Osama Bin Laden is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doubt, criticsim, vigilant opposition are all healthy signs of a democracy. If they are not present it is just some version of Al queada

Way to avoid the direct question :wink:

You're right, but educated doubt, educated criticism, and informed opposition are healthy signs of a demorcacy.

Otherwise you're just the Tea Party.

it's also possible that obama is a robot. do you have proof that he isn't a robot? how can you be sure?

I knew something wasn't right.

obama.jpg

I don't think that it was a big cover up, but it is plausable that someone could create a fake scenario a la wag the dog.

It is also possible for a celebrity to fake a death and have the whole world believe it.

One more thought: Before what we know as World Music appeared, a band in Germany did a series of recordings called "Ethnic Forgeries." That was simiilar to the U2/Passengers project.

They created an album of a tribe or group that may or may not exisist. And people bought it.

yes, this is a totally appropriate comparison.

You have no doubt? Really? Even after how him and his party has treated the victims family you have no doubt he would have done this? And why?

If nothing else, then to vindicate himself and give a fat "Misson Accomplished" to all the naysayers.

How did he treat the victim's families?

One more thought: Before what we know as World Music appeared, a band in Germany did a series of recordings called "Ethnic Forgeries." That was simiilar to the U2/Passengers project.

They created an album of a tribe or group that may or may not exisist. And people bought it.
Well I guess Osama must not be dead. Shit.

And this is my point, all of you that are asking for a photo you look pretty foolish because a: you wouldn't know if it's Osama or George, and b: you wouldn't know if it's doctored.

but even skeptics have their limits. there is a difference between infinate questioning and hard evidence.

That Obama is a Robot remark is just silly. I don't think it is unreasonable for the American public to ask for a picture. Especially since it is a dubious war and many military lives are at stake. Was the mandate of the Iraq and Afghastan wars not to 'get OBL'.

Further, what kinda of ideological war is won by Wild West tactics and covert assinations? In fact it is just the opposite. That does not prove ideologically that one side is correct.

For those scoring at home: Obama is a robot, Osama is alive, Al-Qaeda runs the US, George Bush is the greatest president in US History, and we could have found Osama ten years earlier had we just considered the ramifications of U2's Passengers album.

Well I guess Osama must not be dead. Shit.

I didn't say that Osama was not dead, I said it was plausable that he was not dead. Why do I bother having a discussion with either/or minds?

person 1 "so what do you do?"
person 2 "i work in non-profit"
person 1 "so you are a commie?"
person 2 "no, i work in non-profit"
brief pause
person 1 "do you hate yourself?"
perosn 2 "no, i like helping others"

person 1 <whispers> commie

If nothing else, then to vindicate himself and give a fat "Misson Accomplished" to all the naysayers.
But how is this give you "no doubt" that he would do this?

If you think about it, it would just be very weird.

How did he treat the victim's families?

They often used them for political gain while trying to cut their medical funding etc...

but even skeptics have their limits. there is a difference between infinate questioning and hard evidence.

That Obama is a Robot remark is just silly. I don't think it is unreasonable for the American public to ask for a picture. Especially since it is a dubious war and many military lives are at stake. Was the mandate of the Iraq and Afghastan wars not to 'get OBL'.

Further, what kinda of ideological war is won by Wild West tactics and covert assinations? In fact it is just the opposite. That does not prove ideologically that one side is correct.

Whoah, you're getting way off track now. No one here is talking about the reasoning behind the wars.

I just want someone to tell me why a photo would change anyone's mind this day and age when a: they wouldn't know if it was Osama or George and b: they wouldn't know if it was real?

That's all, let's not go changing the subject now...

I didn't say that Osama was not dead, I said it was plausable that he was not dead. Why do I bother having a discussion with either/or minds?

person 1 "so what do you do?"
person 2 "i work in non-profit"
person 1 "so you are a commie?"
person 2 "no, i work in non-profit"
brief pause
person 1 "do you hate yourself?"
perosn 2 "no, i like helping others"

person 1 <whispers> commie
You really have no idea who I am, do you? I'm the biggest proponent of eliminating black-white scenarios there is.

But this is as retarded as thinking 9/11 was an inside job. It is not plausible to say Osama wasn't killed on Sunday by the US. He was. End of story. The only argument now is the details of what happened at that raid, and I'm pretty comfortable with the story right now.

Yeah-if the passengers on those planes had some weapons and if the people in the WTC and the Pentagon had some advance warning,maybe OBL would have deserved even a shred of a fair fight. Maybe the Seals should have thrown him a gun. They still could have shot him dead first.

The Telegraph

Rowan Williams in row over Osama bin Laden killing
The Archbishop of Canterbury is at the centre of a row after he criticised the United States for shooting dead the unarmed Osama bin Laden.

Dr Rowan Williams, spiritual head of the 80-million strong worldwide Anglican Communion, criticised the White House for repeatedly changing its account of the raid on the al-Qaeda leader’s compound in Pakistan.

Killing bin Laden when he was not carrying a weapon meant that justice could not be “seen to be done”, the Archbishop suggested.

But lawyers and senior figures from politics and the military said Dr Williams was not living in “the real world” while relatives of 9/11 victims expressed outrage at his remarks.

A senior Government source described the Archbishop's comments as “very unwise”, adding: “One has to give some thought for all the unarmed people that bin Laden killed. This was a very silly thing to say.”

Dr Williams’s intervention represents the most outspoken statement so far by a mainstream religious leader since the US Navy Seals team stormed bin Laden’s hideout and killed the world’s most wanted man on Monday.

Osama Bin Laden Evidence: Al Qaeda Considered 9/11 Anniversary Attack - ABC News

The trove of evidence U.S. Navy Seals recovered during their raid of Bin Laden's compound, which cost the al Qaeda leader his life, shows that al Qaeda remained fixated on so-called soft targets like transportation.

Watch ABC News' full report on the bin Laden evidence trove tonight on "World News With Diane Sawyer".

A new bulletin issued tonight by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security and obtained by ABC News describes the terror organization's chilling desire to derail a train.

"As of February 2010, al-Qa'ida was allegedly contemplating conducting an operation against trains at an unspecified location in the United States on the 10th anniversary of September 11, 2001," the document reads, using an alternate spelling for bin Laden's terror group. "As one option, al-Qa'ida was looking into trying to tip a train by tampering with the rails so that the train would fall off the track at either a valley or a bridge."

If people want to see nasty photos of dead people, there are several "true crime" channels available. As for Osama's dead face, yeah I want to see that about as much as I wanted to see his living one...which is no thanks, don't care.

I think the people who want to party in the streets should be required to see the pictures

^This is the only proof I need to know that Bin Laden is really dead. I don't actually need to see pictures of him.

You're a fool. Sorry but you are.

I did three hoops on Mars. What do you want me to show you as proof ? An offical announcement and a picture of me with a basketball ?

MADNESS !!!!!

:doh:

Really ? that's all the proof you need ?

You're a fool. Sorry but you are.

I did three hoops on Mars. What do you want me to show you as proof ? An offical announcement and a picture of me with a basketball ?

MADNESS !!!!!

:doh:

Really ? that's all the proof you need ?

And what do you need?

Back
Top Bottom