Osama Bin Laden is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't mind that most Muslims disapprove of Choudary, that most non-Muslims don't understand Sharia law, and the survery you're quoting is bullshit Daily Mail Scaremongers About 'Killing for Islam'

Nothing to see here, don't mind my lies and hatred...

When you learn the difference between personal hate and confronting an ideology I'll take you off my ignore list.

But you aren't confronting an idealogy INDY, you've shown this time and time again.

You fall for all the anti-Muslim propaganda.

What does that say?

Too late for England as there are at least 85 Islamic Sharia courts operating in the country already.

But you're right nothing to be seen here. Don't be bothered that:

A survey of 600 Muslim students at 30 universities throughout Britain found that 32 per cent of Muslim respondents believed killing in the name of religion is justified, 54 per cent wanted a Muslim party to represent their world view in Parliament and 40 per cent want Muslims in the UK to be under Sharia law.

33 per cent said they want to see the introduction of a worldwide Caliphate based on Sharia law. The overwhelming majority supported the introduction of Sharia into British law for Muslims.

Or that 2/3rds of Islamic terrorist activity in the UK over the last ten years has involved British citizens.

Or that at least 35 Guantanamo terrorists were radicalised in London mosques... no worries right?

And above all, pay no attention that Anjem Choudary, who organised this protest, has praised both the 7/7 and 9/11 terrorist attacks and promises more.

now that Bin Laden is gone, i guess we need another boogeyman.

Indy, do you have a problem with Beth Din courts in the UK? Or in the US?

Not in cases where all parties agree to settle religious law in such a matter and whose laws don't supercede established civil or criminal codes. I would apply that same standard to Sharia courts including in the U.S. I think banning Sharia courts in the United States would be unconstitutional. But I believe in equal protection, assimilation and E Pluribus Unum.

Not sure why, but it seems weird to see that Bin Laden clip, with him watching TV, with Obama popping up on screen. It feels like they should be from different times/ages. As if they didn't coexist.

Also, CHOOSE A FUCKING CHANNEL AND STICK TO IT!

Not in cases where all parties agree to settle religious law in such a matter and whose laws don't supercede established civil or criminal codes. I would apply that same standard to Sharia courts including in the U.S. I think banning Sharia courts in the United States would be unconstitutional. But I believe in equal protection, assimilation and E Pluribus Unum.

So you shouldn't really have a problem with where/how Sharia is accepted/practiced in the UK? It's only in family/business/property type disputes. Exactly the same as Jewish Beth Din is, both in the UK and US.

So you shouldn't really have a problem with where/how Sharia is accepted/practiced in the UK? It's only in family/business/property type disputes. Exactly the same as Jewish Beth Din is, both in the UK and US.

Right but I would also argue that widespread use of separate courthouses and judges for individual populations in a plural society is unhealthy. At some level we must all be equal before the law and not seperate. We learned that the hard way here.

Is this equality before the law in Britain?

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

Ministers have decided that, even though bigamy is a crime in Britain, polygamous marriages can be recognised formally by the state - provided they took place overseas, in countries where they are legal.

The outcome will chiefly benefit Muslim men with more than one wife.
Ministers estimate that up to a thousand polygamous partnerships exist in Britain, although they admit there is no exact record.

Potentially, the benefits bill for income support could reach £10m.

New guidelines on income support from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) state: "Where there is a valid polygamous marriage the claimant and one spouse will be paid the couple rate (£92.80).

"The amount payable for each additional spouse is presently £33.65."

Now a proponent of multiculturalism might not see a problem here. I on the other hand see capitulation and a total lack of will to defend 500 years of law and tradition. And serious trouble and unrest ahead for a great country.

I on the other hand see capitulation and a total lack of will to defend 500 years of law and tradition. And serious trouble and unrest ahead for a great country.

well, you would, right? where would the right wing be without blind fear of some mysterious Other determined to destroy us form within?

well, you would, right? where would the right wing be without blind fear of some mysterious Other determined to destroy us form within?

Blind fear? Is it blind fear that leads to this:

Nicolas Sarkozy joins David Cameron and Angela Merkel view that multiculturalism has failed

French president Nicolas Sarkozy has joined David Cameron in condemning multiculturalism as a failure.
Cameron launched a scathing attack earlier this months on 30 years of multiculturalism in Britain warning that it fostered extremism. His damning verdict came just months after after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that multiculturalism in Germany had failed.

Now Sarkozy has joined the growing number of European leaders who have adopted identical views on multiculturalism.

He told the French people: 'We have been too concerned about the identity of the person who was arriving and not enough about the identity of the country that was receiving him.'The president made the declaration in a TV debate last night after being asked if the policy of encouraging the religious and cultural differences of immigrants was not working.
He told viewers: 'My answer is clearly yes, it is a failure.
'Of course we must all respect differences, but we do not want a society where communities coexist side by side.

I'm sure this was already discussed in FYM. Did anyone support the premise or were all three heads of state dismissed as bigots?

Blind fear? Is it blind fear that leads to this:

I'm sure this was already discussed in FYM. Did anyone support the premise or were all three heads of state dismissed as bigots?

this is America, INDY, not Europe. i'm stunned: you don't believe in our exceptionalism anymore!?!?!?!

Is this equality before the law in Britain?

Now a proponent of multiculturalism might not see a problem here. I on the other hand see capitulation and a total lack of will to defend 500 years of law and tradition. And serious trouble and unrest ahead for a great country.
I don't know, all told it may be better for women than the 'system' we have in the US for dealing with polygamy in (mostly West African) immigrant communities, which basically amounts to Don't Ask, Don't Tell. (The estimated number of polygamous partnerships in NYC alone is higher than the estimate given for all of the UK in the article you posted.) The wife/wives without legal standing have no protection if 'divorced' or widowed, and little incentive to report their husbands for polygamy, since his arrest or deportation would destroy their economic support system, possibly result in their deportations as well, and ruin their reputations in the tight-knit communities they depend on for social support. Not saying the UK's response to the situation is a human rights triumph, and there are likely some very problematic loopholes in the setup, but I rather doubt they're implementing it solely out of some starry-eyed romanticization of cultural diversity etc.

I don't know about Sarkozy and Merkel, but when David Cameron speaks up like that about immigration and multiculturalism, all I hear is a guy trying to get love from a certain demographic of voter here in the UK. Nothing less, nothing more. And I think most sensible people realise that. Like watching a Republican who has had 4 wives, 6 mistresses, and a couple of rent boy scandals defending the sanctity of marriage. Plenty of people are stupid enough to buy it, and that's the point, but just as many only roll their eyes.

^ same with Sarkozy actually, he is notorious for these kind of comments, and he has also been targeting the Romany/traveller/gypsy community here in France... Europe is scarily right wing at the moment... this kind of talk is very FN (French national front)... also very worrying in France is the rise of Marine Le Pen's National Front now she has taken over from her father Jean-Marie - in the hope of putting a more appealing face on the party...

And of course the whole burka thing in France. Ridiculous. But hey, it might get votes, most likely from people who have never seen anyone in their neighbourhood wearing a burka.

And of course the whole burka thing in France. Ridiculous. But hey, it might get votes, most likely from people who have never seen anyone in their neighbourhood wearing a burka.

I am so glad I live in a neighborhood in a city where today when I go to the gym I am almost as likely to have a woman in a burka on the treadmill next to me as I am to have a guy in way too tight of running shorts.

Women in burkas on the treadmill next you is a common occurrence. Really?
I think Krammy and Earnie meant 'Hijab' rather than burka.

I find hijabs kinda sexi myself. Nice to have another form of personal expression out there for women, ya know?

gLWFJ.jpg

But whatever, they're all extremist sand niggers trying to convert our kids to orthodox religious radicals, right?

But whatever, they're all extremist sand niggers trying to convert our kids to orthodox religious radicals, right?

Sure, in the same way that 1 incident involving Muslim Americans in a country with 25,000 commercial airline flights every day deserves a thread to discuss the bigotry and Islamophobia of Americans.

^ ha ha, that was awesome -- it's fills the American heart with pride to watch wealthy OC'ers scream insults at Muslim children going to a charity event.

I'm sure no one else will, so after a 1 minute goggle search of "Yorba Linda" and "mosque" lets put a story to the video.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE | North Orange County Conservatives
Important Statement from NOCCC to the Community:

On the afternoon of February 13, NOCCC joined the call for a peaceful protest of ICNA’s fundraiser at the Yorba Linda Community Center. We discovered that the Imam speakers, Malik Ali and Siraj Wahhaj are terrorism activists who are known for their anti-American, anti-Semitic beliefs . These radical Imams, who are linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, do not hide the fact that they support Hamas. A popular speaker with the Muslim Student Union on college campuses, Malik Ali openly promotes jihad and dying for Islam. Siraj Wahhaj, supposed co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, was a character witness for the convicted blind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman.

While we held our peaceful, organized and informative program on the grass area, away from the building, a group of unknown, uninvited protestors gathered near the entrance to the community center to stage their own noisy protest. CAIR has taken advantage of this situation to produce an extremely edited, greatly distorted YouTube video, giving the impression that all of our invited speakers’ words were filled with rude comments and inflammatory rhetoric against all Muslims.

NOCCC stands behind our participation in the protest. We will not allow this despicable hit job and the intimidation tactics of CAIR to stifle our patriotism or diminish our resolve to educate and expose the bigotry of these and other anti-American Imams and the threat of radical, political Islam and sharia law they represent.

We have publicly denounced these badly behaved protestors. However, we have to wonder who plans and attends a fundraiser hosted by two anti-American, radical Imams in a patriotic community like Yorba Linda and then is surprised and offended when the community demonstrates its righteous outrage.

ICNA Protest Organizer Karen Lugo Responds to “Hate Comes to Orange County”

As a planner — and the emcee — of the protest of the Islamic Circle of North America’s (ICNA) fundraiser featuring radical Islamists Malik Ali and Sirhaj Wahhaj, I am very disturbed by CAIR’s representation of the gathering in Yorba Linda. The video presentation with footage and quotes selected for their sensational and hurtful value, is an intentional misrepresentation of the program that evening.

There were two groups demonstrating on February 13th and CAIR chose to only present video of the splinter group that was not invited and not welcome. The main program was in a completely different area and continued with speakers while the ICNA fundraiser began. Never did the main group dismiss and gather at the entrance to the community center.

The obvious goal of deflecting attention from our clear statements about ICNA’s extremist speakers is an obvious attempt to intimidate, discredit, and silence our efforts to expose the true nature of the Muslim fundraiser’s organizers. This will not work. We are committed to moderate Muslims and will continue to expose groups and individuals that are working against American constitutional freedoms.

Here are the facts that the CAIR video (while CAIR does not take credit for production of the video, they distributed it) did not present. The event was planned, as the flier shows, as a “peaceful and patriotic” protest. Instructions on the fliers even requested that demonstrators bring only flags, and no signs. CAIR has chosen to spotlight only the most incendiary remarks. Furthermore, not one of the protest organizers recognized anyone in the group that splintered off. We do not know who they were or who sent them.

What CAIR also does not address is why hundreds of individual Southern Californians many of whom have never protested against anything before, were out on a beautiful Sunday afternoon waving flags and listening to speakers. These people, many not affiliated with an organization, were all there to express solidarity in declaring that extremist Muslims like Malik Ali and Siraj Wahhaj are not welcome in the community.

Featured speaker, Imam Siraj Wahhaj was named as a possible co-conspirator in the to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and testified as a character witness for the convicted terror mastermind, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman. Imam Malik Ali frequents America’s university campuses and speaks on the theme of “the convergence of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X: we shall overcome by any means necessary.” He is known for his anti-Semitic statements and his credo or pledge including the lines, “Jihad is my spirit” and “I will die to establish Islam.” The sponsor organization, ICNA has been called a friend by the Muslim Brotherhood, is aligned with extremist organization Jamaat-e-Islami, and has been praised by the Brotherhood as an ally that could help teach American Muslims “that their work in America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands… so that… God’s religion [Islam] is made victorious over all other religions.” (Arabic translation via Discover the Networks) This is why community members were alarmed and joined in protest.

We applaud the members of Congress: Rep. Ed Royce and Rep. Gary Miller, as well as Mayor Nancy Rikel, for their participation. We also strongly support the efforts of Rep. Peter King to conduct hearings into why and how Islamists are being radicalized in the United States.

Isn't that interesting? Not exactly St Jude Children's Research Hospital is it?

Just look at that.
Section 3. Definition of marriage

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word 'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word 'spouse' refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

I know, radical isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom