Osama Bin Laden is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, some things around here never surprise me. They buried him at sea, so ...:uhoh:

Good riddance Osama. I would have rather had him captured alive, for information and for some sort of form of "justice". And to lessen the martyrdom. I wanted to see him taken away in handcuffs-death was too easy for him and actually probably more what he wanted, to satisfy his mission and goals.

problem with capturing him alive is this... where exactly would you want to keep him locked up? the only place that could handle it would be GITMO. the security costs of placing him in an american federal prison would be staggering. this piece of shit isn't worth that price.

problem with capturing him alive is this... where exactly would you want to keep him locked up? the only place that could handle it would be GITMO. the security costs of placing him in an american federal prison would be staggering. this piece of shit isn't worth that price.

Plus, keeping him in an American Federal Prison would subject the country to even more potential terrorist attacks. Bin Laden's followers would continually attack the country, demanding his release.

Plus, keeping him in an American Federal Prison would subject the country to even more potential terrorist attacks.

Obviously his death will do the same thing. If he was alive we also wouldn't have all the conspiracy fodder. Buried at sea, face unrecognizable in the photos vs video of him being taken away alive in shackles. I don't know where we'd keep him or what we'd do with him, but somehow I think and fear that this is the beginning of a real mess.

Of course maybe some people wouldn't even believe alive in shackles video. After all, Obama's pretty desperate...

Here we go..so predictable. Bush better get credit, damn it.

Rumsfeld On Bin Laden: Obama 'Wisely' Followed Bush's Lead | TPM LiveWire

"All of this was made possible by the relentless, sustained pressure on al Qaeda that the Bush administration initiated after 9/11 and that the Obama administration has wisely chosen to continue," Rumsfeld wrote on Facebook.

Rumsfeld said that the controversial military detention center in Guantanamo Bay he helped establish "may have played an essential role in this success."

as more details come out there's one thing that bothers me about this entire thing...

here is the most wanted man on earth, a 6 foot 6 bearded man, living for months (at least) in a specially built compound in a town filled with pakistani military and retired military personnel...

and we're supposed to believe that the pakistani government didn't know he was there?

as more details come out there's one thing that bothers me about this entire thing...

here is the most wanted man on earth, a 6 foot 6 bearded man, living for months (at least) in a specially built compound in a town filled with pakistani military and retired military personnel...

and we're supposed to believe that the pakistani government didn't know he was there?

You couldn't make it up to be honest. Total madness

The place has a massive satellite dish and they were supposedly burning the trash. I guess he didn't leave the house-no one even saw him when he went out for the mail?:eyebrow: Don't know what that is outside, it looks like porta potties.

443B34FE7811612F59CDD5AE996C93.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

If you buy this piece of crap, you need your sweet little head examined.

The dollar is crashing, gold is at a all time high, there is fall-out from the Japanese nuclear explosions on the west coast of the USA, they just killed some kids in Libya, so, hey, how are we gonna take the minds of the sheeple off all of this? Oh, I know, let's kill (alleged CIA asset) Osama Bin Laden.

What a load of rubbish.

I call BULLSHIT.

Exactly.

My first thought was, "Oh, how convenient." Just when Dear Leader needs a popularity boost. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew where he was for a long time and were saving him for a rainy day. And it's not like anything is going to change because of it.

untitled.jpg

So my brother posted this on his own Facebook page. And then my mom showed up in the comments to out herself as a birther.

:(

There was a lot of sad "Oh, mom" comments following from me and my brother.

We disagree on a great many things, but usually she has a lot more frigging sense than that.

I'm so disappointed in her.

We disagree on a great many things, but usually she has a lot more frigging sense than that.

Sorry about that. My mother's not a birther or anything like that-but sometimes she believes things in the ether without getting the knowledge for herself. It can be tough to deal with. Then she gets all angry with me when I try to explain what I think I know about xyz.

It's scary to think about your parents being on your Facebook page. That's one main reason that I don't have one.

Do I think he's dead? Absolutely. If he were to turn up alive, this would be one of the most massive failures in any governments history. You don't make a statement like this without it being true, just too much to lose.

I remember pictures of Saddam's son's being released after it was reported they were killed, and you could barely tell it was them, some resemblence, but they were so bloated and shot up that it really could have been any middle eastern men with mustaches. So i'm sure OBL's pic, especially if shot in the head, would also be a bit tough to tell.

Now do I think the timing of this is just a coiencidence? Hard to say, but a lot could have gone wrong, and it didn't. I don't trust politicians, but I do kind of think any politican would have acted accordinly in regards to killing him. Clinton tried, we know Bush definitely tried, and it was finished by Obama.

Now if he can get gas prices down (unlikely), 2012 will be a lock.

Supposedly they considered bombing the compound at some point, but they didn't want it just reduced to rubble. Plus I think you'd want to see for yourself that he was actually in there. It's been since last August- I don't think it's something that you can just do without taking your time, very carefully.

They're debating whether or not to release the photos.

Twitter user unknowingly reported bin Laden attack

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social.media/05/02/osama.twitter.reports/index.html?hpt=T2

It's scary to think about your parents being on your Facebook page. That's one main reason that I don't have one.

You know you get to decide who can see your Facebook stuff, right? Plenty of people have Facebook and set the own boundaries, blocking family or coworkers.

I enjoy having my family members on Facebook. :shrug:

(.... most of the time. :wink: )

I don't find it scary. Everyone has their own boundaries for Facebook. :shrug:

And you know, you get to decide who gets to see your Facebook page. You don't have grant access to anyone you don't want seeing it.

Not being on it is perfectly fine, of course. But I felt like I should throw that out there in case you didn't know, and it was the only reason you didn't do it. ;)

I just meant that I would find it scary-and no, that's not the only reason. No I know you control that. I don't think my mother would even know how to get there let alone use it, so it's all good :D

So my brother posted this on his own Facebook page. And then my mom showed up in the comments to out herself as a birther.

:(

There was a lot of sad "Oh, mom" comments following from me and my brother.

:hug: My mom is a dittohead who pretty much believes anything Limbaugh or Fox News says. It's very, very frustrating. She wasn't a birther, although, I have family that were birthers.

Some may say this vindicates GITMO

apparently they found OBL couriers from intelligence gathered from detainees at GITMO,
once they started tracking a courier, they found the compound,
they say the compound had no internet, phones or cell phones. Also all trash was burned on site.

A compound that size with no phone alone should have raised eyebrows - with or without Gitmo intel.

:lol::lol::lol:

If you buy this piece of crap, you need your sweet little head examined.

The dollar is crashing, gold is at a all time high, there is fall-out from the Japanese nuclear explosions on the west coast of the USA, they just killed some kids in Libya, so, hey, how are we gonna take the minds of the sheeple off all of this? Oh, I know, let's kill (alleged CIA asset) Osama Bin Laden.

What a load of rubbish.

I call BULLSHIT.

would you be offended if i said i consider your thoughts on this to be absolute bat shit crazy, to the point where i am worried about your mental well being?

Exactly.

My first thought was, "Oh, how convenient." Just when Dear Leader needs a popularity boost. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew where he was for a long time and were saving him for a rainy day. And it's not like anything is going to change because of it.

ditto for you, too.

Abbottabad is essentially a military-cantonment city in Pakistan, in the hills to the north of the capital of Islamabad, in an area where much of the land is controlled or owned by the Pakistani Army and retired Army officers. Although the city is technically in what used to be called the Northwest Frontier Province, it lies on the far eastern side of the province and is as close to Pakistani-held Kashmir as it is to the border city of Peshawar. The city is most notable for housing the Pakistan Military Academy, the Pakistani Army’s premier training college, equivalent to West Point. Looking at maps and satellite photos on the Web last night, I saw the wide expanse of the Academy not far from where the million-dollar, heavily secured mansion where bin Laden lived was constructed in 2005. The maps I looked at had sections of land nearby marked off as “restricted areas,” indicating that they were under military control. It stretches credulity to think that a mansion of that scale could have been built and occupied by bin Laden for six years without its coming to the attention of anyone in the Pakistani Army.
The initial circumstantial evidence suggests that the opposite is more likely—that bin Laden was effectively being housed under Pakistani state control. Pakistan will deny this, it seems safe to predict, and perhaps no convincing evidence will ever surface to prove the case. If I were a prosecutor at the United States Department of Justice, however, I would be tempted to call a grand jury. Who owned the land on which the house was constructed? How was the land acquired, and from whom? Who designed the house, which seems to have been purpose-built to secure bin Laden? Who was the general contractor? Who installed the security systems? Who worked there? Are there witnesses who will now testify as to who visited the house, how often, and for what purpose? These questions are not relevant only to the full realization of justice for the victims of September 11th. They are also relevant to the victims of terrorist attacks conducted or inspired by bin Laden while he lived in the house, and these include many Pakistanis, as well as Afghans, Indians, Jordanians, and Britons. They are rightly subjects of American criminal law.

News Desk: Notes on the Death of Osama bin Laden : The New Yorker

Today I was thinking about the inevitable conspiracy theories that will spring from these claims. Now, if someone were to say that the US is lying about this, then they would have to consider the other possibilities. And when considering these possibilities, weigh the risks to the Obama Administration with whatever is imagined would be gained from it.

1) Osama was killed in the caves of Tora Bora by bombing years ago. In this scenario, or ones similar to it, who recovered the remains? Seems most likely that it would have been those fighting around him. In which case, would the US make this recent claim knowing that someone out there has tangible proof to the contrary?

2)Osama died of kidney failure or typhoid. Again, this means there are people in possession of Osama's body who would probably immediately deny that he was killed by US forces, and would be able to display the evidence. Would Obama take that risk?

3)Osama was killed before this, by American troops, and kept "on ice" until a time deemed advantageous to the POTUS. In this case there probably would have been some witnesses unsympathetic to the US who would at least be coming forward to contradict the recent news. And what about the soliders involved in this hypothetical killing? Would the US trust them all enough to stick its head out to the world and claim to have killed Osama bin Laden?

Occam's Razor, guys.

Theorists who propose a great deceit in this news bear great responsibility to prove and provide significant evidence for it.

Here we go..so predictable. Bush better get credit, damn it.

Rumsfeld On Bin Laden: Obama 'Wisely' Followed Bush's Lead | TPM LiveWire

"All of this was made possible by the relentless, sustained pressure on al Qaeda that the Bush administration initiated after 9/11 and that the Obama administration has wisely chosen to continue," Rumsfeld wrote on Facebook.

Rumsfeld said that the controversial military detention center in Guantanamo Bay he helped establish "may have played an essential role in this success."

If Obama wanted to follow Bush's lead he would have bombed the crap out of the compound last year when they found out where he was with NO regard for the innocent calateral loss of life in the surrounding area.

This plan was genius on Pres. Obama's part and shows his smarts and patience. He and his advisors designed a plan that used finesse ( the incredible Navy Seals) in the dark of night to engaged him in a shoot out, direct on and the monster is dead.
End of story.

Hollywood must be chomping at the bit writing a script for the moive as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom