Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica. - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #676
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,397
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Smiling with an orphaned child who’s parents died protecting him from bullets that came from a gun owned by a man who was inspired to kill the child parents (and the child) by Trumps own words

Thumbs up!!
__________________

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #677
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,585
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
What has this disgusting piece of shit unleashed on us.

i'm quite scared it's going to get much, much worse next summer when he holds his Nuremberg rallies more frequently due to the campaign.

i can't believe they thought the appropriate response to last weekend's pogrom was an ICE raid of fucking factory workers.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #678
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,441
Local Time: 02:37 AM
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...730831360?s=19

In other words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

The cruelty is the point.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #679
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 21,028
Local Time: 08:37 AM
https://youtu.be/Tlt0LjKA2_w
U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #680
The Fly
 
Jerry Dunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 292
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
The cruelty is the point.
I think we have several LEO on the record saying this is true. That their explicit intention is to scare people out of the country.

Also, wasn't the ICE raid ordered by someone associated with the Koch's who was mad that the workers banded together to file a sexual harassment lawsuit? My understanding was that it was retaliatory and killed two birds with one stone by targeting immigrants and labor.
Jerry Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #681
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,904
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
This whole conversation reminds me of when people say that there's a better chance of having a vending machine fall on you than get killed by a shark.

Sure, maybe that's true. But I have a say in whether or not I ever go into the water to be eaten by a shark in the first place. Vending machines are everywhere. I can not avoid them.

.
Well you can also choose not to buy a Snickers from a machine and have that corkscrew thing not turn enough to drop said Snickers so you have to bang on the machine until either you get your Snickers or the machine falls on you and you get squashed, but spend your last moments eating a plethora of candy & chips that fell about you when the front glass plate shattered.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #682
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,158
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I think we have several LEO on the record saying this is true. That their explicit intention is to scare people out of the country.

Also, wasn't the ICE raid ordered by someone associated with the Koch's who was mad that the workers banded together to file a sexual harassment lawsuit? My understanding was that it was retaliatory and killed two birds with one stone by targeting immigrants and labor.

I saw it more as a 'destroying my own business to own the libs' sort of thing.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #683
The Fly
 
MissCandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: London
Posts: 154
Local Time: 01:37 AM
I agree LuckyNumber7: a gun is a gun, whether handheld, a pistol or a machine gun, even. It can still kill people, regardless of its type. Now, I don't know a lot about guns, but I know that.

Just to add my penny's worth.

P.S

I know I'm not an expert.
MissCandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #684
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,585
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I think we have several LEO on the record saying this is true. That their explicit intention is to scare people out of the country.



Also, wasn't the ICE raid ordered by someone associated with the Koch's who was mad that the workers banded together to file a sexual harassment lawsuit? My understanding was that it was retaliatory and killed two birds with one stone by targeting immigrants and labor.


This is the ongoing social media conspiracy theory I’ve seen.

I’m generally fairly sympathetic to LEOs because I work with them a lot, and the vast majority are doing the best they can with what they have.

ICE, however, is a self-selected group based on a mutual interest in inflicting cruelty. Their mission must be redirected with the next administration.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #685
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,245
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The main reason we have not moved to the US (despite numerous job offers) is because I don’t want my kids going to schools where they could be shot. That in combination with the healthcare situation, which would at least be mitigated somewhat for us by getting the gold standard, and honestly it’s an easy decision. Call me crazy but it’s how I feel.
I hear you! I am quite happy living in Canada where thankfully we don’t have most of these worries. I find it sad that the USA has so many problems that seems to be easily solved by other first world nations. I feel bad for the good American people who will probably die if they can’t afford health care or those families of shooting victims. Yes Canada is NOT perfect by any means but it sure does feel a lot safer.
dabiggestu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #686
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,397
Local Time: 06:37 AM
6 cops shot in Philly

Still on going
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #687
The Fly
 
MissCandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: London
Posts: 154
Local Time: 01:37 AM
It never ends. It is atrocious and devastating.

There's not much to add to that.
MissCandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #688
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,708
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Ok, you know I deplore guns as much as anybody, however, the vast majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides or incidents where the victim and perp know each other.

Mass shootings are a form of terrorism, and I don’t object at all to these travel warnings as they make a point, but to let fear of a mass shooting to deter you from doing anything is completely silly. I’d say the same think about drinking from the minibar in the DR. You are much more likely to be killed in a car crash in Canada than by a gun while visiting the US.
Yeah.

I was just in Tines Square tonight to see a movie. Only as we were leaving after the dinner after the movie did a barely think about it.

And i w as like... "eh" , dropped the thought. I'm fair!y often in/have been in what are now considered "targety" area after last weekend. Truthfully the odds are still very, very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The main reason we have not moved to the US (despite numerous job offers) is because I don’t want my kids going to schools where they could be shot. That in combination with the healthcare situation, which would at least be mitigated somewhat for us by getting the gold standard, and honestly it’s an easy decision. Call me crazy but it’s how I feel.
Your kids are probably not going to be shot. In the bigger picture look at how big the USA and really how many (still are horrifying) incidents happened. As though a Canadian you are, all this (and yes all the other countries with stricter gun laws) is extra craaazeee! Id love stricter gun laws! The NRA got highjacked in the 70's into this more guns-on-steroids mode.

Healthcare reasons , i do understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
This whole conversation reminds me of when people say that there's a better chance of having a vending machine fall on you than get killed by a shark.

Sure, maybe that's true. But I have a say in whether or not I ever go into the water to be eaten by a shark in the first place. Vending machines are everywhere. I can not avoid them.

It's absolutely out of anyone's control to whether or not they will be the victim of a mass shooting, and right now there is certainly a risk of being caught up on domestic terrorism in this country, so I absolutely don't see any reason why it's not OK for another country's government to point out the obvious increase in terrorism in the US.

This whole thing reminds me of when I was a kid in the 90s/early 00s and the idea of going to Ireland or the UK used to terrify me because I always was afraid I'd be the victim of a bombing if I went. Rational? Maybe not, but we were definitely aware over here that there was dangerous shit going on over there, largely domestic terrorism....so I get it.
Well, not that irrational because compare the size of The UK, or Ireland to the USA.
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #689
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,708
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I would add that I was a child refugee from a war torn country and that never, ever leaves you. I have no intention of my kids doing active shooter drills or buying a kevlar backpack. How daft does a person have to be to suggest kevlar backpacks as opposed to the most logical solutions, I'll never know.
Oh, well, now this certainly makes a deep sense. I'm do sorry you had to endure that.
Definitely understandable about children and those school drills. And kevlar backoacks? Shit, change the damn lax gun laws. No one needs guns-of-war.
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:45 PM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,708
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
So since the shootings,
A man arrested outside an Immigrant detention center in ElPaso, Wearing rubber gloves, with knife, gun and white powder.

Another arrested last night at a Walmart in Missouri. Entered the store with assault rifle, body armor and 100 rounds.

What has this disgusting piece of shit unleashed on us.
Well, he unleashed horrors practically from day #1 of his term.

He started kicking over the rocks of racists, white nationalists, supremacists etc from his rallies onward. Oh wait, no, after he started up with the birther shit.

They did warn abiut cooycst actions after last week's shootings.

Several days a week some my earliest thoughts of the day are "has he been kicked out of being The President yet ?!? ".


BTW headache why did you say you thought he'd resign by the end-of-the-year? Self-motivated, or pushed out by other Repuglicans.
__________________

dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com