Pat Robertson Says Divorcing A Spouse With Alzheimer's Is Justifiable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone else think part of the problem with discussion here and in society in general (I'm looking at you, USA) is that everyone is so focused on "the left" or "the right". It's almost become like a sporting event where you're playing/cheering for your team against the other. It's way too over simplified. I refuse to label myself in any such way. I'd like to think I actually consider issues individually before making up my mind what side of the debate I'll be on. Some issues I'd be on the 'left', some on the 'right', and as such those labels are meaningless. They only serve to give people a team to cheer for and a kneejerk group to blame when things don't go your way

This is a luxury that only Canadians have.

Hey Iron Horse, in the friendliest way possible, I'd suggest that your posts could help the situation around here a bit. You obviously like reading and posting here, but so often, your responses are little more than slogans that skirt around the discussions. I know you must have some interesting perspectives to add. Just go out on a limb sometimes and speak for yourself; you seem very guarded. As often as you post here, I don't think anyone has a sense of your real personality. Open up a little

Jive Turkey, here are some of my thoughts on Pat Robertson:

-He appears to have the message of salvation through Jesus correct,
but he does not seem to promote or talk about the teachings of Jesus.

Jesus said. "Why
do you say you love me, but do not follow my commands?"

My point above is, I think, is why so many are turned off by the Christian faith. Not the view of Jesus, but why those of us who call ourselves followers are not doing what he said we should do in life.

And then Robertson goes "off scripture" on several topics...

-I think his "Health and Wealth" teaching is false according to the
scriptures. The Bible is not a magic formula that promises us health and
a Cadilac.

-I disagree with him on the issue of "speaking in tongues" and prophesying.
This false teaching keeps so many away from the reality that we
should be trying our best to obey the teachings of Jesus.

-He makes "merchandise" of the Good News to promote his network and his
books.

Just a few. And this song came to mind:

Disillusioned words like bullets bark
As human gods aim for their mark
Make everything from toy guns that spark
To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
It’s easy to see without looking too far
That not much is really sacred

~It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) Dylan

Blaming the woman for the man straying is the oldest excuse around. Because you know, men never admit that they're wrong :wink:

Back
Top Bottom