Osama Bin Laden is dead. - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #241
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Haha, some things around here never surprise me. They buried him at sea, so ...

Good riddance Osama. I would have rather had him captured alive, for information and for some sort of form of "justice". And to lessen the martyrdom. I wanted to see him taken away in handcuffs-death was too easy for him and actually probably more what he wanted, to satisfy his mission and goals.
problem with capturing him alive is this... where exactly would you want to keep him locked up? the only place that could handle it would be GITMO. the security costs of placing him in an american federal prison would be staggering. this piece of shit isn't worth that price.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #242
Refugee

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
problem with capturing him alive is this... where exactly would you want to keep him locked up? the only place that could handle it would be GITMO. the security costs of placing him in an american federal prison would be staggering. this piece of shit isn't worth that price.
Plus, keeping him in an American Federal Prison would subject the country to even more potential terrorist attacks. Bin Laden's followers would continually attack the country, demanding his release.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge25 View Post
Plus, keeping him in an American Federal Prison would subject the country to even more potential terrorist attacks.
Obviously his death will do the same thing. If he was alive we also wouldn't have all the conspiracy fodder. Buried at sea, face unrecognizable in the photos vs video of him being taken away alive in shackles. I don't know where we'd keep him or what we'd do with him, but somehow I think and fear that this is the beginning of a real mess.

Of course maybe some people wouldn't even believe alive in shackles video. After all, Obama's pretty desperate...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #244
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:07 PM
glad he is dead.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Here we go..so predictable. Bush better get credit, damn it.

Rumsfeld On Bin Laden: Obama 'Wisely' Followed Bush's Lead | TPM LiveWire

"All of this was made possible by the relentless, sustained pressure on al Qaeda that the Bush administration initiated after 9/11 and that the Obama administration has wisely chosen to continue," Rumsfeld wrote on Facebook.

Rumsfeld said that the controversial military detention center in Guantanamo Bay he helped establish "may have played an essential role in this success."
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #246
Blue Crack Distributor

as more details come out there's one thing that bothers me about this entire thing...

here is the most wanted man on earth, a 6 foot 6 bearded man, living for months (at least) in a specially built compound in a town filled with pakistani military and retired military personnel...

and we're supposed to believe that the pakistani government didn't know he was there?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #247
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
as more details come out there's one thing that bothers me about this entire thing...

here is the most wanted man on earth, a 6 foot 6 bearded man, living for months (at least) in a specially built compound in a town filled with pakistani military and retired military personnel...

and we're supposed to believe that the pakistani government didn't know he was there?
You couldn't make it up to be honest. Total madness
Old 05-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

The place has a massive satellite dish and they were supposedly burning the trash. I guess he didn't leave the house-no one even saw him when he went out for the mail? Don't know what that is outside, it looks like porta potties.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #249
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post

If you buy this piece of crap, you need your sweet little head examined.

The dollar is crashing, gold is at a all time high, there is fall-out from the Japanese nuclear explosions on the west coast of the USA, they just killed some kids in Libya, so, hey, how are we gonna take the minds of the sheeple off all of this? Oh, I know, let's kill (alleged CIA asset) Osama Bin Laden.

What a load of rubbish.

I call BULLSHIT.
Exactly.

My first thought was, "Oh, how convenient." Just when Dear Leader needs a popularity boost. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew where he was for a long time and were saving him for a rainy day. And it's not like anything is going to change because of it.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #250
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:07 PM

So my brother posted this on his own Facebook page. And then my mom showed up in the comments to out herself as a birther.

There was a lot of sad "Oh, mom" comments following from me and my brother.

We disagree on a great many things, but usually she has a lot more frigging sense than that.

I'm so disappointed in her.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #251
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, and that firefighter picture is wonderful - thank you for posting it.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #252
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
We disagree on a great many things, but usually she has a lot more frigging sense than that.

I'm so disappointed in her.
Sorry about that. My mother's not a birther or anything like that-but sometimes she believes things in the ether without getting the knowledge for herself. It can be tough to deal with. Then she gets all angry with me when I try to explain what I think I know about xyz.

It's scary to think about your parents being on your Facebook page. That's one main reason that I don't have one.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Do I think he's dead? Absolutely. If he were to turn up alive, this would be one of the most massive failures in any governments history. You don't make a statement like this without it being true, just too much to lose.

I remember pictures of Saddam's son's being released after it was reported they were killed, and you could barely tell it was them, some resemblence, but they were so bloated and shot up that it really could have been any middle eastern men with mustaches. So i'm sure OBL's pic, especially if shot in the head, would also be a bit tough to tell.

Now do I think the timing of this is just a coiencidence? Hard to say, but a lot could have gone wrong, and it didn't. I don't trust politicians, but I do kind of think any politican would have acted accordinly in regards to killing him. Clinton tried, we know Bush definitely tried, and it was finished by Obama.

Now if he can get gas prices down (unlikely), 2012 will be a lock.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

Supposedly they considered bombing the compound at some point, but they didn't want it just reduced to rubble. Plus I think you'd want to see for yourself that he was actually in there. It's been since last August- I don't think it's something that you can just do without taking your time, very carefully.

They're debating whether or not to release the photos.

Twitter user unknowingly reported bin Laden attack

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social....ex.html?hpt=T2
Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #255
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
It's scary to think about your parents being on your Facebook page. That's one main reason that I don't have one.
You know you get to decide who can see your Facebook stuff, right? Plenty of people have Facebook and set the own boundaries, blocking family or coworkers.

I enjoy having my family members on Facebook.

(.... most of the time. )