully in written communication to be woefully short of skill for any person, let alone an educator.

Are you really a teacher? I find your inability to engage successfully in written communication to be woefully short of skill for any person, let alone an educator.

This seems to be a little unfair. Working as a teacher doesn't leave all kinds of time for other extracurriculars, including posting on a message board. "Engage successfully" on this board seems to be very much in the eyes of those who disagree, and I'm not sure it's a fair swipe.

My take on this is that almost all so called TV Christian teachers are in error on this teaching and more.

i can cautiously agree with this.

but not sure how you've arrived at the conclusion that being a Baptist is the truest way to be a Christian.

almost all so called TV Christian teachers are in error on this teaching and more.

"I can't tell the difference between ABC news, Hill Street Blues
And a preacher on the old time gospel hour
Stealing money from the sick and the old
Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister" ~ Bono

This seems to be a little unfair. Working as a teacher doesn't leave all kinds of time for other extracurriculars, including posting on a message board. "Engage successfully" on this board seems to be very much in the eyes of those who disagree, and I'm not sure it's a fair swipe.

You're quite right. Apologies, horseman. I do wish you'd include some detail in your responses but perhaps you don't have time.

I disagree. I don't think the aggravation with IH is just because of his views.

He has a distinct posting style, which many find frustrating. I think most of us are eager for him to elaborate on his positions, but he appearto be witholding that elaboration intentionally. After all, even the posited explanation for his cryptic responses was provided not by him. . .but by you.

One can feel a bit taunted by that approach, and I do wish he'd show a little sensitivity in that regard. I'm a teacher too. And when I'm too busy to engage in meaningful discussion, I lurk, or disappear for awhile. (I will be disappearing for the rest of this week by the way. Going on a three day Arts Camp with my school--way out in the sticks where we have no internet access, followed by Arts performances at church Saturday, followed by class fundraiser Sat. night and Sunday. Ugh. On duty 24-7 for the next five days. . .not looking forward to that at all).

He has a distinct posting style, which many find frustrating. I think most of us are eager for him to elaborate on his positions, but he appearto be witholding that elaboration intentionally. After all, even the posited explanation for his cryptic responses was provided not by him. . .but by you.

True enough -- and to be honest, I haven't been around nearly enough to see the history of the posts. At the same time, IH frequently takes the unpopular side in a lot of the discussions here in FYM, and being embattled can make one cryptic.

If we were going to start tarring and feathering people for being frustrating, an awful lot of us in this forum would have to get dragged into the Interference town square. ;)

Back
Top Bottom