'Paedophilia is Hollywood's biggest problem' - fmr childstar Corey Feldman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would have to say, compared to the Penn thing, the lack of interest in this story is remarkable. I don't mean on this forum as such, just as regards the mainstream media not taking it up.

If there's an actual discussion to be had here, I'd like to see it. If this is just going to be an excuse to trade insults, this is going to be closed quickly.

Would have to say, compared to the Penn thing, the lack of interest in this story is remarkable. I don't mean on this forum as such, just as regards the mainstream media not taking it up.

The problem is there's really nowhere to go with this story, at least right now. Until there's an accusation against a specific person, I'm not sure what there is to report. At Penn, it was specific allegations against a specific person by multiple victims, allegations that were supported/verified by others.

When that happens in Hollywood, I promise you there will be more media coverage than you could possibly want.

In the meantime, just a suggestion. I would have probably stuck with your first two sources, as they at least have mainstream credibility. The second three seemed more like tabloids and one of them--the James Hartline report--seemed especially suspect. As a rule I generally discount sources who routinely use inflammatory language. The Hartline source might lead other posters to assume that you are making insinuations about a connection between homosexuality and pedophilia which you may not (or may) have intended to make.

This link is to a blog and its owner is a major homophobe who claims to be exposing the "gay agenda". So who's to say that what he writes is true?

I'm sure there's depravity going on in Hollywood. Filthy rich people with massive egos and no one dares to say no to them. My guess is that the reason why some entertainment reporters don't investigate the rumors of such perversion is because some people in Hollywood are just too powerful and have really good lawyers and PR people who protect them. If any journalist dared to do a story like this, those lawyers and publicists will be two steps ahead of them. And besides, some of those journalists are friends with those celebrities.

As always, Sean talks sense. Thank you.

Given all the other insanity child actors have talked about getting pulled into over the years, I'm not at all surprised that pedophilia would be among the horrors. Hollywood can be a really scary, messed up place for actors in general, and kids are pretty much often seen as cash cows, by their families, by studios, by directors, etc. Doesn't help that the media actively encourages such sick behavior by having a, "Countdown to when they turn 18/are legal!" thing going (seriously, WHY is it legal for people to do that countdown stuff?).

It's really sad that money and influence protects so many people who exploit and abuse children. Hopefully someday that will change, but who knows.

What's all this weird Robert Downey Jr. is some hollywood smoking man thing?
i've heard a similar rumour about him being a source behind a lot of celebrity blind items (where they say "which hollywood starlet who has been to rehab before might need to go back again" or something) it amuses me to picture him going through life scribbling dirt on people onto notebooks like a journal.

even if it isn't true about joel schumacher, i'm sure it's true of some in hollywood. there's pedophiles everywhere, it'd be ludicrous to assume there's none in hollywood just because they're famous or something.

financeguy said:
Any evidence for this?

Actually there's quite a bit out there, but with some discrepancies due to definition. Some will argue the difference between molestation and a true pedophile, but the overwhelming majority of offenders in both cases are heterosexual men. And the majority of victims are female, though the numbers vary quite a bit due to speculation that males are considered less likely to discuss it. And amongst those victims the majority are from a relative, mostly father or step-father.

I think we could agree that the majority of pedophiles are men. Then by statistics alone, we could extrapolate that the majority of those males would be heterosexual. Unless of course you believe that homosexuals are more prone to pedophilia which seems very archaic indeed
(Unless of course, our sample population has been taken from the catholic church. That will surely skew the data)

Corey Feldman on Howard Stern, 1992 - YouTube

Paedophilia in Hollywood is hardly surprising, and obviously horrible.

I thought for sure we'd see this kid in there somewhere
3127ng7.jpg

Regardless of statistics, I'm curious as to what could potentially cause homosexuals to be pedophiles more often than heterosexuals are, if statistics could be found to justify that.

Regardless of statistics, I'm curious as to what could potentially cause homosexuals to be LARPers more often than heterosexuals are, if statistics could be found to justify that.

This UC Davis study - which argues against homosexuals being pedophiles - explains:

Members of disliked minority groups are often stereotyped as representing a danger to the majority's most vulnerable members. For example, Jews in the Middle Ages were accused of murdering Christian babies in ritual sacrifices. Black men in the United States were often lynched after being falsely accused of raping White women.
Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

As for what could possibly make a homosexual (or rather, a gay man - since I've rarely heard of a lesbian being accused of being a pedophile), some believe gays are so deviant in their sexual behavior (ie: anal sex, open relationships) why wouldn't they abuse children?

Seriously, there are plenty of straight people who have open relationships and have kinky sex yet no one accuses them of being pedophiles.

Back
Top Bottom