Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back when Virginia Tech happened, I was in my last year at law school. And looking at my commercial law prof, an overweight, legally blind (super thick glasses) totally unathletic guy. And people wanted to arm him. The lectern was at the front of the room and the door at the back, so you’d have the shooter and this prof shooting at each other over the 100 students sandwiched in between them. What could go wrong?

Also I saw the president of the national federation of teachers or whatever they are called on TV correctly pointing out that teachers are not trained to shoot, don’t want to be the police and certainly are not paid anywhere near enough to bear that sort of responsibility.

Underfunded to begin with, but somehow we’re going to turn these liberal indoctrinators who are all ages and all walks of life physically into a well trained protector who can under pressure open a safe, retrieve, take aim, and kill? If it’s that easy why are our cops still shooting the wrong people? Teachers can do it with 8 hours of training.

Trump can’t even hold a bottle of with one hand, but he could take out a bad guy no problem.

Someone on my Facebook post commented that the kids were crisis actors and that the mainstream media isn't a reliable source but anonymous YouTube videos are. So that's where we are in the country

Yeah, the "false flag/these people are actors" people need to desperately shut the fuck up (would that they could do so for good at that). I truly don't get how somebody gets to a place in their life where they think that kind of indefensible bullshit is okay to spew.

Anyone else watching the town hall on CNN thus far? Been pretty interesting so far.

It's kinda fucked up that I'm emotionally disconnected from this incident, as I grew up around the area know plenty of Stoneman alumni. My alma mater staged some sort of walk-out protest as well, it sounds. Used to play hockey with a handful of folks from Stoneman - it's right around the Panthers arena. I'm getting entirely desensitized by terrorist-related incidents being "too close to home." But just a few minutes of listening to victims speak is like prying open wounds.

Main takeaways from this town hall:

-Rubio is NOT having a good night. Hoo boy. But I'm enjoying people calling him out. At least he's in agreement that arming teachers would be a dumb idea so there's that.

-I really, really hope some of these kids run for office in the future.

-I liked the teacher acknowledging the sheer absurdity of the idea of arming teachers. She indirectly brought up another issue worth considering-to those who think arming teachers is a good idea, I'd love for them to explain how in the hell is a teacher supposed to both grab their gun AND herd their kids to safety at the same time?

Rubio getting cheered when he said that you'd have to ban every semi-automatic rifle in the US was an absolutely incredible self own

I don't know how you can be someone like Marco Rubio and look those kids in the eyes and not just break down at the monster you are as you defend your wallet over the will of your people.

I don't know how you can be someone like Marco Rubio and look those kids in the eyes and not just break down at the monster you are as you defend your wallet over the will of your people.

It's the same guy who altered the official version of his background to make himself (presumably) palatable to conservatives.

In addition to the death of the insulting idiocy of “thoughts and prayers,” we may be seeing a broader understanding of the NRA as a terrorist organization that facilitates the slaughter of Americans.

In addition to the death of the insulting idiocy of “thoughts and prayers,” we may be seeing a broader understanding of the NRA as a terrorist organization that facilitates the slaughter of Americans.

Why does it even have to BE about going after the NRA? What can't we just have our own anti-NRA organization that's equally as large and controlling?

And then why can't we line up two perfectly solid amendments, one limiting the second amendment and another eliminating the ability to pay politicians.

Why does it even have to BE about going after the NRA? What can't we just have our own anti-NRA organization that's equally as large and controlling?

And then why can't we line up two perfectly solid amendments, one limiting the second amendment and another eliminating the ability to pay politicians.

Because of the NRA.

I've just heard Trump suggest that teachers should be armed as well.....I can't come up with the words for this...other than perhaps unbelievable??

I've just heard Trump suggest that teachers should be armed as well.....I can't come up with the words for this...other than perhaps unbelievable??

Imagine . . . a little old school marm with a Sig Sauer packed away in her purse. Someone walks into the classroom and opens fire, sweeping the room with a AR15.

"now . .where did I put that hand gun . . . " she murmurs.

One can only hope a certain special guest is sitting there reading their own version of My Pet Goat to the classroom at the same moment.

Last edited:

I know, it was so beyond cringeworthy. Sleazy, slimy, nauseating.

CNN said yesterday that a photo revealed that Trump had phrases written on a card that he was supposed to say to the people at that listening session yesterday. Don't even know what to say about that one. Are any of these people even human? Just asking. Maybe we could get rid of all of them and have these FL kids take over.

Trump is the same person who never even acknowledged the anniversary of Sandy Hook last December, and on the very same day had the head fool of the NRA to the WH for a Christmas party. I hate the NRA, they make me sick.

I know, it was so beyond cringeworthy. Sleazy, slimy, nauseating.

CNN said yesterday that a photo revealed that Trump had phrases written on a card that he was supposed to say to the people at that listening session yesterday. Don't even know what to say about that one. Are any of these people even human? Just asking. Maybe we could get rid of all of them and have these FL kids take over.

Trump is the same person who never even acknowledged the anniversary of Sandy Hook last December, and on the very same day had the head fool of the NRA to the WH for a Christmas party. I hate the NRA, they make me sick.
I can shit on Trump over many many many things. I can't shit on him for having notes. That's just shitting for the sake of shitting.

It was an important meeting. I actually thought he handled it very well... up until he revealed his NRA talking points at the suggestion that we should arm the lunch lady.

I can shit on Trump over many many many things. I can't shit on him for having notes. That's just shitting for the sake of shitting.

Well, if that note is there to remind him to say "I hear you" then I do think comments about his lack of empathy are warranted.
trump_notes.jpg

Well, if that note is there to remind him to say "I hear you" then I do think comments about his lack of empathy are warranted.
trump_notes.jpg
If someone else wrote it for him? Sure.

If he wrote it himself? Then I still don't think it's a big deal.

I go into every meeting where I need to play a big part with notes... I don't always look at them, but they're there to make sure I don't forget anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom