Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not here to defend the NRA, but ISIS would prefer those children dead. The NRA would not.

Are you sure about that ? Cause every time kids die by guns they immediately come out and shut the door for any sort of talk.

Watch their latest video on YouTube and tell me that trolling children who have been in school shootings shows one ounce of compassion

Are you sure about that ? Cause every time kids die by guns they immediately come out and shut the door for any sort of talk.

Watch their latest video on YouTube and tell me that trolling children who have been in school shootings shows one ounce of compassion

Like I said. I'm not here to defend them. They're awful. But if you think their motto or desire is to have mass shootings at school and have children dead, you've misunderstood them.

Look, no one here is saying that the NRA is great. But being callous, craven assholes willing to exploit victims of tragedies is far different than being the kind of people wishing to perpetrate acts of mass murder.

The NRA lobbies for the gun industry.

If they have to deal with a few dead white kids every so often to keep up gun sales, they are happy to make that bargain.

Sure, depraved indifference isn't quite the same as homicidal intent, but it's still evil. Or maybe they actually believe their own bullshit propaganda about more guns being the solution to everything.

Yep. School shootings and other terrorist events are the direct consequence of the NRA's actions. They're not pulling the trigger, they're not ISIS, but they're also complete scum.

And now makes videos calling out victims.

As opposed to videos of victims actually being beheaded?

I have no love lost for the NRA, and no one is saying they’re a good actor. They’re an impediment to progress. But saying that a terrorist organisation that has actually killed children, kidnapped them, and prostituted them out, and committed mass shootings themselves, to say nothing of the murder, beheadings, rapes, wars, etc, potentially has your respect more than an advocacy organisation which is criticising teenagers is, I'd say, past the red line.

We can debate whether it’s fair to "call out" the views of teenage gun violence survivors who have entered the political debate. But I hope we can all agree that killing teenagers is less worthy of respect than criticising their political views.

I believe that the NRA as an organization believes that their 2nd Amendment rights supercede the right of children to be safe in school. Not to mention the right of all of us to be free from a mass shooter in a movie theater, church, or anywhere else.

I'm not talking about what individual members believe, that's up to them to decide. But when you believe that your rights(and that was talking about a militia when militias existed. Guess we have a semi automatic militia now?) supercede even the right to life of children, what can you say about that?

Isis has complete disregard for human life in the name of their agenda. Does the NRA do same? Hmmm. I still wouldn't have more respect for Isis, but for me that's still a question to ponder.

Look, no one here is saying that the NRA is great. But being callous, craven assholes willing to exploit victims of tragedies is far different than being the kind of people wishing to perpetrate acts of mass murder.

Gun sales do go up after mass shootings.

I believe that the NRA as an organization believes that their 2nd Amendment rights supercede the right of children to be safe in school.

I think this is probably true.

But the Bill of Rights has always been about a balance between individual liberty and safety. Students (and the rest of us) giving up more of their own Fourth Amendment rights would likely make them safer as well.

Omg Rick Santorum actually said that students would be better served by taking CPR classes to deal with active shooter situations. Rather than marching.

I'd say he'd be better served by learning how to remove his own head out of his ass.

The insane logic of twisting oneself into a pretzel to insane extremes. In the name of gun ownership.

It's a shame when folks like Dickhead Santorum seemed to be normalizing in the face of insanity (agent orangutan).

His "normalizing" does not extend to
guns. They must be like oxygen to him.

It's like saying give some people gasoline and matches and just teach everyone else to be firefighters.

Actually I'm surprised Orange Clown hasn't suggested CPR training. Guess he's too busy trying to distract from Stormy and Karen.

They really don't like her, for several reasons. She's a "nasty woman", I suppose. The shaved head, the outspokenness.

Oh and she has a Cuban flag on her jacket. Her father came here from Cuba. Maybe we could have her deported.

Fake imageDZF9OLRUMAEp1JW.jpeg

She should be more like our forefathers, who would never rebel against the status quo!

I love how every conservative worships the Constitution and says it never needs to be changed, completely ignoring the fact that many Founders wanted the Constitution to be changed every few decades or so and put a mechanism in the Constitution to allow that change.

They really don't like her, for several reasons. She's a "nasty woman", I suppose. The shaved head, the outspokenness.

Oh and she has a Cuban flag on her jacket. Her father came here from Cuba. Maybe we could have her deported.

Fake imageView attachment 11846

Can we talk about that generic twitter user? "Linda NRA Supporter" and the username is @Linda + a long dynamically generated string.

How fucking stupid are people?

and put a mechanism in the Constitution to allow that change.

You are correct. There is a process to amend the constitution. 2/3 of the States or congress to propose, and 3/4 of States to ratify. Simple. I don't know of any conservative who is hostile to this process. Personally, I see conservatives much more open to the process, whereas the left is more comfortable with the idea of judicial activism.

You are correct. There is a process to amend the constitution. 2/3 of the States or congress to propose, and 3/4 of States to ratify. Simple. I don't know of any conservative who is hostile to this process. Personally, I see conservatives much more open to the process, whereas the left is more comfortable with the idea of judicial activism.

If folks on the left successfully amended the 2nd amendment, conservatives would be hostile to the process.

They do not like change. Conserve. Ative. No new people. No new culture. No new laws. No New marriages. They'll fight to conserve what they have (or had).

You are correct. There is a process to amend the constitution. 2/3 of the States or Congress to propose, and 3/4 of States to ratify. Simple. I don't know of any conservative who is hostile to this process. Personally, I see conservatives much more open to the process, whereas the left is more comfortable with the idea of judicial activism.

I think conservatives pretty much want to leave the Constitution alone. To the extent Conservatives are comfortable with the amendment process, I think it's because it's so incredibly difficult (as close to impossible as it comes in politics) to do.

Changing the gun laws via the legislative and political process, as incredibly difficult as it is, is still much, much more doable than amending the Constitution. It was trying to change the politics ("vote them out!") that those 200,000 people in DC were trying to do on Saturday.

Last edited:
Of course conservatives would be hostile with an amendment to re-write or abolish the 2nd Amendment. To remove one of the original Bill of Rights would be a heated debate to say the least.

My point to you was that you're suggesting the right isn't hostile to the process of constitutional amendment, and that the left isn't hostile to judicial activism.

These points are circumstantial to the current state of politics, and likely topics within each of them. Both sides would be hostile if the topics changed.

Back
Top Bottom