Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were military, correct? If so then they've had some training to handle high stress situations.

Most of society has not.

It's delusional of me to think that if I'm in an active shooter scenario, I will calmly pull out my pistol and shoot the bad people. No combat experience, just me at the range daydreaming

It's open carry in TX, what did a majority, if not all the civilians do when the sniper started shooting? They ran. Some of them has guns, guess according to the NRA, they failed

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Mass Shooting Tracker

five mass shootings in the last four days and only one of them has even been hinted at in the media.

Don't encourage hysteria. When a crime happens and more than one person is shot, it's not automatically a mass shooting. In one of those you posted, two people were shot. It's not a mass shooting.

I'm not marginalizing the fact that people were shot, but to classify it as a mass shooting is to try to equate it as the same thing as when dozens of people get shot and killed.

?

the five incidents listed on that site as of this moment:

07/20 - 0 dead, 4 injured
07/19 - 0 dead, 4 injured
07/17 - 4 dead, 3 injured
07/17 - 0 dead, 4 injured

The Mass Shooting Tracker is a crowd-sourced database of U.S. mass shootings. We define a “mass shooting” as a single outburst of violence in which four or more people are shot. This is not the same as mass murder as defined by the FBI.

no idea what link you clicked on.

edit: anyways, that was really just to get this thread back on topic more than anything.

?

the five incidents listed on that site as of this moment:

07/19 - 0 dead, 4 injured
07/17 - 4 dead, 3 injured
07/17 - 0 dead, 4 injured

no idea what link you clicked on.

edit: anyways, that was really just to get this thread back on topic more than anything.

Google the incidents listed. Even by that definition, two shot, two wounded by unknown means. I noted that on one of them. And even that definition in which you bolded declares its their own definition.

Look I'm not trying to argue semantics. But every shooting can't just be called a mass shooting. Especially when the intention of the shooter isn't to kill as many people of type X as possible. It's just not the same thing. And this is on topic.

We've reached critical mass when someone tries to argue that 4 people shot isn't a mass shooting

What does the adjective "mass" mean to you? Two to four people, as sad as it is, is not a "massive" amount of people shot. Sad as it is, you have to observe that lots of people do get shot daily in this country and this world. It mostly concerns me on a count of the dangers of a sensationalized media. Look at what sensational media did with black lives matter... it took something that was always happening and returned a lot of dead cops. And now cops are going to be on edge, and we enter a cycle of violence.

Last edited:
A lot of mass shootings though aren't really mass shootings. Like Sandy Hook where one guy killed one of his illegitimate children because he was mad at the mother and then Obama sent in some goons to kill more kids so that they could tighten gun control. A real shame. :sad:

They aren't. Just the ones where 4 people or more are shot.

This is the FBI's definition.

Yeah but Dave's original comments were talking about how nobody has mentioned them in the media. Like, as though we should have all day news events about this. All massacres matter. I just don't get the intention of pointing out the fact that the media isn't reporting on all of them like they're all national news.

So now on this Munich mall shooting. The shooters are still at large and most likely the shooters are muslim/immigrant/ISIS influenced or whatever.

This is the ultimate ideology that the media is trying to inculcate in us to believe. I'd not be surprised if they are German with some foreign heritage.

Last edited:
There was also an axe attack on a train a few days ago. Hard to get information on this one. Hearing 3 shooters. Multiple locations. One shooter killed himself.

huh? i said no such thing. please don't put words in my mouth.

Mass Shooting Tracker

five mass shootings in the last four days and only one of them has even been hinted at in the media.

I apologize for perhaps going a step too far in misquoting you, but it certainly looks like you've suggested that the media is ignoring other "mass" shootings.

So now on this Munich mall shooting. The shooters are still at large and most likely the shooters are muslim/immigrant/ISIS influenced or whatever.

This is the ultimate ideology that the media is trying to inculcate in us to believe. I'd not be surprised if they are German with some foreign heritage.

It was an 18 year old German kid, with Iranian parents. He apparently shouted some anti-immigrant and anti-Turkish sentiments before going on his rampage. Seemed to be a right wing sympathizer. As much as the right wing media would love to tie it to Isis, police say there are no links whatsoever.

There was also an axe attack on a train a few days ago. Hard to get information on this one. Hearing 3 shooters. Multiple locations. One shooter killed himself.

Yeah, that was in Würzburg where someone went on a rampage on a regional train. That was a 17 year old kid who was a refugee from Afghanistan, experiencing post traumatic stress disorder, triggered more so by the death of his close friend back home. He made a video proclaiming loyalty to Isis before...

Good to hear that it doesn't seem connected to ISIS, but damn, horribly tragic.

Yeah, that was in Würzburg where someone went on a rampage on a regional train. That was a 17 year old kid who was a refugee from Afghanistan, experiencing post traumatic stress disorder, triggered more so by the death of his close friend back home. He made a video proclaiming loyalty to Isis before...

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom