Pakistand floods fundraiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
So I haven't posted on interference in years, and this is my first time posting in this specific forum. I hope I'm posting this thread in the correct area. Mods please do your thing if it needs to be moved.

Anyway, I'm sure we've all heard about the humanitarian crisis in Pakistan as a result of the flooding. There are literally millions of innocent people who are suffering. In all reality, I'm not sure if that place will ever recover. So I'm helping out in organizing a fundraiser for the people there. I'm in charge in coming up with the brochure and I need a catchy title to put on it. I was hoping all you creative U2 fans here could help me out and suggest something......I've been trying to, even using random U2/Bono quotes/lyrics, but nothing good so far.......any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.....

thanks to all....

I like the idea that a flood can be both positive and negative -- flooded with water, flooded with aid. What about "Flooded"?

Do you need an overall title for the fundraiser or just the brochure?

What type of activities will you be doing to raise money? Single event, single venue?

Would you prefer it have a U2 slant or does that not matter?

It's going to be an overall title for the fundraiser, and then subsequently be put on the brochure.

Yes, it's going to be a single event at a single venue. There's just going to be some speeches, dinner, with the whole purpose behind it to have the people attending to donate what they can. They will purchase tickets to attend the event which with the money going towards the fundraiser.

It doesn't matter if the title has a U2 slant to it or not. I just figured I'd throw it out there since this is a U2 forum after all.

Thanks!

If you haven't already got a tagline, all I can think of is Open the Floodgates of Relief for Pakistan.

Hope the event is a success. :)

Maybe you could work this in somewhere:

After the flood all the colors came out

It's too bad I'm financially strapped because I would definitely help these people out. I've been watching CNN with Sanjay Gupta reporting, and its been heartbreaking. Sadly there's nothing I can do because I'm going to be needing my own personal fundraiser soon.

Back
Top Bottom